Old 12-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/145

Height: 5'7

Default Damn You Cheddar Bunnies!!!!

I would like to believe I have a decent amount of will power... How else could I have made it past the half way mark of my final goal.. But I have found my kryptonite... and it isnt pretty.

Annies Cheddar Bunnies.
http://www.kathiappelt.com/blog/wp-c...es-500x375.jpg

I have never had them before a few weeks ago, and I never buy junk food for the house.. EVER.. I know I will eat it otherwise. But they recently added these to our assortment of oreos, nuts, cookies, fruit, etc in the kitchen at work (none of which have ever tempted me)... and I just can not say no! I have tried everything.. but the only thing that would work is avoiding the kitchen.. and that is not an option.. It is where we all eat our lunch, where the microwave lives, where they keep all the afternoon snacks/fruit.. I usually allow myself one red apple with peanut butter a day as a snack.. and that is it. I have been good with that for months.. not straying, content...

Then the cheddar bunnies appeared (think adorable bunny shaped cheddar goldfish- only slightly -read: not really- more healthy and organic)! I had to try one.. what harm would one do? right? WRONG! Now, I can't go up there without coming down with a handful of them.. I will go up with the intent of having an apple, and walk away with bunnies.. I will go for water.. end up with bunnies.. you name it... And whats worse, it does not stop at one handful.. I keep finding reasons to go back!

What a disaster Does anyone else have any weaknesses that they can't really avoid? What do you do about it?
sabri711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I am a trigger food junkie. Sweets and cakes do it for me. When they aren't around I have few issues with staying on plan. Most of the time I don't even miss the junk food. Then once they appear I turn into a crazy person. The Halloween candy drove me up a wall.

I would suggest avoiding the kitchen as much as possible. Do not let yourself have ANY bunnies EVER. You obviously cannot handle them. Try using the listerine (or whatever brand) breath strips. Put one one your tongue every time you go into the kitchen. The intense mint taste in your mouth will make food taste bad and make you not want to pick at the munchies. I learned about this trick in a diet book. It really helps.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks Scarlett, I will give that a try.. I used to do that with gum and brushing my teeth, but I guess I just.. conveniently forgot? hahaa
sabri711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:10 PM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I don't blame you, those look really freaking good.

Since they're at work and you can't quite get rid of them, I have a small suggestion that's worked for me. You said that you get up with the intention of getting an apple...so take ONE cheddar bunny AND an apple. One bunny will give you the taste you want and you'll have an apple like you wanted. Same thing with the water.

If that doesn't work, Scarlett's suggestion is really good. Just avoid the kitchen altogether.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

poutine was mine. and fish and chips. nothing better after a good drunk than some fish and chips. i drank alot to, well not alot, not alot for my culture anyways. but when i started to count the alcohol calories i was quite surprised. ill never give up drinking but ive cut it probably by half. i now have maybe 15 drinks a week, sometimes only 10. and i avoid poutine like the plague. if i have fish and chips i dont add poutine onto my chips and only have one piece of fish. im also trying to drink more vodka and less jager and beer as they have more calories than vodka.
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

Cheese and chocolate are my downfalls. After eating one slice of cheese I want the whole block! Chocolate oranges, chocolate coated coconut, chocolate coated almonds... all so deadly for me! I take just a few at a time but every time I pass the dish/jar I take some and it adds up quickly.

The suggestion about eating a mint or gum whenever you go into the bunnies' evil lair is awesome! When I know I have cheese or some delicious chocolates in the house I *try* to take several large gulps of water or eat gum whenever I feel a craving kicking in. It works most of the time.

Last edited by Riesz; 12-29-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote