Old 12-09-2011, 01:37 AM   #46  
blah

S/C/G: 145/131.8/115

Height: 5'4"

sgregg: I am using the facebook app, mynetdiary. Yesterday I ate 1420 calories. Today though, I don't know why but I don't feel like eating. It's 5:30pm and all i've had is some crackers and cheese (approx 300 calories). I know its really bad but I have no appetite for some reason :/
unpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:03 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

notperfect - You should definitely eat more calories at your weight. Are you strictly calorie counting? I'm at 218 and the MINIMUM amount of calories I should eat to lose 2lbs a week is around 1440, so yeah, pack you some apples and peanut butter or a banana. You need those good calories!

pretty
- I've never heard of that app. I'll have to check into it. I use myplate on livestrong.com.

Last edited by sgregg; 12-09-2011 at 08:05 AM.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #48  
blah

S/C/G: 145/131.8/115

Height: 5'4"

eh I feel really weak and crap today. I felt so moody I barely got up off the sofa all day, just sat there. Probably got up 3 times. Only ate about 700 calories. I haven't really done that before but will just today damage my health?
unpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Sgregg: Calorie counting and exercising. I’m trying to eat healthier options. But again it’s sorta hard when I’m not the one buying the food. And it’s SOO much easier to stop at burger king to grab something on the way to class… lol I’m trying not to do that anymore. I have a nifty little app on my phone that helps me count calories.. It tells me that I have to get 1800 to maintain so I’ve been eating anywhere between 1500-1700 calories. (on a good day meaning non class day lol) Most my problem is.. I cannot eat breakfast no matter what I do.. It gags me in the morning and makes me sick. I try to eat small things like toast (Not the best for me but I can handle it) or maybe an apple.
imnotperfect24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #50  

notperfect - What about a granola bar? And I think it takes lots of work to stop eating fast food when you've been doing to for so long. I am 28 and I have finally gotten to the point where all fast food is just nasty to me because I think of how unhealthy it is.

pretty - Eating so few calories can be damaging if you do it for a while and then start eating more. Then your body will gain even more weight because it will start hoarding all the food you put in. With that being said, I am not a doctor, but it's just what I have learned by browsing different forums.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #51  

Good morning, everyone! It's early and cold this Saturday morning.
So, a puppy was dropped off near my house yesterday. And I guess we are adopting him. He's so cute. Very fluffy. I wonder if he's part husky since he's a howler. He's outside howling now because he can't come in the house. A guy actually stopped yesterday and asked if he was ours. Said he almost ran over him. He also asked everyone else down the road and no one claimed him so I told him that we would find a place for him or just keep him.

Anyway, I was doing so well with my eating yesterday and then I went shopping while hungry. NEVER a good thing. Haha! It should be pretty easy for me today to stay on plan. DH is going out of town to visit some friends so I won't have to worry about cooking anything for him. I tend to eat more when he's around for some reason. I guess because he's always rummaging through the cabinets.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #52  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! Well I've had a major stall recently, I've been at 163 lbs now since the 20th November, which is 3 weeks! I know that a big part of it has been lack of exercise, but it's slightly disheartening that after this week having kicked Insanity in the a$$ and done it every day that I haven't budged. But I have been on my period...so I'm reaaaallly hoping that after drinking loads of water and trying to sort my eating out I can drop to 159 lbs and achieve my mini goal!

My eating has been terrible recently, I had a massive pig out Monday with crisps, coke, chocolates and sweets and a foot long subway with my friend, Wednesday was my Mum's birthday so we had a massive curry, Friday I had chocolate, chocolate cake and crisps in the evening, yesterday I had toast in the evening...I swear my period makes me an eating MACHINE.

So I might plan to have a bit of a detox next week, just eat healthier foods and cut out some of the processed foods from my diet. Usually I'm fine, but I think with this stall I really need to take some serious measures to get my weight budged. I think once I hit 162 lbs I'm going to scream in joy! The funny thing is is that I've had this stall before!! I hate stalls, they're the worse!!

namaste - Sounds like you're going to be mega busy, but your plans sound awesome! I love social events, but I know how they can take it out of you!

Emerald - You're the first person to say you hated it! Was it because it was a challenge? Because believe me, I don't think anyone LIKES it to begin with, but there's nothing like completing a challenge! If you love walking then definitely go for that!

sgregg - I can't believe you asked me what a curry is!! It's Indian food, tends to be in curry form (so meat/vegetables in a Indian source usually served with rice or nan bread). But then again you can have Thai curry or Japanese curry...generally Asian cuisines have curries!
Wow, after me getting a puppy too! Puppy central! I eat more when I'm with my boyfriend...I don't know why. I think it's because I'm so at ease around him that I don't care about what I'm doing to my body because I know he loves me! But I've warned him to not let me graze when I visit him!

perfect - 1000 calories is very low medear...remember that you need more calories for your body to burn if you're exercising too!

aware - Welcome!! And I've read that, now that I've had someone recommend it I will try that technique! I read just a tbsp, how much did you feed your puppy? And was it fresh pineapple or did you get tins?

pretty - Yes, it is harmful for your health. If you don't eat enough your body will kick into survival mode and anything you do eat will be stored away making you gain more weight. You need to eat a healthy balance diet 3 times a day and exercise for at least 20 minutes and getting a bit of a sweat on to lose weight. Drinking lots of water is also key to stay hydrated so you don't retain water either. So get up off that sofa, eat something good and do something! You only live once!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #53  
Ready...Set....GO!

S/C/G: 132/120/110

Height: 4'11"

I've been doing well lately myfitnesspal is helping me out a lot. I'm still learning, so seeing everything all organized out like that helped me realize that I was way overestimating a lot of foods and not eating enough....that would explain feeling hungry all the time. I've been keeping track of my foods with myfitnesspal for 5 or 6 days now, and I love it! The only thing I don't like is entering in exercises... you can't just enter a video workout (it doesn't seem) so you have to break down every single movement you do and enter them all in speparatley? If you do something like the 30 day shred, it will take forever to enter in all of the workouts and times you do them.

Rie-- I'm not exactly sure why I hate it..haha. I think I just don't like to exercise in general. After I'm done with the 30 day shred, I feel lightheaded, sick to my stomach, and I'm so shaky I can't even walk down the stairs. About 25 or 30 minutes later, I feel good and proud that I did it....but I hate it while I'm doing it and right after I'm done...so, that's what sticks with me and makes it hard to do it again. I was never huge (132lbs at 4'11"), people still called me "small" but I was "overweight" according to all of the charts and my Dr. I didn't do many work outs...so going from nothing to the full blown 30 day shred was just a lot for me. I know you have to build up to it, and that's what I'm working on.

Again, it's just hard with a small child, freezing temperatures, and 2 jobs outside of being a mom and a housewife. I'm still trying to figure out what works best for all us!
Emerald Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #54  
Ready...Set....GO!

oh, and sgregg-- thank you SO much for your encouragement! My daughter will be 21 months this week (ack! I can't believe it!), so she isn't really cooperative with me holding for long periods of time to use as my "weights" haha. She LOVES to be chased and tossed around, however, so I've been doing that quite frequently and let me tell, you...I'm 4'11" and weight 122lbs (woohoo down 10lbs!) and she is already around 1/2 my height and weighs 25lbs...so tossing her around is a WORKOUT.
it's just hard because "tossing 25lb baby" isn't in myfitnesspal, so I have a really hard time tracking my workouts. and I have NO idea how many calories I burn, so I can't enter it myself.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi friends!!! I am so sorry it has been a while since I have been on! I have bee doing pretty ok. I wrote a 37 page paper this past weekend so I was super busy. I tried to keep my diet in check though and I went for 3 mile runs a few days so... I am pretty ok with my behaviors. Could be better, could be worse

I still have 2 20 page papers to write that are due by Monday so I will have to come back and do personals at a later date but I think you are all amazing cause I read your stuff! Keep pushing!

In other news!!!! I weighed in at 147.6 the other day, it is .5 down but it is my lowest yet so I was pumped! I am probably not there yet but iver Christmas I will get there cause I know I can

Good luck ladies !!!
Jamie1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #56  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Good evening!

Sorry I haven't posted much on here. I've been lurking and doing daily weigh-ins but I haven't really gotten a chance to post on here. Work's been absolutely crazy with the holiday season coming up soon. I did manage to secure a free week this week to take care of all the fun busyness, as I mentioned last week. Next week I will be working all week and then taking a flight back and forth to Memphis for my extended family's Christmas. I've never flown by myself before so that should be an adventure. I guess now is as good a time as any to learn the ins and outs of delayed flights and running to the gate, Home Alone-style.

Jamie- Congrats on the weigh-in! Great job. Those sound like pretty sizeable papers, my first degree is in technical writing so I'm all about those long papers. What's your major in again?

Emerald- Don't feel too bad. When I first tried 30DS I almost had to call in sick to work the next day cause I felt like I had the flu. But 30 lbs lighter now it is much easier to do those workouts cause I'm in better shape now. I would definitely recommend a lighter workout if you're not used to it, or modify the moves.

Last edited by namaste984; 12-12-2011 at 11:18 PM.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #57  

Namaste - I'm only a couple of hours from Memphis! Be careful there though, it's gotten really dangerous, especially around the holiday season.

Jamie - Good luck on those papers!

Emerald - 30DS is definitely a hard workout. Any time that I've tried it I wasn't able to move the next day. But I'm sure if you did it all the time you would build up tolerance and get in some good shape. Where do you live in TN?

