3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Mini-Goal Rewards!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/243444-mini-goal-rewards.html)

cmwelp 09-20-2011 12:18 AM

Mini-Goal Rewards!!

Hi all!

I'm trying to find a way to motivate myself to lose the remaining 22 pounds until my goal weight! I thought it might be a good idea to reward myself every 2-3 pounds lost with some sort of non-indulgent food item!

However, many of the rewards I can think of are more expensive treats that I want to hold off buying until I meet my goal (new clothes, a new bike, etc.)

I was wondering if you guys had a similar reward system, and if so, what little treats do you give yourself to stay motivated??:dizzy:

Andynoo 09-20-2011 12:22 AM

when i reach my first goal of 209lbs, my house mate and i are going to have dinner at our favourite chinese restaurant... cant hv it now because it is way to unhealthy while trying to shed the kilos/lbs... so keeping it as an incentive

jayohwhy 09-20-2011 12:28 AM

The one thing that has been helping me is having fitness based goals too. It makes feel like ive accomplished something regardless of what the scale says. As everyone knows by now, for me, its every time i run i fee proud of how far ive come fitness wise.

This past weekend, i bought myself a coach keychain and an xbox 360 with connect as a reward for two months of running.

My big reward for getting to goal is going to be finally getting my tattoo. Until then, ive been holding off on buying new clothes until i get closer to goal. Maybe at halfway ill reward myself with a new outfit.

Riestrella 09-20-2011 06:16 AM

My ultimate reward is going to be a shopping spree! I might be near my goal in February when I'm in America, so I'll no doubt have one then. I've found I really want some clothes now, so I buy them but make sure if I really like them they fit a bit tight so I can fit into them properly one day!

I'm also the same as Jay, I want to get tattooed when I've lost all the weight. I've got a few tattoos in mind, so I'm not sure which one I'll get first!

170starting 09-20-2011 06:50 AM

I have bought perfume, make-up, manicures, pedicures, and hair-cuts for my mini-goals. My goal wait will yield a $300.00 shopping spree. :D

DivineFidelity 09-20-2011 08:26 AM

I've been saving between $10 and $20 for every pound I lose...and so in the end I'll have between $1000 and $2000 to reward myself with. I'll be getting an entirely new wardrobe (like shoes, purses, everything...not just clothes), and then hopefully I'll be able to afford the tattoo I want as well.

For mini goals though....I don't really do much. If I'm feeling particularly skinny I'll go get a haircut or go get my nails done or something....if I can afford it. lol

sabri711 09-20-2011 02:25 PM

I have mini goals at every 15 lb, splitting my weight loss into 4 mini goals (the last one being 20lb), at the end of which I am going on a shopping spree... It is a little useless however, since I dont really remember what my mid goals are... hahaha one I know was a nice necklace that I can wear daily to remind me of my efforts.. but that might not re realistic as my new puppy is always trying to eat my current necklace. and the one that I am coming up on now (not really.. im still 10lb away but the next one) I dont remember what it was, so I might just go for a massage or something.

Ryler832 09-20-2011 03:34 PM

When I met my 1st mini goal I bought myself a new outfit and got a massage. I rewarded myself with 2 dresses and a pair of heels when I met my 2nd mini goal. You can reward yourself in any way. For example, pedicure, massages, facials, shoes, etc. Those are alternatives if you don't want to purchase clothes yet.