Old 10-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 161/145/136

Height: 5'8"

Hi guys,
So I lost another pound this week for the challenge I’m a part of. Not a huge loss, but I’ll take it! Another kind of embarrassing aside – I took my measurements for the first time in a while yesterday, and it was pretty crazy that my waist is 25 inches, and MY THIGHS are 24 inches! Yikes. There are some very embarrassing things about having hips sometimes! Another good thing, I’m finally back to a 34C or preferably a 32D (but good luck finding that size!) bra. I hated when all my bras were just a little too tight. I do not believe in rocking the quad boobs look!

Went out for Tibetan food with the S.O. tonight – so delicious! And I love going out for spicy food because I am much less likely to over eat it (and he likes his food very spicy!)

Jamie – congrats on resisting all that yummy yummy temptation!

I totally know what you mean about unwanted attention. I’ve never been above a normal bmi technically, and I’m blonde and American, and it seems like sometimes that combination makes people think that I will enjoy their obnoxious, juvenile cat calling. I have spent a lot of time outside the US in my life, and I have actually chased men down streets before (in Egypt and Guatemala especially!) wielding my pepper spray after they grab my a** or boobs, or whatever else they seem to feel like putting their paws all over. Ugh. I seriously don’t understand what they are hoping to get out of their pathetic efforts….

Rie – YAY on the 168. Work it (and by it I mean insanity) girl! I know stalling is hard, but the fresh commitment that comes with breaking a stall – amazing! So carry on your merry way, my dear!

Alex – The mock duck I use is 100% gluten, and totally delicious, I highly recommend if you’re ever looking for a meat substitute.

Your job situation sounds like quite the predicament. Sometimes I hate having to make adult choices – ugh the pressure! So many things to weight (besides ourselves!): how long term is the position with your friend’s dad? How much do you need money (i.e. can you afford (afford can also be more broadly applied – what can you afford emotionally, socially, fiscally etc.) to be picky)? How much of a stretch are both of the positions from what you ultimately want to be doing? Bummer on the commute – I have always managed to avoid long commutes as I live in the city and work in a suburb, so I always get to feel bad (or stick my tongue out at depending on my mood) the poor people inching along the opposite way on the highway. Good luck with your decision – let us know what happens.

Ferumbras – Welcome back!
nonniebeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Man, I'm so out of the loop right now. This month has been a complete standstill. School is keeping me so busy. I have gotten in one workout this week. I could have went this morning, but the muscle in the top of my foot was hurting really badly yesterday and I didn't want to stress it so I just didn't work out this morning. I'm sorry for not getting to personals, but I wanted to let everyone know that I'm still around and I hope to catch up soon!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:03 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello Ladies!!! Happy Halloween!!

It has been a few days since I posted because I have been really busy trying to keep up with workouts and school and all that... I have some news though... I did not make my Halloween goal of losing 5 lbs, I lost 3 (which I will still celebrate!). I think I set my goal a bit too high for the amount of time I left for myself to lose it, I mean, 5 lbs in two weeks is not enough. But that is fine. I think I will reset my goal to hit 145 by Thanksgiving, so that is 4 lbs in about 3.5 weeks. That is 1-1.5 lbs a week. That seems doable. So let's see Must keep working!

Other than that, my Halloween was uneventful. I hope you all spent your holiday better than I did ... Other than that, I was pretty good with my diet, I exercised really well on Saturday and Sunday, and I plan on getting a good one in today. I re-took my measurements, finally, I haven't remeasured since June, and I lost around 4 inches on my waist and 3 on my hips, so that made me really happy ...

~~~
Rie- It is disgusting attention right? Instead of ignoring it I feel like I should use it for fuel when I am working out so I can picture myself kicking those guys butts!
I hope that you are able to get back into the insanity! Today is the last day of October, you are right, let's finish it well and lead into November on a high note...

Alexis- How is the job decision going? I hope that it all works out... I hate having allergies so that alone would probably convince me to go!

Nonnie- You inspired me to go take my measurements! Thanks, I was pleasantly surprised... I also hate having hips... ugh, my stomach has lost weight 10 times faster than my hips and thighs and it is super frustrating...

You are right about those harassing guys, what do they think they are getting out of yelling at a girl... I don't get it. Idiots.

Btw, Tibetian food?? That sounds amazing! I have never had it before but now I want it!

Shauna- Hey I am sorry to hear that school is getting you stuck, and even more so about the muscle in your foot hurting. It really stinks when all the bad things seem to come at once like mid-terms and injuries... keep pushing though, you will make it!

~~~
Enjoy your Monday and I look forward to hearing from you all very soon !!
Jamie1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:04 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Oh and Nonnie! Good job on that pound! Every pound counts!!
Jamie1985 is offline   Reply With Quote