Old 10-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 203/147.8/135

Height: 5'4''

For me goal means lots of different things.

-Being at 135 which I honestly can't remember being this weight as an adult or teenager.
-Wearing a bikini
-Wearing a size 6 at most!
-Being able to do at least 1 pull-up. (Never been able to thus far!)
-Being able to run without it hurting for days. Being overweight has taken a toll on my knees and it still hurts to run. I hope to work up to this though!
-Lastly, feeling good about taking photos. I've lost over 40 lbs and I still cover my stomach with my arm when I take a photo!
Sunshinenmysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 271/254/150

What goal means to me....

1.) Walking out my front door in the morning (into a major city street, btw) feeling confident and beautiful

2.) Thinking about food when I'm hungry as opposed to every second of the day

3.) Going out to see my friends and explore my amazing city instead of making excuses to hole up in my apartment all weekend

4.) Feeling more competent in my career (it's much easier to help others when you are able to help yourself)

5.) Feeling more deserving of my amazing boyfriend...and maybe getting the occasional glance from cute strangers

There's probably a million more but these stand out above all else..
alliesarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:48 PM   #18  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiannaKole View Post
--I can be lifted with relative ease. I've always wanted this. I also worry that if I ever collapsed or got injured on a hike or something, who would be able to carry me if needed? (I'm not obese, but I am overweight).
This this this! My entire life I've been taller than average and for much of it I've also been fatter than average. I can't wait to be at a weight where a guy (or maybe even a girl) could pick me up. I don't like to be helped up when I fall and I certainly don't want anyone to pick me up or try to carry me piggy-back. I also like the idea of being able to sit on a guy's lap without worrying about crushing him.
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:11 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

This is great. I love that a lot of people have listed the stuff I want too. Here are the things that motivate me...
-I want my boyfriend to be able to lift me easily
-I want to choose clothes based on whether or not I like them, NOT whether or not I think I look passable in them.
-I want to be physically fit and healthy. Blood pressure/pulse-wise I've always been healthy, but it took a lot of work for me to be able to run a 5K easily. Working on a 10K!
-I want to feel good about how I look. I don't want to look in the mirror and want to cry.
-I really, really, really want to wear a bikini.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
S/C/G: 230/194/145
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #20  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I spent about a year at my goal weight (125-ish, but anywhere from 125-130) and believe me, when you get there, you KNOW and it's great. I'm not too high above that now, I was 134.2 yesterday morning, but there is a very distinct difference in my body, my face, how my clothes fit, etc right at 129.9lbs. When I wake up in the morning, I can't tell the difference between anything around 125-129.9 and everything above 130 feels flubbery to me...but I KNOW when I wake up if I'm on the good side or the bad side of 130lbs. It's just a very distinct difference.

I started the weight loss process with a goal weight of 150lbs. I had never ever been thin, and couldn't remember being 150lbs since 5th grade. It seemed awfully tiny and far away. But as I got closer, I realized that while I had made a major improvement to my body, I wasn't anywhere near done. So I bumped down to 145lbs. Then 140lbs. Etc. I just had no idea what my body would be like at smaller and smaller weights, but I figured that if I had come that far, I might as well not quit until I was completely satisfied.

I was pretty much over the moon with myself when I was in the 130's. I figured I'd switch into maintenance mode. I still had a bit of a poochy tummy and my face never seemed to slim down, but it was so much better than what I had been, I finally felt like it was good enough. So in the transition to maintenance, I floated down a few more pounds. One morning I finally hit 129. And let me tell you, practically overnight my body had gone from "way better than it was" to "holy cow, this is the body I've always wanted!!!" My face had slimmed down, my tummy was flat, I was lean and light and didn't have to suck it in. I just sat there staring at myself in the mirror thinking "I did it, I got to goal."

My point to all this (and I know it wasn't really the point of the thread...sorry) is you will KNOW when you get to goal. It may be higher or lower than what you originally planned.

I'm not far away from getting back to goal/maintenance. And I can't wait to be there again. I was so comfortable in my own skin, and for the first time in my life, I loved admiring my body.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:19 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 185/???/130

Height: 5'3"

@mkendrick- what you say is soooo true! I can't wait to have that feeling!

Hmm..

