Old 09-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #1  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default I said no!

I have been craving ice cream alllllll day!!! We just finished a late dinner (pizza, and I only had one small piece because it was already late) and my husband came out with a HUGE bowl of ice cream and chocolate syrup. ugh. I had three SMALL bites of it. Then I said no no I can't have anymore. and My husband looked at me a little shocked.. and said I'm happy for you babe! ugh what a great feeling.. (though those three bites were SO good) How do you guys get past that feeling? How do you say no?
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I just focus on how GOOD I will feel after I refuse!

Now let me tell you, I'm still trying to make "no" a regular part of my vocabulary when it comes to food. But the times I do say no I realize that being strong and refusing food I don't need feels SO much better than giving in and eating it.

Like yesterday, I walk into the kitchen at work only to see a HUGE vanilla butter cream sheet cake COVERED in delicious rainbow frosting. I literally froze in my tracks. The thing looked so good. I had a moment of "OMG I have to have some." But for some reason I stopped myself, whipped out my phone, took a picture of it and sent it to my boyfriend with a message saying "Do you know how bad I wanted to shove this in my face? But I didn't!" and I just walked right out of the kitchen. I felt so proud of myself! I had a moment of "Dang, go me!" and I got a long, supportive, congratulatory text back from my boyfriend. (He knows how hard it is for me to say no to foods like that.)

Saying no to that cake just felt so good! Now, Im not saying I'll NEVER have cake. Constant deprivation will not yield success for me. My 20th birthday is coming up in two weeks and I DEFINITELY plan on having some cake then! I'm just saying how good it feels to be in control of those compulsive urges.
whatupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #3  

Height: 5'11

My willpower has been tested and tested.....and tested the last 3 years, and eventually you just learn to know what you can and can't get away within your days calorie limit, regardless of saying no. Do I steal bites of ice cream from my bf all the time? Of course. Do I steal a french fry off someones plate when I ordered a salad instead? Guilty. You just have learn to live with your choices/mistakes, and move on.

As far as the feeling. I have yet to get over it. I'm tired of being pointed out in a group because "She won't eat that. It's fried" or "They don't have anything low calorie for HER" blah blah...you just have to learn to deal with it, and sometimes give in but make up for it later.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #4  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

Good for you! I'm not much of an ice cream eater (except when I was pregnant I ate about 5 drumsticks a day) but I saw the Skinny Cow ice cream today and it kept calling my name. I gave in and bought it (though, expensive) and it tasted sooooooo good.
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:51 AM   #5  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Thats awesome! Congrats. I love feeling in control of my eating
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:39 AM   #6  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

My Mother is getting a bit awful at trying to feed me treats now that I'm losing weight. Whenever she goes shopping she asks 3 things: "Do you need anything?" "Are you sure?" and then finally "Any treats?" I always say no to that last question, but I'm sure if I said "Yeah, could you get me some coke, chocolate and some Sensations that'd be great." (Sensations are a huge back of crisps that are my absolute downfall in terms of snacking) she probably would get it all.

Coke is a huge weakness of mine too, and she bought coke cans for my Dad's lunch...they were sat in the fridge for so long looking so tempting but I said no!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #7  
Keep on Keep'in on

Oh gosh pop is so hard for me to say no too! I've been a dr addict for MANY years and I just cant stop. well, until lately.. I have been cutting WAY back on it and even choosing diet over it some times. (not easy) And this week I'm trying to save all of my "drinking calories" until Saturday because I'm going out on the town with my three best friends. and I'm having Such bad headaches from withdraw. NOT okay.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #8  
Keep on Keep'in on

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatupton View Post
I just focus on how GOOD I will feel after I refuse!

Now let me tell you, I'm still trying to make "no" a regular part of my vocabulary when it comes to food. But the times I do say no I realize that being strong and refusing food I don't need feels SO much better than giving in and eating it.

Like yesterday, I walk into the kitchen at work only to see a HUGE vanilla butter cream sheet cake COVERED in delicious rainbow frosting. I literally froze in my tracks. The thing looked so good. I had a moment of "OMG I have to have some." But for some reason I stopped myself, whipped out my phone, took a picture of it and sent it to my boyfriend with a message saying "Do you know how bad I wanted to shove this in my face? But I didn't!" and I just walked right out of the kitchen. I felt so proud of myself! I had a moment of "Dang, go me!" and I got a long, supportive, congratulatory text back from my boyfriend. (He knows how hard it is for me to say no to foods like that.)

Saying no to that cake just felt so good! Now, Im not saying I'll NEVER have cake. Constant deprivation will not yield success for me. My 20th birthday is coming up in two weeks and I DEFINITELY plan on having some cake then! I'm just saying how good it feels to be in control of those compulsive urges.
INDULGE! BIRTHDAY CAKE IS SO GOOD mmmmm. My birthday was just last week and I love love love birthday cake. And my Mother in law runs a cake business. NOT cool haha but I'm proud of you for saying no and saving your cake craving for your birthday!