Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Riestrella Glad you're having a good holiday and thanks for the encouragement! I really need it at the moment, I'm just gaining and gaining. I've seen adverts for Insanity - it looks horrific! Are you working with your fella in Japan? Will you get to see him more? Always a silver lining!

baker23 the pancakes were tasty! But I ate too many and then I made fajitas yesterday and ate too many. I'm making burgers tonight so fingers crossed I can stick with a big salad and not over-eat for the third day in a row! Do you guys have pancakes for Mardi Gras over there too? Congrats for being so close to your target, what an amazing job!

Philana I hope you're managing to resist temptation. It's the absolute hardest thing for me to say no to food being offered. Good luck with the detox!

MusicalAstronaut Sorry to hear about your relationship, well done for staying strong. It seems like you know deep down that it wasn't right and you're ready to move on with your life and be happy. I'm sure you will keep feeling this way and moving forward - just be relieved that it's not causing you stress in your life and concentrate on making yourself happy.

tiny Tiger Have great holiday! I'm sure you'll look great in whatever swimwear you choose

I'm feeling terrible today, I'm gaining weight rapidly as I'm overreating an enormous amount. I don't know what I can do to make myself eat less, say no to treats and stick to my targets. I just don't have the willpower - it's such a vicious circle. I get up in the morning, disgusted with my fatness, so then I go to the gym, have a healthy breakfast and lunch and start to feel a bit better and more positive. But then I get to about 4pm and all I can think about is food, if there are treats in the office I'll gorge myself, then again when I get home, and then I'll make a fairly healthy dinner but eat too much, and then snack and have more 'treats' before I go to bed. Then the next day I'm angry and disgusted with myself for losing control, etc etc. I know it's just a *simple* case of saying no, I won't have that cake, and no, I don't need 3 fajitas for dinner, 2 will be enough, but I just can't seem to do it. I don't know how to stop being pathetic and grow some self restraint. Does anyone else have this issue or are you all just much better at forcing yourself to resist temptation to eat all the time?

Sorry for the long rant, just needed to get it out of my system. Hope everyone else is feeling better than me today!!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #212  
Awesome

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

themilesawaygirl, there was a scientist from Stanford University on NPR recently discussing some of the more recent research on willpower and how that applies to people who would like to have more. It debunks a lot of the old ideas about willpower as something you just have or don't have.

Willpower is like a muscle; the more times you use it over the course of the day, the more tired you are by the end and the less likely you are to resist temptation.

I've been reading her book (Kelly McGonigal, "The Willpower Instinct") and it's really helped me to find ways to strengthen my willpower. She includes lots of techniques that could help you.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #213  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonfaith View Post
I'm new to the forum and this is my first week dieting, but I decided to go ahead and take this challenge. I think it will be a good motivator for me. I looked over the spreadsheet and you guys are all doing so great! It's really inspiring for me
You enter your data at the bottom of the spreadsheet, not at the top - those are titles for each column.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #214  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Thanks Riestrella

Today I bought a pair of those sneakers with toes, similar to these: http://www.toerunningshoes.org/wp-co...ning-shoes.jpg

And I LOVEED my run with them. My old pair were step-up's, which provide more resistance, but they were just getting annoying...I ran 2.75 miles pretty easily Furthest amount I've run
Old 02-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
You enter your data at the bottom of the spreadsheet, not at the top - those are titles for each column.
So sorry! Fixed it
Old 02-24-2012, 07:57 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 227/243.8/146

Height: 5'8"

Hey Rie, can I get added back on to the list? I forgot to weigh in the last two weeks. Let me know, thanks!!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #217  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelle8310 View Post
Hey Rie, can I get added back on to the list? I forgot to weigh in the last two weeks. Let me know, thanks!!
No problemo! Make sure you enter your previous weights or your current weight before Monday morning Colorado time!