My goal looks like...
~Being a healthy BMI for my height
~Having ankles in which you can see the indent between the tendon and actual bone (right now they don't look that bad but there is nooo indent)
~Being able to wear a Bikini (without any type of cover up)
~Having NO muffin top
~Eating vegetables without making a face
~Feeling happy or even just content when I look in the mirror
MaryTylerMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #22  
Gaining control

S/C/G: 148/131/120

Height: 5'2

Goal looks like for me:

1. Feeling and looking healthy
2. I would like to look "fit"
3. Fitting into my pregnancy size 3's (so far away, right now between a 7 and a 9)
4. Having a flat midsection, possibly even some abs
5. Finally, last goal of all and most ultimate goal...compete in a large federation bikini competition.
mamamorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130

Height: 5 foot

Oh wow....I have a few....
* being able to horseback ride or zipline on our next cruise (in August) when we couldn't on our honeymoon because we weighed too much
* not feeling like I'm squishing my husband when I sit on his lap
* calling a Dr and being able to have insurance pay for a reduction because I'm 5 foot tall and wear a G bra (they won't pay now because my BMI is too high...they assume if I lose weight I'll loose them too....I won't)
* being able to buy a single digit jean size....first time since high....maybe middle school (I'm 28 and graduated at 17)
* not feeling like I have to wear shorts with my swimsuit
KatRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #24  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkendrick View Post
I spent about a year at my goal weight (125-ish, but anywhere from 125-130) and believe me, when you get there, you KNOW and it's great. I'm not too high above that now, I was 134.2 yesterday morning, but there is a very distinct difference in my body, my face, how my clothes fit, etc right at 129.9lbs. When I wake up in the morning, I can't tell the difference between anything around 125-129.9 and everything above 130 feels flubbery to me...but I KNOW when I wake up if I'm on the good side or the bad side of 130lbs. It's just a very distinct difference.

I started the weight loss process with a goal weight of 150lbs. I had never ever been thin, and couldn't remember being 150lbs since 5th grade. It seemed awfully tiny and far away. But as I got closer, I realized that while I had made a major improvement to my body, I wasn't anywhere near done. So I bumped down to 145lbs. Then 140lbs. Etc. I just had no idea what my body would be like at smaller and smaller weights, but I figured that if I had come that far, I might as well not quit until I was completely satisfied.

I was pretty much over the moon with myself when I was in the 130's. I figured I'd switch into maintenance mode. I still had a bit of a poochy tummy and my face never seemed to slim down, but it was so much better than what I had been, I finally felt like it was good enough. So in the transition to maintenance, I floated down a few more pounds. One morning I finally hit 129. And let me tell you, practically overnight my body had gone from "way better than it was" to "holy cow, this is the body I've always wanted!!!" My face had slimmed down, my tummy was flat, I was lean and light and didn't have to suck it in. I just sat there staring at myself in the mirror thinking "I did it, I got to goal."
My point to all this (and I know it wasn't really the point of the thread...sorry) is you will KNOW when you get to goal. It may be higher or lower than what you originally planned.

I'm not far away from getting back to goal/maintenance. And I can't wait to be there again. I was so comfortable in my own skin, and for the first time in my life, I loved admiring my body.
^^^ THIS!!! Exactly.
Goal is ....
~Spending less time worrying about how I look... just knowing that I look good because I've already put in the effort.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 211/194/140

Height: 5'4"

Being able to wear the "Bacon is sexy" t-shirt I found and have people see that you really can get a sexy body while eating fat and meat and little else.
Raven132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

right now a goal to me is about being healthy ... (most important)
then it should be about feeling healthy....
afterall that then it should be about looks. (granted not everyone will agree with this but id rather be healthy then look good. ur looking good will come in time)
thats just me tho .... im doing it for health reasons.... i want to live to be old and wrinkly
candice1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

I'm not sure I know what goal looks like!! My lowest weight as an adult (at 18) was 132 pounds. I was a size 3 juniors (and I'd kill to be that small again!!) but I honestly can say I could of stood to lose another 10-15 pounds from that weight. Completely unknown territory for me!

But what I would like?
Looking great in regular ol' jeans and a teeshirt!! No bumps, No Rolls, no back fat!!
Think Sookie Stackhouse in True Blood Her body is perfect-- that's what my dream goal would be!!
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #28  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

No more armpit fats or migrated breast tissue
No more rubbing thighs
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

For people to just assume I've always been thin--because its been true for so long.

To confidently go shopping with people, without having to hide sizes and pretend not to like things because it doesn't come in my size.

To have healthy food and exercise just be a part of my life, instead of something I feel consumed with
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #30  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

I really want to wear cute tiny summer clothes and not feel awkward. I feel fine in colder weather clothes that cover me up nicely, but I still feel like Shamu in shorts. Not worrying about backfat rolls popping out of tanks will be nice.

I also want to wear those cute yoga tights (like these) when I run and not look like an upside down lollipop.

Not holding my flab when I get waxed would be pretty spectacular too come to think of it...
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote