I'm A Warrior!!!

• I'm so proud of myself! I completed Warrior Dash today and I think I'm addicted to running!
    The satisfying feeling of making it through and receiving that medal at the end is so rewarding! I love it!
    I completed all of the obstacles on the course except one and I'm a little bummed about it. I made it ALL The way to the top of the obstacle, lost my footing and fell all the way down.
    So... Bloody knees, scraped tummy and bruises... but I have my medal and I'm a WARRIOR!!!
    I'd love to share some pics with ya'll!

Before!!

Ready to Go!!!

Makin' our way to the End!

After the Mud Pit!

So Exhausted!

Me with my Medal and beer!!!

What a rewarding day!!!!
  • you must feel so happy

It looks like you had alot of fun

What an accomplishment.

I know how amazing it feels to cross the finish line. I'd love to do a "tough mudder" type race. Maybe next spring/summer .
  • Awesome! That looks so fun! Great job on completing that race!
  • You look so adorable in your furry hat and pink shirt!

Congrats on completing the race!!! It looks like you had an awesome time. I couldn't imagine doing something so physically demanding. Its great that they give ya a medal so you can look at it and remember how badass you are!!!

Way to go girl!
  • Whoop whoop! Badass is right!

What was the best part of the race?
  • How awesome! What kind of things did you have to do? I've never heard of a warrior race before. Amazing job!
  • How did you prepare for this race?? It looks so fun...but I'm not sure how to prepare for it.
  • Quote: you must feel so happy

It looks like you had alot of fun

What an accomplishment.

I know how amazing it feels to cross the finish line. I'd love to do a "tough mudder" type race. Maybe next spring/summer .
    I'm intimidated by tough mudder, but I would try it especially after this rush!!!

Quote: Awesome! That looks so fun! Great job on completing that race!
    Thank you sooo much!!!

Quote: You look so adorable in your furry hat and pink shirt!

Congrats on completing the race!!! It looks like you had an awesome time. I couldn't imagine doing something so physically demanding. Its great that they give ya a medal so you can look at it and remember how badass you are!!!

Way to go girl!
    Thank you!!! I was struggling by the end of the race but I tell you what, crossing that finish line and getting that medal was probably the most amazing feeling I've ever felt!

Quote: Whoop whoop! Badass is right!

What was the best part of the race?
    There were about 12 obstacles along the course and there were THOUSANDS of people running, like 750 started in each wave... the best part was the teamwork with complete strangers, when I struggled over some of the obstacles there was always a fellow runner offering a hand or shoulder and not letting anyone fail. Real sense of teamwork.
    Second best was just how fun all of the obstacles were. They were physically demanding, it was HOT, but they were so fun!

Quote: How awesome! What kind of things did you have to do? I've never heard of a warrior race before. Amazing job!
    Check out warriordash.com they have them all over the US and they are SOOOO Fun!!!! If you check out the website it gives you a feel for some of their obstacles. there are tons of different ones and they only pick certain ones to do at each state, ours was a lot of climbing and pulling yourself over hurdles and up walls and repelling down things. It was serously CRAZY fun!!!!

Quote: How did you prepare for this race?? It looks so fun...but I'm not sure how to prepare for it.
    I ran a lot, really got into it. Seeing as how this was the first time to ever do something like this I honestly didn't know what to expect completely. Now that I'm a day later and SOOOOO SORE! I will probably get better on my running(so that I can finish faster next time) and really really REALLY work on my upper body strength... it required a lot of pulling yourself up, lowering yourself down and relying on your upper body!
    Otherwise just prepare to have fun!
    there were a lot of people who walked the whole thing just to do the obstacles and still has just as much fun!
  • That is awesome that there was such a sense of teamwork! What a fun experience!
  • Woah, congrats! I did it in June and it was AMAZING! And, no fair, you are totally way less mud covered. That barb wire at the end to crawl under in the mud was LOW at mine, ...

Congrats!!
  • Way To Go! I would love to do A WD once I lose a few lbs and gain a little confidence!
    Congrats Again!
  • Congrats! That looks like a blast!
  • Quote: Woah, congrats! I did it in June and it was AMAZING! And, no fair, you are totally way less mud covered. That barb wire at the end to crawl under in the mud was LOW at mine, ...

Congrats!!
    Lol I will admit the barbed wire wasn't too terribly low but the gravel in the bottom was Killing my knees so I had to get on my knees, go under then stand up and walk the few feet to the next... most of the people around me were Swimming in it lol. I wish I had gotten a little more dirty but it was soo fun either way!!!

Quote: Way To Go! I would love to do A WD once I lose a few lbs and gain a little confidence!
    Congrats Again!
    I kept telling myself I couldn't do it till I lost more weight but I decided not to wait... I'm so glad it was amazing!!! So do it first chance you get, it's a great feeling!

Quote: Congrats! That looks like a blast!
    Thank you! It was soo fun!