3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   ~~*September (the rest of!) Chat!*~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/243340-%7E%7E%2Aseptember-rest-chat-%2A%7E%7E.html)

Riestrella 09-18-2011 07:42 PM

~~*September (the rest of!) Chat!*~~

Hi ladies! Figured I would make a thread for the rest of September instead of making one every week.

I START INSANITY TODAY! Well, it's Monday NOW, but I need to sleep since it's past midnight and THEN it's Insanity =p. Can't wait!

I also lost TWO POUNDS this week! Yay! =D

Andrbeck 09-18-2011 07:48 PM

I've heard good things about insanity but I heard its really expensive too. Good luck! can't wait to hear about your results!

Riestrella 09-19-2011 05:54 AM

That's why you acquire it another way that's much much cheaper *cough*free*cough* >_>

my2cats 09-19-2011 08:25 AM

:lol:

munstermommy 09-19-2011 10:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey Ladies!

Alrighty I am in between workouts right now, eating some breakfast with DD and DS. Did Insanity Max Interval Circuit at 5:45am...OMG I forgot how much harder the Max workouts are LOL!!!!!!! It's great though, I feel AMAZING now I have great energy for the day, so DS, DD, and I will hit the gym here soon :). I am hoping to lose 8 lbs or more in this last month of Insanity Round 2 :D. I don't weigh in until Thursday for the 12 week challenge so I am going to resist temptation to cheat weigh and make sure that I stay off the scale lol! Hope you ladies are doing great, and let's make the rest of this month awesome and kick lb butt!!!!!!!!!!!

Rie
-GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO EXCITED that someone in the chats will be going through the same torture as I have been subjecting myself to the last 2.5 months lol! It is amazing and you will feel so accomplished after you finish. Oh I can't wait to see your results! I am going to post my pic from 2 days ago, I think there is a good difference from when I started for sure. You WILL DO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just DIG DEEPER YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!

Andrbeck
-It is AMAZING and like Rie said, it isn't expensive, say, if you know someone who has "access" to it lol!!!!!!!

Okay ladies, time to hit the gym for workout #2. Hope that we have a great rest of the month and let's just get crazy!!!!!! PS-pics from Day 1 Round1 and Week 3 Round 2 of Insanity at the bottom :D.

Riestrella 09-19-2011 10:54 AM

So today marks the day I started INSANITEEHHH. I nearly puked, haha. It was the fit test today, so it was doing certain moves for 1 minute and counting how many you could do. They all SUCKED! I'm not good at plyometric moves, something my BF loves to tease me about (he makes me jump and then laughs at how little I get off the floor ;_; ) so I really struggled! But I got through it, I really don't know if I will see an improvement but hey ho - we'll see! Going to do a long a$$ shift at work now; all standing up and walking around - I think I'm going to sleep well tonight!

munster - HOLY MOLY YOU LOOK SO GOOD. Seriously girl, that stomach is flat as a pancake! You're such a huge inspiration to me, especially seeing your last set of pictures I just thought "Yup, I'm definitely going to do Insanity now!" I do feel really accomplished even after the fit test, and there was plenty of resting!! Tomorrow is going to destroy me. Do you have your fit test 1 results? Would love to compare them with you! As I mentioned, I really struggled with some of them, so you probably whooped my behind!

MandeLea 09-19-2011 12:55 PM

Hey ladies. I'm just a quick in and out, on my way to work.

I was thinking about what Rie said, so I checked out the videos, and I don't think even my physician would recommend it, lol. So instead, I've put together a HIIT that fits body (for now) and wow did it kick my butt this morning. I'll share later today more about it.

Happy exercising today!

munstermommy 09-19-2011 01:12 PM

Rie-DO NOT FEEL BAD ABOUT THE FIRST FIT TEST KICKING YOUR A$$! It is freakin hard, especially the first one. I swear I thought I was going to sweat through the floor that first Monday lol. My first fit test results were:

Switch Kicks: 54
Power Jacks: 50
Power Knees:71
Power Jumps: 31
Globe Jumps:8
Suicide Jumps (burpees):13
Push Up Jacks:18
Low Plank Oblique:51

I don't know if that helps, and I have no idea how good those numbers are, but I am sure they are about dead average (from looking on other beachbody boards) but man I swear I was ready to die after I did that whole thing haha! You will get better I promise, the next one you will push harder so it will still suck, but your numbers will be much better :D. OMG SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D. I LOVE IT MAX INTERVAL TODAY KICKED ITS A$$!!!!!!!!