Last edited by Riestrella; 02-24-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #218  
Against all odds

S/C/G: 340/331/170

Height: 5'8"

Did we ever find out how Riestrella's BF reacted at seeing her? Inquiring minds need to know!
Old 02-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #219  
Sarah

Quote:
Did we ever find out how Riestrella's BF reacted at seeing her? Inquiring minds need to know!
EEPPPP i'm curious about that too =D...
Old 02-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #220  
Sarah

Yay...so today I managed to do my furthest run...3 miles. I feel so accomplished and for some reason doing a 10k this summer dosen't seem as daunting =D...OHH and tried on a dress that I couldn't wear 15 pounds ago because it clinked tightly around my stomach. It fits perfectly now...Good day =D...Hope everyone elses was good.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #221  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Haha! You guys...so nice you remembered about me!

There's not much to tell really, he loves the new me needless to say! He's quite a reserved person, so he wasn't quite "OMG YOU LOOK GREAT" but over time I could tell he definitely saw the difference. Meeting him for the first time was super weird though...it wasn't quite the romantic moment I had anticipated. It was very surreal and strange after 7 months away. But when we were putting my case in the trunk of his car he said I looked amazing and he could see the difference =). When things started to feel less weird and more normal, he really did express how proud he was of me which made me happy.

I think he's just really impressed about my lifestyle change in general too, that I'm more confident and committed to working out and the such. I've been pigging out on food but still trying to fit in an Insanity workout! Things are better than ever between us - I know it sounds cheesy but I just love him to pieces! I'm going to hate leaving!

I've been stalling with my weight during the trip, which I am FINE about! I might have gone up a pound this week, but I've been weighing in at 155 most of the week so I'm keeping my weight that way! I really need to drink more water though!

Charts will be done tomorrow, last day to weigh in everyone! And baker - 10k is totally do-able. I did this training programme: http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51...Novice-Program
and doing the 10k was fine! I was around 170 lbs while I did it, so when the weather gets better I'm going to use that programme again and see if I can beat my time!
Old 02-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 260/seeticker/190

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

hey guys. just popping in.lost a pound this week with no effort. butttt my diet starts good again tomoro. nice sayin riestrella! been a lil sick. so i have not been on the treadmill for two weeks. but tomoro is a new day. back on track.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm so annoyed that I've stalled so hard. There's so much junk food in my house...ahhh! I came downstairs and my dad had made french toast for breakfast. At my house that means lots of syrup and powdered sugar. My mom put a CUPCAKE on my plate. Really???? I've been eating cheerios for breakfast for 10 months straight, why haven't they figured that out yet? Ugh ugh ugh. I should be at 180 on Sunday and I don't think there's any way I'm going to hit it.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #224  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

DarlingBrit is still in the lead in the challenge chart with an amazing 66 points! Well done for reigning supreme again! Tiny Tiger has entered the top 5 at number 3 jumping up from 6 last week, way to go, girl!!
Liliesinmycereal is kicking a$$ by winning this weeks weigh in, losing an amazing 5.4 lbs which is a massive 3.60% of her body weight! BOOM! Well done to Kailpea and naffy for getting in the top 5 for the week also!
We have a new number one this week for the overall charts, well done to lilypad for taking the top spot! After being hesitant towards joining the challenge (I seem to recall), torito is owning the challenge coming in at number 2 for the overall charts! Never doubt yourself again, you rock! Congrats to dayoneagain for entering the top 5 from 10! Well done to ilovemo for entering the charts this week, and to all those who have moved up this week too.

Congrats to everyone who made it into the charts and to all those losing! The spreadsheets I use to make the charts are now viewable by the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet but are locked so can only be edited by me. See how far you were away from getting in the top 20s!

By the end of the week there were 78 people listed on the spreadsheet. Which means we had 6 new contenders!
I have had to move 15 people to the stand by list. A total of 83 people have dropped out so far
There are now 61 people remaining in the challenge!

Challenge Chart:

Week 8 Chart:

Overall Chart:

Last edited by Riestrella; 02-27-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #225  
Sarah

Yay...first time on the weekly chart ^_^ Great job on losses this week. Riestrella- Glad you and your boyfriend are doing great And good job on staying the same weight...If I was in your shoes, that would NOT be happening xDDD. I think I'm going to start on week 2 of the training program. The last three days I've managed 3 mile runs. Wish me luck *crosses fingers*
My weight is going to be funky this week. I'm sick and for some reason I always gain even though I eat alot less 0.o it drops off but bleh xD
Closed Thread