Rie - Stalls suck! Good luck on your detox!

Well, I'm so freakin' happy right now! I just got my scores on my PLT test (a big expensive test that I have to pass to get my teacher certification), and I passed with flying colors!!!!! I wasn't sure how it was going to be because that test was sooooo hard. BUT I PASSED, I PASSED!!! Yay!!!

Anyway, on a different subject. My weight is up. I am planning on drinking lots and lots of water today to get rid of this water-weight. I know that's what it is.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #58  
Ready...Set....GO!

Once this year is over, working out *should* be a little easier to do because I'm leaving 1 of my 2 jobs. Then, I'll only have one job at about 30ish hours a week instead of 2 (on top of being a housewife and stay-at-home mom). We're paying off our car this week, and that frees up quite a bit of $$....so, we don't *need* me to work the 2 jobs anymore. I've been burning the candle at both ends just with work doing this for almost 2 years now....so it will be nice to just have my job that I do from home and cut out the one in the office at night. I'll have a *little* more free time.

namaste-- ha! yes...that's exactly how I feel after I do the 30DS, so it's hard to make myself keep at it... I know it won't feel like that all the time, but not knowing how long I must suffer is awful.

sgregg - I live just south of the Nashville area Moved here because I fell in love and got married....and it's generally a good idea to live in the same state as your husband I'm originally from NC. CONGRATULATIONS on passing your test!!!!!!!!!! that is SO awesome!!! I know you must be thrilled
Old 12-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #59  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

Morning all,

I woke up to a pleasant surprise this morning. I weighed 208.2 (!!!) lbs after not really doing much so I'm quite happy with that. I also found out last night that I made a 100 on my first final, much to my surprise. So, unless I hear otherwise I have made my 4.0 for the semester.

Today is also my boyfriend's birthday and we are going to Dave and Buster's to celebrate. For those of you who don't have those, they are like a place where you can eat dinner and play different types of games like skee-ball and basketball and such. So I will have to make sure to eat something light when I go to celebrate with him. I also have my last final tonight before I go to celebrate with him.

sgregg- Yes I know! I lived there for 18 years and you do always have to watch your back. It was definitely a culture shock when I moved up north and into the suburbs, I felt a lot safer but I had to get used to it.

Emerald- Glad it wasn't just me! Have you ever tried any of the Biggest Loser workouts? (Not the Jillian Michaels ones.) I have been doing those for awhile and they are short and have modifications built in. Also, you can customize your workouts so if you want to do one or all six workouts then you can. It's pretty nifty.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #60  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies!

Monday morning I weighed in at 163 lbs, no surprise there that's what I always weigh these days. But later in the evening, having eaten mind you, I was getting ready for my work Christmas party and I was waiting for my straighteners to heat up so I thought I'd step on the scale. 162 lbs!!! Holy moly! I was amazed, simply because I usually weigh like 5 lbs more once I've eaten but huzzah! I got super excited and changed all my tickers.

However I've been back up to 163 lbs the past few days so I feel a bit disheartened! But I hadn't worked out those days and I managed to slap myself across the face and do an Insanity workout today. I'm drinking loads of water so I'm hoping that it helps with tomorrows weigh in. I'm keeping my tickers the same though =p.

My work do went really well, everyone loved my new dress. I managed to get a picture of me before I went outside and got windswept!

I won 2 awards at work, best newcomer and favourite person to work with. So amazed! I also came 2nd in hottest female, I was shocked! People actually voted for me!!

I put this in my progress pic thread in the main forum, but I figured I'd put it here too. Can't believe how different I look now! I think I look a lot more 'alive' if that makes sense!

I go back to work on Friday, after 2 glorious weeks off! It's going to suck so much! I've actually gotten used to not working!

Emerald With your fitnesspal try searching for circuit training, there usually is a similar option then you just enter 20 minutes and voila! Maybe you should try a new exercise if you hate that one? Do you have a console? There are lots of fitness/dance games people love to do that will make you break a sweat. Can't believe you work 2 jobs, I couldn't do it!! And here's me complaining about going back to my one job!

Jamie - Good luck with all your work and congrats on the loss!

namaste - Ugh, I've travelled to America on my own 3 times, soon to be 4 times. First one went fine but the other 2 I was delayed, one of them by SIX HOURS, I've also had to catch later connections, almost didn't get on one because I was on standby, had to RUN FOR MY LIFE through Philadelphia airport to catch one connection...I HATE FLYING! The trip in Feb I have 2 connections, which is going to suck because they've given me 50 minutes to get off the plane, get my bag, go through security and go to the gate. So yeah, I hope you have better luck than I do flying alone ;p
Congrats on your loss and a great result academically!

sgregg - Congrats! Feels like everyone is passing jobs and seeing success! I think we'll both be drowning in water today =p
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote