Old 01-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #151  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

Well, I gained weight over break, and the college gym is closed until the 22nd, so I will just hope that I don't gain a great deal more before I can get back into the semester rhythm.
PollifaxFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

PollifaxFive - I'm totally with you. Waiting for a few things in my life to settle so that I can get into a routine. Can't wait to get acclimated to graduate school and my new job.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #153  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

@Scarlett, Good luck to you! With both the continued weight loss success and with your new graduate school / job schedule. It's been so difficult lately to struggle towards 160 for me, and I've just been wavering between 160 and 170 but I hope that I can get into the 150s this semester. So good luck to us both

Last edited by PollifaxFive; 01-16-2012 at 03:11 PM.
PollifaxFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #154  
Sufferer of abibliophobia

S/C/G: 206/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I CANNOT believe I forgot to weigh in last week. I feel like such a dufus!

I know I'm gaining weight back. I need to get back on track. I'm matron-of-honor in a wedding in April. I need to lose a bit more weight before then.

I do have a pretty legit excuse for the past week of not working out. I got a sinus infection, ear infection and bronchitis all starting on the 7th. I went for a very short run yesterday to test things out. I made it 3/4 of a mile and it took me about 7 min. I guess it's as good a start as any after the week I've had!
pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 187/190/145

Height: 5'5

Didn't get to weigh in due to the fact that the gym was cold due to nasty January weather and the only scale I have access to during the week is there

I will be sure to weigh in this week
canuckgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:47 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Oh man! Just saw the charts for last week, which would feel great, if it wasn't for the fact that his weekend was pretty awful, and this week is nowhere near as good as last week. It's Tuesday evening where I am, so I weigh in on Friday mornings to keep up with the flow of things on here. Maybe a solid Wednesday and Thursday will do it? I haven't stepped on the scale since that wonderful weigh-in last Friday --

eeep
laura365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:19 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 135/131/115

Height: 5' 4.5"/164cm

argh after i started bloating due to the monthly rag i sorta fell off eating right :-( i'm afraid to weigh myself.. eeps! hopefully i'll start getting it right again SOON
gogosj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pockets View Post
I do have a pretty legit excuse for the past week of not working out. I got a sinus infection, ear infection and bronchitis all starting on the 7th. I went for a very short run yesterday to test things out. I made it 3/4 of a mile and it took me about 7 min. I guess it's as good a start as any after the week I've had!
I would say that sounds extremely legit! It's been hard for me to get back to running, too, and I didn't have anywhere near the reasons you had for stopping. But we're both back on track now - just have to stay that way!
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #159  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

dandk0204- Congrats on being biggest looser.

I feel like I have gained alot of weight this week. I have barley exercised and my eating has been all kinds of crazy. Today is a new day and I am trying to start it off right by eating healthy breakfast and going to exercise.
I have been busy trying to stay stress free and busy with school. This semester is kicking my butt. I hate to weigh in and see what the scale has to say. Time to get back OP and get this weight off. I want to look in mirror and see on the outside how I feel on the inside. I am learning that it takes time to loose this weight and even though I am struggling the main thing that matters it that I get back up and finish what I have started.

I think I will weigh in today to see where I am at. Hopefully the scale wont be to mean.

Keep on keeping on lady's and remember you are worth it and it ain't easy but it is worth it....
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I saw 178.0 this morning.

I finally caught back up with my ticker that I set last October. It was a pleasant surprise since I've sort of just been hanging on this week waiting for a few things to calm down. I guess this was my reward for running in this insane cold. Starting half-marathon training in the northeast in January sounded more fun on paper haha.

Also to a few of you that are a bit down. You just have to stay positive and stick with it. During the first 12 week challenge last May I gained on something like 5 of the 12 weeks. It felt like every other week, I woke up on Monday saying "at least I have 3 days to right the ship before weigh in." I ended up losing 17 pounds total. Keep going, you won't be perfect during the entire 3 months. The old adage about "progress not perfection" definitely applies. One day at a time. You Can Do It!!!!!!

Last edited by Scarlett; 01-17-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pockets View Post
I do have a pretty legit excuse for the past week of not working out. I got a sinus infection, ear infection and bronchitis all starting on the 7th.
Oh my goooood. I had all of those at once (Double ear infections, actually!) almost a year ago. I spend 3 solid days in bed, it was awful. I feel your pain, I hope you're doing better now though!
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 74/74/60 (kg)

Height: 1.70m

Can I join now too? Or do you have to wait to join until the last week of the 12?
Poca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 250/256.3/160

Height: 5'10"

Way to go Scarlett! Feels good to be back to ticker weight

I have not been going well. When the challenge started, I received the news that my grandmother was in the hospital. My brother and I stayed the weekend in Maine and ended up being discharged that weekend. Doctors were still not sure exactly what was wrong but when she was admitted she was a couple hours from death. Friday we found out that she has lymphoma. They say she has less than a year to live. My Grammy is so important to me it is hard to deal with this. So this weekend I have been eating poorly and drinking a lot. I am trying to get back on track. We will be seeing her again this summer so I want to be as close to my goal weight as possible. She was the poster child for eating right exericsing, which is why she is still able to live at home in her 80s.

So as of this morning I am up to 216.

I haven't started my new strength program either. I am on track today and I will at least go for a walk after my dentist appt (I may not be able to do heavy cardio) and possibly to the gym afterwards for some weights.
KatTheAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:06 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 186.6/181/164

Height: 5' 8.5"

Can't quite believe the loss this week! Although it was TOM last week...

Baseline: 1/5 -- 186.4
Week 1 : 1/11 -- 186
Week 2 : 1/18 -- 181
LondonGirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:59 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Kat Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. It's obviously been a tough time so don't beat yourself up about your priorities focusing on family. Good luck getting back on track and thinking of your gran as a role model for living a healthy life into old age. My thoughts are with you.

Scarlett Thanks for the encouraging thoughts. I'm struggling more than ever this time, but it's so good to see how your positive attitude and perseverance are keeping you going in the right direction. I'm constantly gaining at the moment / yo-yoing at best, and I need to find a way ot get some control in eating and exercising habits, but it's thanks to you and other like-minded people on this forum that I'm not giving up!
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote