Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #136  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

jessica2231 and aka8941- *dances* Congrats on both of your losses this week. Gotta love those wooshes =D

MusicalAstronaut- What was your time for the 3 mile run? I'm still running under 2 miles at a time, but hoping by my birthday in April to get a 5k done When I run at the gym I always end up choosing a treadmill next to someone running since it helps push me a little bit so I totally get the whole peer pressure running thing. xD

Daki- Ewww hope ya feel better soon. Can't wait to see a pic of the dress if you do end up posting it.

kimmyskelter- Great job on staying within your calories =D...During my TOM, I always crave sugar which is weird because I usually do eat a decent amount of it anyways xD Totally get what you just went through

jlariccia- Welcome ...OHHH crazy jeleous of you right now. Where is your cruise taking you? I took one back when I was 19 down to the cayman islands, and mexico. LOVEEDDDD it and can't wait to go on another one

I've been pretty much eating at maintaince this week. Need another little minibreak from losing(seem to take one every few months) and i'm just craving food so it seemed like a good time. Maybe my loss will jumpstart back up once I start on plan again...*crosses fingers* Prob going to start on plan again next week but until then...more food =D. More good pratice for maintaince. Day off from excerising today and no work so i'm just being really lazy.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

baker23, my time with the person who runs faster than me was probably 27 minutes. That's faster that I'd like to go though, haha. My last 5K I did in 32 minutes. I like to go slow. :P And I found the transition from 2 to 3 miles wasn't too bad, so good luck!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #138  

Ugh, help me! I've done TERRIBLE this week! I hate being at my parent's house! The fridge is overflowing with soda, we have pizza for dinner almost every night, there are cookies and ice cream and chips in the house at all times. I keep eating it. I'm so pissed. In my apartment I didn't keep any of that sh*t and now it's everywhere. And my mom keeps pretending like we're doing this together and going like "Oh I worked out so hard today when I walked the dog!" and stuff like that, and my dad has diabetes and just goes "I wish I could lose weight like you but I'm too old" and my 12 year old brother is obese already but my parents get mad at me when I tell them we need to get rid of the junk food. He hordes food, hides it in his room and in the basement and stuff because he's afraid other people are going to eat it.

UGHHHHH sorry for the rant! I'm just pissed that I'm getting sucked back into this and they're all going to die from weight-related issues but they don't care and I DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN TO ME!
Old 02-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #139  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

musical - I'm so sorry you're going through that. I live with my parents and when they're eating junk or have junk in the house I pretend that I'm living with roommates - and the junk is the roommates food not mine, so I'm not allowed to eat it. My mom has learned that I will not eat her food if she cooks junk food. She also says she needs to lose weight, but doesn't try any. And my dad said he wants to eat better but it's so hard. I just wanna scream "you think this is easy for me when you guys are eating that **** and i have a salad?!". But in time, when they're ready, they will hopefully do it with me. You cant force anyone into giving up food, or losing weight, or being healthier.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 260/seeticker/190

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

hey guys. how ya'll been? ive been ok. i didnt really eat healthy beause i was at my fiance's house with our daughter. sooo u know.all junk. lol. but i ate the junk food moderately and still lost weight. gonna post in my weight right now.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 260/seeticker/190

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

feeling good.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #142  
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

232 this morning. I actually got 230 on Tuesday morning, but it was only a one day fluke. I'll be excited when I can see that number.

And on a totally different side-note, the boyfriend and I had Wendy's tonight. I've been craving it all month, so I saved up some extra calories today so we could have it. Bleeeech! It was not as good as my brain remembered it to be, and it made me feel kinda weird right after I ate it. Light headed and sick to my stomach. Haha. I don't imagine I'll be craving it any time soon again.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:41 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 160/145.5/135

Height: 5ft 3

Ahhhh! Got down to 158lb. I've been weighing at that for the past few days so I'm happy that I've finally reached it. However! I was 156.3lb at one point this week... I guess it was a one-day fluke too.

It's okay, I'll keep fighting! Hopefully I'll lose another pound next week.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:39 AM   #144  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I'm jumping back in the convo!

MusicalA: I am so sorry to hear about your situation. It must be frustrating beyond belief. However, you can't force your family into healthy living. You could maybe try to find a way to playfully educate them about food? Wouldn't start with explaining calories because they are probably gonna be so shocked they feel discouraged. But maybe just whole wheat vs empty carbs or so. Goodluck, and whatever happens - stick to your own plan. You can do it! My mom eats super unhealthy and won't gain anything because she is ADHD or something. She NEVER sits still. Has a very active job. It's crazy. haha.

---
Started low-carb (50g a day) 4 days ago and I have dropped 4lbs! They were stuck on me for weeks. Now they are gone. And I fit into a smaller size pants. So it's real weightloss. Not just water, haha.

Last edited by philana; 02-13-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by torito View Post
musical - I'm so sorry you're going through that. I live with my parents and when they're eating junk or have junk in the house I pretend that I'm living with roommates - and the junk is the roommates food not mine, so I'm not allowed to eat it. My mom has learned that I will not eat her food if she cooks junk food. She also says she needs to lose weight, but doesn't try any. And my dad said he wants to eat better but it's so hard. I just wanna scream "you think this is easy for me when you guys are eating that **** and i have a salad?!". But in time, when they're ready, they will hopefully do it with me. You cant force anyone into giving up food, or losing weight, or being healthier.
Yeah, that sounds like my family, haha. The roommates thing is a good idea, I'll give that a try. Thanks!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

I have not stepped on the scale in a while because of the move but i look at this forum everyday... I bought my hello kitty bikini in hopes that it will keep me motivated. I took before shots and I will take progress shots to document this regimen (a modification of how I was losing weight before I started eating all the junk food).

Philana: I'm going to try low carb too! I'm so excited to see it's working for you!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #147  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

On a break from the scale. Won't be weighing in this week or next. Still in challenge just on a break. I am focusing on my running tho =D I'm going to try to push hard to get up to 2 1/2 miles In the next two weeks. Wish me luck

liliesinmycereal- Awe bet that bikini is adorable. I kinda want one now too xD
Old 02-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

running sounds awesome!!!

I got my top from a discount store! It was originally from Hot Topic but it was shipped and is now sold at a great price! I was so happy!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 187/190/145

Height: 5'5

Riestrella I am still listed in the standby section. My weight for today is 181. I won't be online for the rest of the night so can you either add it for me, or allow me to update it tomorrow?
Thanks
Old 02-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 135/124/110

Height: 5'1"

132.5 this week, which is down from last week, but that's not saying much because last week was right after a superbowl binge!

I'm on vacation now for a month and I don't do well with having so much unscheduled free time so... I joined a gym! I really want to take a lot of different classes and work on strength training. I'm really good about cardio, not so much about the weights. So far I've taken 2 step classes and today I had an introductory session with a trainer. It was really weird to talk to someone out loud about what foods I eat, what my goals are, what exercise I do, etc. because that stuff I normally keep to myself. But he taught me how to use the machines and we did a quick 15 minute workout that definitely kicked my butt a little. I don't have the money for more training sessions but he is going to meet with me in 3 weeks just to check in and see how things are going. So I need to get my butt into gear so I'm at a lower weight next time! It's really nice to have someone in real life to be accountable to.

Anyway, done rambling!
Closed Thread