Old 03-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #121  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Riestrella : Hi! Welcome back to the running world! You charity 10k sounds fun! I had a look at your program, I liike it, really progressive and everything! Good choice!

Went for a run last night, 6k. It was the first time running since monday. I really have to remember that 3 days and more without running is taking soooo out of the mood, good lord the first 3k were hard!

Today I'm letting my legs rest for my weekendlong run
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #122  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Turbo - Thanks! It really helped me when I did my last 10k, when I started I never thought I'd get up to running 6 miles but then by the time the race came around I did it! Well done on your first 10k this year, that's a brilliant time! I did mine in 1:11:23 and considering I'm now 21 lbs lighter I'm hoping to push my arse around a bit quicker this time!
Are you training for a race in particular now?
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #123  

Riestrella : I agree with you, training programs help sooo much! They slowly lead you to increase you distance and stamina without being TOO painful. And thanx on my first 10k, I was so proud to finally make it! I never ever was a runner in my ''before'' life. It was also a great goal to keep on training during the winter. Right now I'm training for a half marathon for the end of June... I have to admit that the distance is freaking me out though :S
Old 03-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #124  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I am doing a Hal Higdon program also! To get to 15k.

Tomorrow is my first weekend-long run. I've not done a run beyond 7k yet, while the first long run of the program is 10k already. But from what I gather you are suppose to take it super easy so I think I can do 10k but it's gonna take me an hour and a half or so :P
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #125  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 188/173.7/170

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi running ladies!

I've been running lots more in the past couple of weeks for a fitness test on a job application - I have to run 1.5 miles in under 14-something minutes. When I started a few months ago, it took me over 16 minutes, but last weekend I timed myself at 12:55! I'm still working up long distances though - those of you who did 10+ km are amazing! How long did it take you to get to that point?

Anyways, nice to meet you all
Hummus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #126  
say what?

welcome Hummus!

omg omg omg. so today was my long run and I just completed it! Did my first 10k/6.2miles in 1u11! I am sort of prud because I thought it was gonna take an hour and a half. I did have to push myself a little. Which I shouldnt have done because this is suppose to be a slow-long run once a week. But yeh. LOL.

I am not hurting anywhere so I think I'll be fine.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #127  

Welcome hummus!

Woah philana! Great job on the 10k! I just got back from my 10k weekend long run and it's funny, we also did the same time LOL Your legs might not be hurting but I suggest to not push yourself too much in the long run, they're supposed to be slow one, with the weeky training your legs might end up being more tired with the weeks passing by. Just an advice though

Just got back from my long run and today the legs were just not feeling it. I was a bit dehydrated too. Ended up doing it in 1h12min01sec, so I'm satisfied. I thought about just giving up after the first kilometer, so I'm happy I made it to the 10k run LOL
Old 03-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

After a crappy 3ish week break from running outside, I got back out there today! Just 3 miles, but they felt good. Except for the pollen. When I grew up in Michigan this was never a problem, but the pollen in GA is INSANE. One day parked outside, and your car is coated in yellow. We had a record high pollen count today, over 9000 particles per cubic foot of air or something. So I'm out jogging and I see the cars and I think, oh crap, that's what the inside of my lungs must look like! :P
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:35 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by philana View Post
welcome Hummus!

omg omg omg. so today was my long run and I just completed it! Did my first 10k/6.2miles in 1u11! I am sort of prud because I thought it was gonna take an hour and a half. I did have to push myself a little. Which I shouldnt have done because this is suppose to be a slow-long run once a week. But yeh. LOL.

I am not hurting anywhere so I think I'll be fine.
Great job! That's what my first 10K time was too! I might run another in the next month or two.
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:49 AM   #130  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! I officially started my 10k training on Monday! I did 2 miles in about 19-20 minutes. I had my puppy with me so I had to stop and start to put her on the lead a few times. There were also lots of puddles and mud so I had to walk around them sometimes (I'm right next to a canal, don't want to fall in!). But it felt GREAT running again!

I had a rest day early yesterday since I had an interview and had to travel to it. But today I'm doing 2.5 miles today!

philana - Well done on the 10k! You did it in the same time I did it for the first time!

Hummus - Way to go on your time! What's the job application? It took me 7 weeks of training (3 runs a week and cross training) to get up to 10k level. But I also ran for 2 months a few years before (was doing about 2.5 miles 3 times a week). With the right training you can do it!

Turbo - Those runs can happen to all of us! I used to get that at least once every few weeks where my legs were like NO NO NO, GOD NO!

M.A - Well done getting back in the game! 3 miles is great for a first time run after a break!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #131  
say what?

