Old 10-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #16  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

OP, I have the same problem with getting really hungry in the evenings/nights.

I've found that I have to cut myself off at a certain time (I do ~8-8:30pm, because when it gets too late I lose willpower). I get into the habit that, "Nope, it's after 8. I can eat tomorrow." It helps.

I also can't "threaten" myself to stop eating too much at night. Doesn't work. Makes it worse.

So, I eat 3 bigger meals a day, and rarely snack. I'm usually not hungry until about 12-1pm, and then I eat a strategically filling meal that I enjoy. That tides me over until about 5:30 or 6pm. Then I have a second meal of similar caloric content.

Then at 7:30-7:45, I make my last meal of the day. This one is almost always snacky. I love sweets, so it's a sweet meal. Helps keep me on track. I can have WHATEVER I want, so long as it fits the calories (usually about 300 or so).

By having my last two meals really close together, this fills me up so much that I seriously can't eat any more at night. And I make the meals as big as I need depending on my hunger (lower calorie foods, more volume; vice versa).

It's seriously about strategy. In your case, I'd also prepare meals at some earlier time so you can get home, pop it in the microwave or what have you, and then just eat.

Good luck!
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #17  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Oh, I also drink a lot of water and iced green tea with a splash of lemon. The tea really helps curb my appetite. It has flavor and more substance than water, for me. Maybe carry around a big bottle of it? I drink about 3 tea bags worth of tea on an average day.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 184/182/130

Height: 5'3"

I am the same way! I am fine during the day, but at night I jump off the proverbial cliff.

I have beern doing a couple of things lately though that seem to be helping.

1. Like others have said, I chew gum and a lot of it to make it past the cravings.

2. I go for a run. Usually that keeps me from being hungry. If I can't run then I just busy myself doing other things.

3. I drink hot cider. It has 80 calories and cures my sweet cravings plus the liquid fills me up.
katiebelleh413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:16 PM   #19  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

When my husband reaches for the potato chips and chomps them by my ear, I go get my SF jello. A box makes three of my little containers. So it's like 1/3 of the box. Extreme lot cal, and no sugar. Very helpful for me!
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #20  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Can you absolutely stuff yourself with herbal tea? You'll be up all night peeing but it satisfies the need to be tasting/swallowing something.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyford View Post
Paint your nails!! Can't eat when your nails are wet!
Okay, I love this. I'm going to have to buy some more nail polish right now!

Honestly, the only way for me to not eat at night is to have nothing to eat. :/ I can't keep snacks around. Or, I have lots of apples and carrots available. I love those and they're safe to snack on.
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #22  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i do that too... paint my nails to avoid food

i get the cheapy dollar store nail polish because i change the color so often heh.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 291/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 4"

I just brush my teeth. I can't stand eating anything for at least 2 hours after I brush my teeth and the mint flavor of the toothpaste tends to help my stomach from feeling hungry when it isn't.
Shellbellster is offline   Reply With Quote