Old 11-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #16  
Vegetarian college girl

S/C/G: 185/157/140

Height: 5'9"

^ same. and when I'd feel a little nicer or respectful of my body, I might try for a flattering look, but I'd regret it later because then I'd think it was too explicit/showy and not good enough
wtfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #17  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

I guess I dress my age. I'm 27, I've been married 9 years, and I have a 6 and 4 year old. My clothes for winter are usually fitted sweaters, skinny jeans, and boots. For nights out usually high waisted short skirts, cute tops, tights, and 4-5 inch heels.

For summer I'm constantly in sundresses and wedges.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:01 AM   #18  

I never dress my age, not because of my weight though. I'm either dressed like a scruffy teenager in old jeans and baggy jumpers when I'm feeling lazy or need something comfortable to lounge around in, or I'm dressed like a 30/40-something buisness woman just because I love smart work dresses and jackets.
eryn s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:52 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/110

Lol i so know what you mean!!

Im dressing soooo badly at the moment. I just cant bring myself to spend money on "fat clothes".. it seems like such a waste.

I have a wardrobe FULL of smaller size clothes, and i definitely take more pride/style in what i wear when im skinnier.

Guess I kind of feel like its not worth it to dress nicely because at the end of the day still dressed up fat! But then i know women who arent skinny who look absolutely beautiful no matter what they wear - so its strictly how i view myself lol.
goodbyefatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #20  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Sort of? I'm also 30 but I end up wearing a lot of t-shirts and jeans because they're easy. A lot of more professional things just don't work as well for me (high heels hurt my knees, I have to order special button down shirts to get the fit right, etc). I figure once i hit goal I'll try and invest in some nicer clothes (i have a huge wish list that's ever growing ) but in the meantime I try to look as nice as possible. I'm not sure what age that puts me at. I get confused for being younger than I am often and sometimes for a college student even though I really am not trying to dress that way!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I've always dressed my age, but now that I'm 50 lbs lighter I can find a LOT more clothes in my size that look my age lol. When I was 230 lbs I still wanted to dress like a 20-something, but I mostly wore jeans and a hoodie/tshirt b/c nothing else fit or looked good. Now I'm shopping at American Eagle, Forever 21, etc. and actually finding clothes that fit! It's awesome.
MedChick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #22  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
I get confused for being younger than I am often and sometimes for a college student even though I really am not trying to dress that way!
Oh I get this all the time even when I'm not trying to dress younger too! I get people constantly thinking that I'm in high school and that my younger brothers are both older than me (when one of them is actually IN high school!).

It's kind of funny when people ask me where I go to school and I tell them that I'm done. They ask about college and I'll tell them I'm done with that too. Some mention graduate school and I'll say "Yep...did that too. Done for the time being." I get that confused stare and I refuse to tell them my age 8D

I kind of enjoy people thinking that I'm some child prodigy

Last edited by sontaikle; 11-09-2011 at 09:15 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #23  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
Oh I get this all the time even when I'm not trying to dress younger too! I get people constantly thinking that I'm in high school and that my younger brothers are both older than me (when one of them is actually IN high school!).

It's kind of funny when people ask me where I go to school and I tell them that I'm done. They ask about college and I'll tell them I'm done with that too. Some mention graduate school and I'll say "Yep...did that too. Done for the time being." I get that confused stare and I refuse to tell them my age 8D

I kind of enjoy people thinking that I'm some child prodigy
It's funny isn't it? I've gotten it a lot from other moms (although I am younger than all of my mom friends because we had DD young) who are really surprised by my age. When people find out that I'm both done with grad school and have a preschooler, it's normally a shock. I'm going to enjoy it for now (although when I meet people for work for the first time I make sure to dress up A LOT just to be clear that I am a professional and not just a student) because I know it won't last forever.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

If I have the body for it, I am totally dressing "younger" even when I am old!!
To make up for all the years I've shopped in the old lady department in my 20s!!
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

I try to dress my age but 26 is kinda hard to dress for. Not teens/early 20s anymore and not middle-age. I wear mostly plain tops in flattering cuts/necklines with long necklaces or scarves and other jewelry. I have the most fun with accessories, since those outlast any change in weight! I always wear boot cut jeans in very dark wash because I have muscular legs that skinny jeans just don't seem to flatter properly. I like cute flats and mostly avoid heels since I'm already tall.

I've been making an effort to pay attention to trends and which cuts of clothes flatter me now that I've lost weight and my body has changed so much! Like many others, when I was obese I wore mostly loose-fitting clothing. I hated anything clinging to my fat rolls! Really though, the tent-like clothing didn't help at all either. So happy to be enjoying clothes shopping again!
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

Man, I feel like a loser right now!! I just went from one end of the spectrum to the other.
I took my daughter to the mall and I was browsing at each store seeing if I could find anything that would fit in some of the "trendy" stores. I'd never been in an Aeropostale before but they had some hoodies onsale for $12. The XL fit really nice so I bought it.
Then I wikipedia the store and I see it's for 14-17 year olds!!!!!!!!
So I went from shopping in Grandma stores to shopping in a teenager store!! LOL
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #27  

My bargain price fat clothes age me. But I have a baby face, mainly cause of the fat. So I just look like a frumpy conservatively-dressed dork lol.
Everyone makes fun of my cheap fashions, but its not because I hate clothes-I LOVE them, but I make 30k in NYC, so I'm not about to spend tons of money on my "before" body that I want to change over the next months haha
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 270/237/170

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riesz View Post
I try to dress my age but 26 is kinda hard to dress for. Not teens/early 20s anymore and not middle-age. I wear mostly plain tops in flattering cuts/necklines with long necklaces or scarves and other jewelry. I have the most fun with accessories, since those outlast any change in weight! I always wear boot cut jeans in very dark wash because I have muscular legs that skinny jeans just don't seem to flatter properly. I like cute flats and mostly avoid heels since I'm already tall.
I'm with you, I just can't figure out what's too old and what's to young for me. Sometimes I look at celebrities in their mid to late 20's and 30's and think they dress too young so maybe I'm just out of style.

Now my uniform is jeans, sneakers or flats and nothing-special shirts which I think works for most ages but there is a fashionista waiting for me at size 12.
RockemSockem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

I'm in the same boat, 25...its a weird age to dress for!!! I think its the age to wear skinny jeans with sexy boots and nice flowing tops..funky accessories.
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Omgosh OP - I totally feel you on the flip-flops. I wear them most of the year until its freezing (now, sadly) because my feet are so wide everything else is either painful or ugly! I try to dress "younger" but I have to be clever to do so. Combining bright solid colors, etc. Adding a quirky accessory in with something ordinary - stuff like that. I have to say, one day I am going to look forward to being the girly-girl I am on the inside!
Amber1011 is offline   Reply With Quote