3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   I'm Back, with at least 20 pounds to lose! Motivation Buddies?! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/245522-im-back-least-20-pounds-lose-motivation-buddies.html)

elizabethyellow 10-19-2011 11:37 PM

I'm Back, with at least 20 pounds to lose! Motivation Buddies?!

Hello all... I created my account over the summer and was so motivated to lose weight... and then my internship ended, school started back up and that combined with work just about took all of the energy I had. Now, I'm upset with myself of course, but today was my wakeup call that I need to get back on track. Nothing can change and no weight will be lost until I personally make that effort! Anyway, if anyone else has about the same about of weight to lose, I'd love to motivate each other as much as possible!

Have a great evening :)

jayohwhy 10-19-2011 11:43 PM

hi! i have 10 more lbs than you to lose, but we have the same goal and are around the same height! i'm using a website/phone app called myfitnesspal to track my calories and exercise. it has a social networking aspect to it which makes me more fun.

elizabethyellow 10-19-2011 11:45 PM

Hmm I will have to check that out! I think I have used it a few times to check calories on the rare occasion... what exercise are you doing? I haven't decided on a real way to go yet; right now just focusing on correcting my diet.

jayohwhy 10-19-2011 11:49 PM

i started running a few months ago-- i started with a couch to 5k type schedule but not exactly c25k.

i finished it and signed up for a 10k in and a half marathon. now, i am running 3-4 times a week on a training schedule for the 10k. after my 10k on 10/30 i'll do the second half of the training schedule to train for the half marathon.

for me, it was about something that i liked to do. i've tried all types of working out and i did them to lose weight but i didnt really enjoy them/they werent for me. for some reason, running is for me.

i also have an xbox with kinect and play some of their fitness/dance games on my off days to get some activity

elizabethyellow 10-19-2011 11:51 PM

Wow, great to hear! I like your advice of finding something that works for me- looks like there's about to be a lot of trial and error out there :) Thank you for joining the fight with me!!

jayohwhy 10-19-2011 11:54 PM

it's my pleasure. i'm excited to find someone relatively close to my starting point/goal/height!

gnat7 10-20-2011 10:34 AM

I have a goal of losing 50lbs. I'd like to lose at least 20lbs by Christmas time.
I just started the TurboFire dvds which is a 90 day (20 week) program. I'm definitely excited about it!

I know what you mean about putting weight loss off because of hectic schedules. So check in with us and we'll keep each other accountable! I know you can do it!

elizabethyellow 10-20-2011 10:15 PM

Thank you! You can do it too! :)

sontaikle 10-21-2011 05:40 AM

You can do it! :carrot:

Hey I'm the same height as you, also with around 20ish to lose :) I've lost 54 so far.

I respect anyone who is losing weight while in school! I don't know if I could have done it! I started up again in May, just as I was finishing my Master's in Education. Right now I'm teaching full time, but honestly I don't think it's anywhere near as stressful as going to school full time.

ahyessophie 10-21-2011 09:47 AM

Hey! Your story sounds just like mine... Joined this summer, lost 15 lbs and have stalled since classes started again. I've got about 25 lbs to go til goal and I have to be there by spring! But this crazy school schedule, late nights at the library etc is making it really tough.

elizabethyellow 10-22-2011 11:47 AM

Trying to eat healthy while in school is quite possibly the hardest feat I've ever attempted :| However, on top of school I'm also full-time student teaching... cue panic attack! I'm so glad I have the support of this community though, that's probably what's going to be my biggest motivating factor.

jayohwhy 10-22-2011 12:37 PM

Oh no! I know what thats like. I full time intern taught while i was finishing my credential with ft classes. It sucked! But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We're here for you!

sontaikle 10-22-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elizabethyellow (Post 4080918)
Trying to eat healthy while in school is quite possibly the hardest feat I've ever attempted :| However, on top of school I'm also full-time student teaching... cue panic attack! I'm so glad I have the support of this community though, that's probably what's going to be my biggest motivating factor.

I know what you're going through. I went though it last semester. If you need any help, drop me a PM. Student teaching is tough.

There is a light at the end of tunnel! It's all worth it at the end! I'm teaching full time now and I don't regret making this decision :)

rubyred7 10-22-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elizabethyellow (Post 4080918)

Greek yogurt has recently become my new bff, it's high in protein(around 14grams depending on the variety) and usually ranges from 140-180 calories, have that with a banana or granola and you should be good to go for a while. Make sure you eat breakfast, I know that I always make healthlier food choices when I am not starving from not eating breakfast.

jackiedavis87 10-24-2011 07:25 AM

i have about 40 pounds total to lose but i have a 20 pound goal by christmas! i reacently got a job and i'm going to school so i'm exhausted all the time but i'm learning that exhaustion is no excuse to be lazy lol. jillien here i come!