12 Weeks to Take Off III - Shed With us in 2012 - Sign Up NOW

You're on Page 1 of 28
Go to
  • What started as a whim back in May 2011, has grown into a small movement. Now we are about to start the third “12 Weeks to Take Off Challenge!!” The goal of is to offer support and accountability. Please think of posting your weight each week as a log for yourself, instead of an "official" competition. Everyone is welcome!!! This challenge will follow the same format as the “6 Weeks to Take Off Challenge,” so check out that thread if you want more details.

I’m a bit busy lately and decided to be lazy and use the same charts and graphics that I used for the Holiday Challenge. Also please remember I’m doing these charts on a $400 laptop with the program “paint.” This is why the charts are sometimes a little blurry.

Thanks,
    Scarlett

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge is Closed - No More New Members!!

~*Googledocs Spreadsheet Link*~

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lA4dlE1ZmZyZ0E

~*Dates*~
    Baseline: 1/5
    Week 1 : 1/12
    Week 2 : 1/19
    Week 3 : 1/26
    Week 4 : 2/2
    Week 5 : 2/9
    Week 6 : 2/16
    Week 7 : 2/23
    Week 8 : 3/1
    Week 9 : 3/8
    Week 10 : 3/15
    Week 11 : 3/22
    Week 12 : 3/29

• Since there will probably be a lot of “Resolution Junkies” in this thread, I thought I’d post some information to consider when making your personal New Year's goals. Running these challenges taught me an awful lot about weight loss. The most valuable lesson by far was learning how to have realistic expectations.

This is some unofficial data from all the challenges I have done.

12 Weeks to Take Off I

Participants who Started = 41
    Participants who Finished = 18
    Total % Weight loss of Participants who Finished = 6.45%
    % Weight Loss of Challenge MVP = 11.89%
    # of Finishers who achieved 10% or More = 3/18

12 Weeks to Take Off II

Participants who Started = 72
    Participants who Finished = 29
    Total % Weight loss of Participants who Finished = 4.26%
    % Weight Loss of Challenge MVP = 13.06%
    # of Finishers who achieved 10% or More = 1/29

6 Weeks to Take Off Holliday Challenge (Through Week 5)

Participants who Started = 59
    Participants who Finished = 30
    Total % Weight loss of Participants who Finished = 1.92%
    % Weight Loss of Challenge MVP = 6.64%
    # of Finishers who achieved 5% or More = 2/30

Hopefully this information will help you guys to come up with a realistic time table for your New Year’s Resolutions. Finishing the challenge and posting a small loss is more than most users accomplish. Based on my experience it is unrealistic to expect much more than a 10% loss over the entire 12 weeks if you’re being really good.
  • Is the challenge only open to 20 somethings?
  • The challenge is open to everyone. I do not check birth certificates . I just like keeping the thread in the 20 Somethings forum, it's been a great home for these challenges so far.
  • I'm in!!

The 6wk Challenge was awesome.. Well my new year resolution is to loose 100lbs. I know that seems like a huge goal and it is that is why I am taking my weight lost journey 10lbs at a time. I only worry about 10lbs. So for this challenge my goal is to loose 10lbs. If I loose more that would be great, but only shooting for 10lbs.

Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2012 brings us all lots of healthy weight lost and happiness.
  • I'm in I'm hoping to run a 10k and 1/2 marathon this year. And hopefully drop the rest of this weight. We'll see how it goes. My resolution is to worry less about the number on the scale and more about how my body feels and looks to me. I'll set my goal at 175 and go from there Good luck everyone and Happy New Year
  • im in.
  • Woohoo, I'm in even though I'll need to maintain my weight for a weeks!
  • I'm in!
    Where do we put our goal weight on the chart? The last week?
  • I'm in.
  • I'm in!

In 12 weeks I would like to be down to 195 or smaller!
  • Quote: I'm in!
    Where do we put our goal weight on the chart? The last week?
    I don't like to do goal weights. We did them for the first challenge and almost everyone made them way too ambitious. It ended up being kind of a downer that most of us didn't come close.
  • After basically maintaining since October, I am back in diet mode. South Beach Phase 1. I bought food and prepped tupperware meals for the next few days to take to work. I'm hoping to drop a quick 10 pounds and finish my sig goal before I go back to grad school on the 18th.
  • I'm in! I still have a looong way to go. My husband will be home soon and that's when it will become more difficult to keep losing.