3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   <100 calorie snacks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/250565-100-calorie-snacks.html)

kellyg2 01-15-2012 04:19 AM

<100 calorie snacks

Does anyone have any good low calorie snacks they love? Sweet or salty snacks...but I'm more interested in the sweet stuff ;)

Riestrella 01-15-2012 05:06 AM

Be careful with low calorie snacks, for they might be low in calories but their salt or sugar content might be soaring through the roof and not do you any good. I'm not much of a calorie counter so I'm a bit useless, but just wanted to warn you of false advertising with some foods.

BigChiefHoho 01-15-2012 05:50 AM

I'd generally sooner have a small amount of something good than a pile of junk, so my go-to sweet snack is a small square of dark chocolate. For a savory snack, veggies with a little hummus or a piece of string cheese.

bargoo 01-15-2012 09:08 AM

Laughing cow Light Cheese Wedges ...35 calories.
Non fat yogurt 50 - 70 calories.
Sugar free Jello - 10 calories.

DrivenByAmbition 01-15-2012 09:37 AM

I like cheese as a low cal snack.

sontaikle 01-15-2012 11:42 AM

if I need something but I'm not hungry I'll grab some smart fries. They're great and I usually go to them if I need some really low cal snack to stop a craving.

65 fries in one serving (110 cal) so I'll usually have 30 fries and figure it as 50 cal :)

philana 01-15-2012 11:51 AM

my favorite snacks are:

50gram of full fat greek yoghurt + half a banana in slices + 1 teaspoon of sugar = its approximately 120 calories - so delicious and none of that fake fatfree sugarfree stuff. it's healthier in my opinion to eat the full products than all the chemically enhanced stuff

We have these crackers here in the Netherlands that are 25cal and pretty big (LU Cracottes), I top that with a full tablespoon of peanutbutter. It's about 110calories also.

And ofcourse cheesestrings, they are only 70 cal a piece.

A handfull of salted cashewnuts (20gr) is also about 120 calories.

DesertTabby 01-15-2012 12:53 PM

Grapes! I loooove seedless grapes; low cal, sweet, and great 'movie-munching' food, just make sure you pre-portion the amount you can eat! 10 grapes is 34 calories (roughly), so you can easily have 20-30 grapes.

What I really want to try is dipping them in dark chocolate (perhaps only half the grape?) as a low-cal snack. I'm just trying to figure out a recipe that satisfies both my calorie limit and the 'OMG SO GOOD' taste.

philana 01-15-2012 01:21 PM

I was going to add another of my favorites, it's also with grapes!

I cut 10 grapes in half and toss it in a bowl of about 80grams of cottage cheese. It's about 100 calories also. It's a great combination. Preferably with yellow/white grapes.

Riesz 01-15-2012 01:55 PM

String cheese, mini Babybel cheese, Laughing Cow light wedge, small apple and a bit of peanut butter, small handful of almonds and a couple pieces of dried fruit, etc. I personally avoid commercial "snack packs" and try to snack on food low in sugar and salt. Fiber keeps you feeling full so fruit and nuts make great snacks.

KawaiiCandie 01-16-2012 01:59 AM

i'm in japan (the land of non-existant diet food) and some of my favorite snacks of the moment are, dried squid (it's an acquired taste...) and cabbage dipped in miso. i especially like the last one cuz i can eat it a bit like chips... lol.

i guess it doesn't sound too interesting, but figured i'd share anyways lol.

desiresdestiny 01-16-2012 02:01 AM

Fiber one brownies

Razorbackbritt 01-16-2012 10:08 AM

I like to snack on "real" food. I snack on fruits, veggies with hummus, homemade pickles, string cheese, or other things. I try to stay away from processed foods (we joke at our house anything in a box or plastic bag is processed...pretty true)....

I just find the processed crap doesn't stick with me...where the "real" food does.

One "treat" for me (that includes some processed stuff) is a few tablespoons of plain greek yogurt with a little bit of sugar-free pie filling. It makes the most delicious yogurt-y treat! I usually do about 3 tablespoons yogurt with 1/4 cup pie filling. Cherry and apple are my faves!

whatsammysaid 01-16-2012 01:41 PM

I usually go for a sugar free jello, a nutrigrain bar, or some nuts. I love almonds and a few of emeralds cocoa roasted almonds can definitely satisfy a craving.

KatTheAmazon 01-16-2012 11:22 PM

My go to snacks are Greek yogurt, veggies/fruit, and nuts.

I do like the occasional cheese stick too.