Mande
-Good for you for finding something that you like and that kicks your butt! You will work your way through it and then keep pushing in new exercise regimens. Exercise is so great for your self esteem and to kick your metabolism into high gear. Keep pushing, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Worked out at the gym for 1.5 hours after Insanity training a friend of mine so burned some SERIOUS cals today girls! Lemme see those 140s next week baby!!!!!!! Let's do it girls, we can KILL it this week!

Riestrella 09-19-2011 07:12 PM

mande - Definitely do something that works for you!

munster - Thanks for sharing! Here are mine:

Switch Kicks: 46
Power Jacks: 39
Power Knees: 60
Power Jumps: 22
Globe Jumps: 6
Suicide Jumps: 7
Push Up Jacks: 16
Low Plank Oblique 36

You did better than me, but not surprising since I suck at jumping! But I wasn't toooo far off you so I don't feel badly about it ;p. Thanks for your support, will check in and tell you how tomorrows session goes! Plyometric Cardio Circuit, whoop whoop!

munstermommy 09-19-2011 07:15 PM

Go Rie! See? I am pretty sure unless you are already crazy that those numbers are right around where everyone starts! YAY!!!!!!!!! Plyo Cardio Circuit is a good one! Get ready to sweat your a$$ off lol! Do it girl, I will let you know how Max Workout #2 goes tomorrow ahhhhh! HAHAHAHA! I LOVE IT! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.

sgregg 09-19-2011 10:00 PM

Rie & Munster - have fun doing Insanity....I definitely will NOT be joining you two. HAHAHA!! I'll just stick to my C25K for now. ;)

About C25K...I'm only able to do 2 days a week at the gym right now. I told myself that I would go on Sundays, but it hasn't happened the last 2 weekends, so I'm going to say that it just isn't going to happen...**sigh**. Oh well, 2 days are better than 1. I am going to do my 3rd day of Week 2 tomorrow. I'm hoping the big gap in days isn't going to affect me.

Gosh, I'm so busy and have so much work to do. I gotta go...bedtime. Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!

hotHealthy4life 09-20-2011 09:56 AM

Rie way to go! I bet you'll lose loads while doing Insanity, that Shaun T is mean! But you're doing great on that plan already (just checked out your 90 day exercise challenge post)Congrats on steady loss!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riestrella (Post 4038163)
That's why you acquire it another way that's much much cheaper *cough*free*cough* >_>

Heheh...well, in my country,given that even PayPal is unavailable, all get all my videos that way. If it's not forbiden to share links here,I suggest you all to look up at bolt.org forum they have the biggest download catalog I've found online. PM me for the direct link if anybody wants it :)

Hey MMommy, I can just say WOW! You look great woman! I'm wondering what's your ultimate goal, not weight-related, but how you wanna look?

Oooh, you two make me jealous! Now I can't wait to start torturing myself with Insanity! But it'll have to wait, right now I think I'll drop dead 5mins into fit test..but I'll get there!

-
I'll come to share more tonight but I can tell you one thing: I'm back, I'm on track and will be here daily!

luposlipaphobia87 09-20-2011 10:13 AM

Hello everyone!

I am back after an extended break due to school and an injury. I didn't gain back the weight I lost (yay) and I'm ready to loose more. I had more time to contemplate my personal relationship with food and I think the food/luposlipaphobia relationship needs some work. I sneak food (mostly food I think is bad for me) and eat it in secret and when I'm not really hungry.

I think a lot of this is caused by stress. I am in the last year of my Master's degree program and am balancing work, school, and internship.

I would definitely like advice on this topic.

hotHealthy4life I would totally like the link. I'm looking into changing up my exercise program so I don't get bored.

