Old 09-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #1  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

Question why is weight so easy to gain but hard to lose?

ugggh.. i was at 157 for my wedding 10 months ago, and since them have gained a honeymoon 15 lbs. it just came out of nowhere and even with ww and running its not coming off as fast as it came on! uggggggh. its so annoying!

i know slow and steady wins the race and that little losses add up over time, but i want to be hot already. sadly, my lack of self esteem has affected my sex drive which in turn punishes my husband because i dont like the way i look, i'm not in the mood. :[
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/162/140

Height: 5'7"

Because constantly eating is so much easier than constantly working out. Sometimes when you don't count calories, you would be amazed at what you put into your mouth. And...every minute of exercise can feel like decades at the beginning of your regiment. That's just what I think...
MustardFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #3  
dgaf.<3

S/C/G: 293/246/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardFan View Post
Because constantly eating is so much easier than constantly working out. Sometimes when you don't count calories, you would be amazed at what you put into your mouth. And...every minute of exercise can feel like decades at the beginning of your regiment. That's just what I think...
This is so very true! Before i started watching what I ate, my stomach was insatiable. I would eat and eat and eat. It wasn't easy to begin with, but now that I've started being more observant of labels and totals, It's hard to stop. I feel bad if I don't know the nutrition info for something I've just put in my mouth.
Luckily, now that I eat about 5-6 meals a day, I am okay with the very small portions I give myself. It's easier because now my stomach has shrunk back to normal size and even when I feel a bit unsatisfied, I just tell myself, "It's okay hun, you'll get to eat again pretty soon!" Then I guzzle some agua and smile as I push myself away from the table. Fake it 'til you make it!
MissValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #4  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

jayohwhy,

Stinks, doesn't it? Just stay persistent, you can do this! Look how far you've come. A little backslide happens from time to time, but you got this!!!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

I feel your frustration I wish it was the total opposite though lol!
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:45 AM   #6  

Height: 5'9

I've heard it's an evolutionary thing, kind of the same reason why our metabolism stalls if you go on a starvation diet. Particularly for women- our body wants some fat so we have energy to have babies and can have menstrual cycles.

...my body's just a little overzealous about it

But in all seriousness, I think mustardfan has the right idea. Particularly if you've built up certain habits (such as mindless snacking, overeating, etc.) over others (like working out everyday).
OneStepAtATime is offline   Reply With Quote