Old 01-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #1  
Tracey D

S/C/G: 146/138/115 or less

Height: 5'2"

Default Gluten Free anyone??

Hi everyone!

So I am on day 4 of my Gluten Free diet and am wanting to know if anyone else has give n up gluten and noticed any positive changes? Right now for myself I am giving it up to see if it affects my “abdominal” issues haha. TMI?

I am incorporating this into my overall diet of 1200-1300 calories per day (as I am trying to lose weight)

Thanks!!!
doyschert87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #2  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Yep! Been there, done that.. my mom has a wheat sensitivity, and tends to go gluten-free-ish, so it was easy for me to jump on the bandwagon to see how it affected my weight.

For me, it tends to have the same effects really as Atkins. I lose weight (relatively quickly), long as I'm sticking to it, but I find it rough and hard to maintain! With 1200-1300 calories a day, it'll for sure be effective!

Tonnes of luck!!!

Last edited by Jelbb; 01-20-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:17 AM   #3  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I've been gluten free for a year and my stomach feels much better.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #4  
The Last 10lbs!

I'm gluten-free because I am experimenting with eating paleo/primal. I am not finding it that difficult and I really like this way of eating. My mom is doing the same, and since Boxing Day has lost most of her muffin top (there wasn't much of one, but it is the ONE area of her body that she has complained about for years) but that may also be the added fat in relation to the lack of general carbs/gluten.

I find I am far less bloated eating gluten-free foods, but I have not replaced regular bread with gluten-free bread - I have just gotten rid of it altogether.
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #5  
Trimming the fat

S/C/G: 163/163/120

Height: 5'1

Yea, I'm a lifer now. Been doing it since December of last year. I am intolerant to gluten itself as well as some of its cousins such as that found in oats. Honestly, I haven't found it difficult at all. It comes down to never eating fast food (only a positive there), rarely eating out except at places that are established GF (which are usually the pricey places), and cooking every freakin' thing you put in your mouth lol. I've cut out almost all processed foods except for rice Chex which is my one vice. Eating "clean" I believe is what it's called. All naturale. I eat rice once a day with my lunch but no other grains at all. It ended up being a spring board to overall healthier eating. My diet consists of nothing but chicken, fish, eggs, milk, greek yogurt, fruit, and veggies in various combinations. Good luck with your diet.
LadyWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #6  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I probably really should go Gluten free since Bread, pasta seems to give me a stomachache. Not all the time but sometimes and it tends to be annoying...but that way too much for me right now. lol. Maybe when I reach my goal or get into the 150's I'll try it out unless anyone has good tips on how to start it?! PM me, thanks
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 135/131/115

Height: 5' 4.5"/164cm

I've been trying to follow a gluten free diet since I have stomach issues. However, this week I've been eating a bunch of wheat-based products this week :-x It's hard trying to weed them gluten foods out!
gogosj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #8  

I've recently been diagnosed as having Coeliac disease, so it's essential for me now!

While I do feel so much better for not eating gluten, I didn't drop any weight like I thought I would! That's probably because it really messed up my diet when I got the diagnosis. I would either eat hardly anything at all, because I lost all passion for food, or I'd eat tonnes of convenient (and unhealthy) things like gluten free pizza, chips, wedges etc. because in my mind, it was so much easier to eat like this than preparing gluten free meals.

Now I'm eating loads of fresh produce, and fish and chicken (and I've finally started to enjoy gluten free bread... but only toasted!) So fingers crossed that will see the weight start to come off. It really does make things easier when pies, cakes, biscuits etc. aren't even an option. Although I've been coming across some AMAZING gluten free baking recipes lately... Gulp!
essqueue is offline   Reply With Quote