Turbo: Awesome job on the 10k also!

Musical: Pollen suck, I have a mild pollen allergy also and the meds have so little effect I just don't even bother. Don't know what it will be like when they come in full next month or so.

Riestrella: awesome that you started back up again, that is great! I used to run with our dog but the way it slows me down just annoyed me so I stopped. When I've completed my training and running is about 200% fun then I'll take her again. For now it's fun + building up to get somewhere.

--
I had a few very busy days so did not run since my long weekend run. I thought today would be better because I had 3 days of 'rest'. But it was really weird. I could not focus on my breathing. I just somehow made a mess of my posture. It took me 47minutes to run 4miles. I walked like 6times. I also didn't have breakfast before the run, that might have something to do with why it felt like it went bad too.

Tomorrow a 2mile run and some tempo-work. Saturday is another long run. I am sorta scared of it. LOL. I love my Hal Higdon training plan, and if I can stick to it a bit better then I am sure I'll see real results in a few weeks.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #132  

Aww I'm so glad people are posting again on here! I felt so sad to see the thread go all quiet! lol

MusicalAstronaut : god it must be horrible to run in that much pollen! good luck to you!

Riestrella : nice job on starting your program! don't fall in the canal! hehe

philana : I always feel that when I don't run for more than 2 days, I always suck at the next run... Maybe it was just something like that happening to you? And it's normal to be a bit scared of the program increasing... the moore you'll go out of your comfort zone, the more you'll improve!

Hey runners!

I had a tempo run on monday and it was HARD. My program was going from a 5k tempo run to a 6k tempo run... de +1k, I felt it LOL. It was also hot and I don't think it helps.

I'm going for my moderate run tonight and I got my long run this weekend... a 11k one. Never ran more than 10.25k. Getting past that is kinda hard on the mental.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #133  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

You all make me feel like such an under achiever! lol!

I'm doing the c25k program for the third time. Completed it last year, started it again in January, got bronchitis and quit. I'm now on week 3 day 1.

I am have the worst pains. I pronate, not sure which...I walk on the insides of my feet. I bought new shoes a few months ago and things were fine until last week. We are having VERY warm weather and I wore flip flops to work. Went to run that night, didn't finish and could hardly walk home from my apartments gym.

Ran and finished Saturdays run without noticeable pain.

Pain went away, wore flip flops again last weekend, pain came back Monday, couldn't finish my run. Went to bootcamp, took it easy on the runs, (wore my running shoes all day), some pain was present.

Not as much pain today, went to run, got half way through and had to quit.

It is not my shins. The first time it happened, it was both my inner ankles (like the tendons were reacting to the amount of work). Now it is my right ankle and my left knee (more like something on the side).

This is just so frustrating to me. I was doing really well. I don't want to have to stop running, because I actually enjoy it. Anyone else ever experience something similar?
Lnm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #134  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 188/173.7/170

Height: 5'7.5"

Turbo and Philana: nice work on the 10ks! I can't wait until I can do one of those. Can I ask what you do on a 'tempo run'?

Musical: Running in that pollen takes dedication - sounds pretty intense!

Riestrella: I'm applying for the police, and the run is part of the application. My short distances are getting better and better, but the long ones are a completely different physical and mental game! It's encouraging to hear from someone who did shorter distances and worked up to the 10k so quickly though, so thanks

Lnm: sounds like you were wearing flip-flops before each time the run was painful? I know after I wear flip flops or flats that have no support that I get sore ankles and calves, but I usually feel it while I'm wearing them too.

I did another timed 1.5 mile run on Sunday, and knocked off another 20 seconds for a time of 12:33! I have 6 weeks until my test, so I'm hoping to get it to around 11:30. I also have been increasing the distance on my weekly long run (which isn't that long yet), and did 4.5 miles in 46 minutes yesterday. I only had to stop to walk once for about a minute, which is a big improvement over last week's 4 miler when I walked 3 times. I'm increasing the distance by 0.5 miles every week until I get to 6.2 - hopefully I'll do my first 10k in 3-4 weeks! Right now it seems pretty impossible, since 4.5 miles felt like a stretch.

Happy running everyone!
Hummus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #135  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

hey IDK if ya'll remember me but I'm back! Still running, but was out recently due to an injury. went for a slow run today, and I started a new Runner's World beginner's program. Still trying to get the weight off of me before I up my mileage.

Riestrella-I'm still doing fitocracy and still loving it! Good to see you're running again!

0:38:02.9 || 3.2 mi || 11:59.7 min/mi (+259 pts)
aka8941 is offline   Reply With Quote