Old 10-23-2011, 11:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 276/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default Need some inspiration or some support... or really anything at this point.

Lately I have been feeling extremely discouraged after spending the summmer gaining back 20 lbs of my hard worked 35 lb loss. Im feeling really devestated and discouraged and completely disappointed in myself.

I am a fat girl with a super model sized sister and it often feels like I have no one to talk to or relate to. Its so frustrating to know that I can lose weight, I just often choose not to because I am "To lazy" or "to busy". I know these are just excuses and no reason not to make myself better and healthier but the prospect of jumping back into the daily counting, and dieting, and working out is daunting. I know that loosing weight and maintaing is a complete lifestyle change but it is so hard knowing that it took months of being obsessive and denying myself even the smallest treat because of my weight and now the thought of doing it again is really emotionally exhausting.

Three months ago, and 20 lbs lighter I got married and today I pulled out my much loved wedding dress for a "Trash the dress" photo shoot only to find that it no longer fits. This was probably one of the most upsetting days in my recent life.

I dont know what Im really looking for right now, maybe just someone to tell me that falling off the wagon doesnt have to be the end of my weight loss journey but I really dont know how to even get myself back into the midset to loose right now. Im having a bit of a pity party over here and need to pick myself up and get the heck over it but Im not sure where to start.

Anyone else out there who has lost and then gained repeatedly but still managed to make their goal eventually? I need some inspiration.
Kalymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:04 AM   #2  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Here is the truth.......if we don't learn from our mistakes we are bound to repeat them. When we lose weight, there is no going back to old ways. We have to create new ways and stick with them, forever.

That you posted in the 20s section, I'm guessing you're in your 20s. I cannot assume how many times you've lost weight, but I can speak from my own experience.

In the past, I thought losing weight was about losing weight. I'd take it off, but eventually put it all back, if not all and more. I have not learned, until now at 51, that this is forever. WHEN I reach goal, I will still have to watch what I eat.

Starting now, eat like you weigh your goal weight. If you do that, you'll reach it. That is the truth. That is the "magic" of staying at a healthy weight.

I wish you luck.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote