Old 11-28-2011, 12:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/199/140

Height: 5' 6"

Default Ready to get back on track

Confession time. I fell off the wagon, ladies. Two weeks ago. I'll get the excuses out first: extra time at my internship, too many papers/presentations due, friends coming down to visit, going home, Thanksgiving (of course), etc.

But I'm ready to wipe the slate clean. Tomorrow is a new day and I want to get back on track! I'm ready for the weight to come off. My big motivation is going home for Christmas. I go home in 3 weeks and will start seeing all my family again in just under a month, and I'd love to have lost even just 5-7 pounds by then. The thing is, whenever they see me, my aunts always comment on how I look like I've lost weight. Half the time, I haven't! They just like to give compliments (also, I'll toot my own horn a little here, I'm super good at dressing to hide my weight!). So honestly, I'm just dying to see what they would say if I actually DID lose weight! Obviously, it won't be a huge amount by the next time I see them, but I'd like to do it anyways.

This thread is my accountability! I'm ready to get back on the wagon! Let's do this! Does anyone else have certain motivations to stay on track during the holiday season? (Aside from the obvious long-term motivation--being healthy!)
4theloveof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:03 AM   #2  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

First off, I admire any one who loses weight while in college. I don't know how you ladies do it! I didn't restart until I was just about done with grad school

You have a wonderful attitude about this whole thing and I really think you'll do fine. You've also set a manageable goal for yourself (5-7 pounds in a month is a good, healthy pace—if a little ambitious) but don't be discouraged if you don't happen to meet it.

I did really well on Thanksgiving so I'm hoping to have a repeat of that success for Christmas. My motivation for getting through the holidays has been that I've worked so hard and I'm SO CLOSE to my goal that I'm not going to stall my progress or go backward just because the holidays are around!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/199/140

Height: 5' 6"

I don't blame you for waiting till after grad school, Sontaikle! Believe me, I'm in my third year of undergrad and I've been trying for all three of these years to make the weight lost happen-- obviously haven't been too successful yet! lol.

Congratulations on being so close to your goal! That is a great motivator-- you can definitely do it! Keep up the great work!
4theloveof is offline   Reply With Quote