Rie & Munster Is Insanity a video workout program? Is it mainly cardio or strength based too?

librarygirl111 09-20-2011 10:34 AM

balance

Hi luposlipaphobia87,

I too, am balancing work, life, getting a master's degree, and dieting too! For me, it is hard to balance it all out. I think that having friends who support what you are doing is important. With my life, it's impossible to make all the commitments I need to. I have shave off the fat, and only focus on the people who mean the most to me, my family and close friends.

I do try to get around to meet new people, but these relationships stay pretty limited.

Getting a Master's degree when the economy is so bad is scary. My husband is currently in school, and I have been supporting him while he goes to school full time, and I only go to school part-time. Naturally, this is an incredibly stressful position to be in.

I definately use food to cope with situations, and I probably abuse alcohol and drugs more than I should, but I am just so stressed out with school and everything.

I've decided to stop drinking completely for a while. This has been positive for me. I try to focus all of my anger into working out, to be honest, and guess what, I just finished my second half marathon this last Sunday.

I do suggest running to try and cope with things, especially if you live in a beautiful area. (I live in New Mexico, it's gorgeous here).

All the stress of work and school and life starts to trickle down into my eating habits, and how I want the world to percieve me.

I don't weigh myself anymore because I have an obbessive personality. I've started to just weigh myself according to how I look and feel in the mirror. I know when I'm off my diet.

As for weekly chat stuff, I've found some AMAZING products that I am starting to like for weight loss:

-Kashi Puffs (70 calories per cup)
- Amy's Organic Light and Lean Lasana -so tasty!
(250 calories for one frozen meal)

Has anyone else heard about the new Amy's Organic Line for "light and lean"? I am addicted. They sell them for $3 a piece too at Walmart. I highly reccommend.

Riestrella 09-20-2011 10:46 AM

Day 2 of Insanity - Plyometric Cardio Circuit - OH MY GOOSE I WAS DYING. Let me give you some context here though guys, I was sore and stiff waking up this morning - all from the fit test. When I started today's workout I was like "Huh, ok, I'm feeling ok, getting a bit loosey goosey here." and I was owning it the first half. I was digging deeper (thought you might like that, munster ;p) and pushing through and it was gooood. Then Shaun T is like NEXT! and deals me a whole new can of whoopass. I started to struggle, especially with the power squats and the ski jumps (worlds worse jumper here).

By the third set I was dying. I was going at a snail pace, the push ups/plank ab moves were KILLER. And LEVEL 1 SUICIDE DRILLS?! THAT'S LEVEL 1?! Jebus!! Shaun T is like "imagine I'm there with you, make me work" - I would not be uppercutting your hand, I would be delivering a swift elbow to your crotch kind sir. I got through it all, sweating like a hippo in a power shower and wondering why I do this to myself! But I feel great! Really accomplished, I can already tell tomorrow morning I'm going to feel the burn but I'm glad I did it. BRING ON DAY 3!

munster - Any workout that has a "Max" before it in Insanity has got to be classed as self harm!

sgregg - How come you don't go on Sunday's? Is it just laziness or are you busy? Before if it's the former, be prepared for me to kick you in the behind!!

hotHealthy - Welcome back! This board is amazing for keeping yourself motivated and holding yourself accountable =). Never thought about doing a vlog before! I'll be sure to keep watching your progress! Your English is fine, woman, I understood all of it!! I would only recommend Insanity to those who have a good level of cardio fitness, I wouldn't recommend it to complete beginners!

lupo - Well done for maintaining! Unfortunately I don't have much advice on handling weight loss and stress - I was at my all time highest weight after a stressful final year at University and a trip to America. It was laziness on my part, I was making excuses. "I can't go running, I've got work to do." I could have gone for a 20 minute jog and it wouldn't have interfered with my work AND it would have helped me concentrate better. "I don't want to cook, let's just get takeaway" ...BAD DECISIONS! Looking back I was just making up problems and hiding behind them. Try and see things clearly and not make the mistakes I made!
Insanity is a max interval training programme. It's an intense cardio workout with plyometrics and also strength moves (like squats, planks, push ups). You don't use weights, it's all about pushing yourself to the limit then getting a 30 second break (rather than steadily working then pushing yourself for 30 seconds). It hits you right in the FACE, it's so challenging, but I'm on day 2 and loving it!