Old 10-27-2011, 11:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/ticker/140

Height: 5'10"

Default How will you stay strong for this weekend?!

So Halloween is this weekend!

I live in a college town and it's a big festivity to go out ALL week. Fortunately, I have said no to going out every night so far, but I at least want to go out Friday and Saturday. That being said, I have already planned on drinking vodka (~70cals/1oz) and diet coke only.

I am very scared of the drunken food binges as well! I tend to crave pizza or burritos during a state of inebriation. What are you guys planning to do this weekend? I'm not sure if I should incorporate 8-10 shots of calories into my daily calorie allowance. That'd only give me around 700 calories of real food

Not to mention, I go to a Big 10 football school and will be going to the game at noon.. most likely followed by partying afterwards.

I really enjoy partying hard with my friends as I haven't done it for awhile, but I also want to cut back!

Basically... I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too. What do I do!? What are your plans for managing this weekend?

Last edited by packofneurons; 10-27-2011 at 11:51 PM.
packofneurons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

Hmm. Well, depressing as this might sound, could you carry some crudites with you? Or perhaps have 4-6 shots and alternate with water. Can you look online at the menus of potential restaurants beforehand and pick out something to order? Look at it as a learning moment where you incorporate eating healthfully into real life...

I think this is nationwide, but some national chain restaurants are required to print calorie counts in the menu. Wowee. At Islands Restaurants, very little is below 1,000-1,400 cals! They do have some salads and appetizers that are under 500 tho. Mexican? Something non-cheesy, like a fajita or soft taco -- and maybe skip the actual taco part. All of that stuff has invisible demons that conspire to leave you the next morning with extra lbs. Also, an appetizer portion of anything may be all that you need or want. I really would stick some raw veg in your bag tho. You'll be proud of yourself the next day.

Weight Watchers has a feature where they give you X number of extra points for the week, over your daily limit. Maybe you could take that tactic. Really though, I find this sort of thing so hard, but also if you can even make any small change, it'll be a big step towards being permanently slim! Yay!
crimsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:15 AM   #3  
fake it till you make IT!

S/C/G: 312/264/199

Height: 5'6

When I'm faced with situations like this I say to myself "What would the 150lb me do"? She'd be more into having fun with friends then thinking about food, & Yes she'd probably splurge a little but nothing crazy". This is what I always do. Like last week for example I really wanted to go out and have a drink or 2 & go out to dinner with my boyfriend, ya know, have a normal Saturday night instead of CONSTANTLY watching every little thing I eat & staying in on the weekends till i lose the rest of my weight. So I went out, had 3 drinks made with REGULAR coke (because they had no diet! go figure!), went to a movie & had 1 bag of candy, went to dinner & SPLIT the meal with my boyfriend, not too bad huh? & earlier that day I only ate a slice of wheat toast, turkey bacon & 1 egg for breakfast. SO the next day when I weighed myself i expected to see the scale up by like 6lbs & it didn't even move! It was the same from the day before! I was sooo happy & relieved. This made me realize something very important and BIG. That while I'm on my weight loss journey & I must be strict on myself, I can still enjoy myself once in awhile & not stress about it in my mind where I feel like I may go crazy!

So with all that, I suggest you just allow yourself to eat and drink what you want this weekend, but in moderation. Then, come Sunday you get back to what you were doing. Just watch everything that goes in your mouth, but don't drive yourself crazy bc if you stress you might over stress yourself & just say "screw it" & over indulge & you don't want to do that!

You''ll be fine, don't worry
tinkerbelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #4  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I know how you feel. On Sunday my family wants to go test out a buffet by our new place. My plan to stay strong is portion control, portion control, portion control!!! I'm not even sure what kind of buffet it is. I think it may be a cross between Chinese and American food but I could be wrong. My problem is that my biggest craving and my most common binges are Chinese food. I love it!! So I think my plan, because this isn't a place that has nutrition posted, is to go with a lot of veggies and then small portions of what I crave.

I think Halloween will be the hardest. I'm passing out candy to the neighborhood kids. My thing is I'm a candy addict. I can't be passing out candy and going "one for you, one for me, one for you, one for me," to the kids, that's insane. But very me also, hahaha!!!

I wanted to go to a couple different parties this weekend but it doesn't work out. I don't have a car and I live a ways off campus so I'd have have to bus down. Well I have to bus through the northside and where I live that's mostly gang territory. It's rough enough during the day but at night its scary. I don't even want to know what it's like on Halloween weekend. Getting shot is not worth a couple of shots. Haha!!
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: S/C/G --- 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

This weekend is also mine the hubs Anniversary... We are actually planning on getting tipsy here at home tonight
and have fun just the 2 of us since we have had a very busy, populated couple of weeks. We won't be pulling out
anything crazy, but I do plan on throwing in an extra 20-25 min to my routines this week to try and make up for it.
KellyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130

Height: 5 foot

Since my husband and I don't do the party thing, and we live where there are NO kids (Boo for not getting to hand out candy!) I don't have the candy around the house or the drinking as a temptation....This weekend is like any other weekend to me. My husband and I LOVE to eat out....And discovered a new favorite last weekend. I'm doing weight watchers so since he mentioned going there tonight, I've been careful what I eat today, trying to fill up on water instead of food (and what I have eaten is low points...shrimp for lunch). Trying to save as many points as possible. I also try not to use my "weekly points" and save them for weekends and times like this So far it's worked well!

Last edited by KatRat; 10-28-2011 at 02:16 PM.
KatRat is offline   Reply With Quote