Old 09-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello y'all! Just wanted to pop in real quick and let you know that I successfully finished my first day of week 1 of c25k!! Woohoo! I felt so good for FINALLY finishing something...I actually teared up at the gym and I'm feeling kinda emotional about it now too. I don't usually get emotional over stuff like that, but this time I did and really surprised me. Okay, I will be back with personals later. I'm about to start another class.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:19 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! happy hump day! lol.

the weather is beautiful again today, and I was pretty busy this morning (but no afternoon classes) so I’m pretty tired getting back into the groove of things is hard! lol. last night I went to bed at 8:30pm cuz I was so exhausted… lol. still didn’t work out meh.

weight was also down this morning… not quite back to what it was last Friday, but enough to make me think that there may be hope in this diet after all. keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Rainbow: good job for being on plan with food! just take care of yourself first and then you can get back into working out… yikes! that’s a bit expensive for a dress, I’m sure you can find a cute one for cheaper? but I hope you end up doing something cool for your b-day! you should always celebrate in style ^_-

Rie: yay for a fun night out with friends and being moderately good! I’m just doing 30DS right now, but I hate level3 more than anything else and it makes me not want to do it… I doubt I will ever find an exercise I enjoy though. I really hate it. and it’s all pointless movement anyways so my mind is just thinking “why???”

krampus: hey you! welcome back! yeah…. get off your butt and start running again! the weather should be nice back home, no?

Linds: good luck with job hunting! I can understand that “being so over” feeling!! haha…

munster, wow, I really wish I could wake up that early to work out… great job! yeah, I don’t mind dry heat, but humid heat is horrible! actually, even when it’s not so hot but very humid outside, it’s terrible as well…

serbrider: hope you feel better soon…. if your head is hurting too though, it’s most probably sugar… be careful!

sgregg: congrats on finishing your first week! it is an accomplishment! I don’t wanna give up on my working out just because I wanna finish that damn 30DS…. I’m at Day 24 now, so only 6 more days… but it’s such a pain!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:01 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Riestrella I'm totally impressed with your restrained night out! Good on you for keeping in control and also the water thing, super good! Yeah if I was exercising a lot, I might up it to 1600...but I feel like since I started around 1800 and lost on that, then steadily lowered to around 1500, I need to lower it again. Eating 1500 calories and exercising 3-4 times a week was the last time I was losing properly, so I need a habit like that.

krampus Sorry to hear you've been depressed and feel like you're gaining - I'm sure it can't be that bad, but it's important for you to get back into a healthy lifestyle as I know you'll feel better when you do! And I'm sure you know it too. I'm in your boat though, I need to stop being complacent!

Linds Yeah, I know I'm not as committed as I should be, I'm good at making excuses. For me I know that right now its half and half, I could be fine or I could have issues breathing, and since I have queries about me potentially having exercise-induced asthma, I'm erring on the side of caution. I'm sure you can accomplish what you want to! If you've been there before, you can get back. For me, I think the fact that anything below my weight now is foreign is what's holding me back a bit. Like...the weight I'm at now is my lowest as an adult (or really anything after age 13-14), so it's all a little bit challenging to imagine or believe I can be smaller.

munster Sounds like you've been busy! Have you been a personal trainer in the past? Thank you again for the kind words - and you're right, I like it...work in progress! You can't just start something and finish it, and I feel like not having a "finish" point in mind would actually be a good thing for me, that way I also avoid feeling like I've failed!

Serbrider Sorry you're not feeling well, I hope you feel better soon!

sgregg Congrats! I think it's fine to feel emotional about stuff like that, you're making a great achievement for you!

Kawaii Keep at it, you'll see the loss you want I'm sure. I wish I could go to bed that early for once, I always talk myself into staying up later and I'm not really doing anything! I should be sleeping earlier, I feel so tired these days. Yeah, the dress is a bit expensive, but it's SO pretty...http://shop.alannahhill.com.au/cloth...art-frock.html here take a look!! My fingers are crossed for your loss!!

~I woke up this morning feeling like I had a UTI (tmi, I know, sorry) and it made my morning ****. They are so uncomfortable, I was sure it was going to be that but unusually the symptoms disappeared by around 11am...so I'm not sure what was going on there, but I didn't enjoy it!
On track again with food. Have made a couple of bad choices (cheesy pasta snack....) today, but still within calories. Will probably eat super healthy tomato vege broth stuff tonight. Like minestrone but way better for you.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:03 AM   #19  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Herro!

Yesterday was a good day, I'm back down to 175 lbs and I managed to squeeze in a gym trip in my day plans. I did 3.5 miles on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the bike. I'm going to have a love hate relationship with the treadmill, but I'm happy I got it in there and I was sweating like a pig so that is always a good feeling!

Today is back to work =(. Booo!

krampus - Welcome back!! Great to see you again! Hope you manage to tackle your weight loss head on and keep us all updated =)

munster - There's another Insanity?! Holy cow. You are, actually, a mad woman. 5:45am Insanity? That tired me out just reading it! BUT GOOD FOR YOU, WHOOO! I'll cheer you on from the comfort of my bed.

Serbrider - Sounds like you have a bug, I had one of those once and it was naaasty. Keep yourself hydrated the best you can!

sgregg - Congrats! That's awesome that you feel so proud of yourself!! Keep it up =)

Kawaii - Perhaps you should start exercising in a way where there is a definite "goal" to it. I know I love running because there is a start and a finish point, and when I get my distances in it feels amazing. Workout videos are brilliant, and I know I'll be using them in the winter, but they can get really tedious after a while! But you do have 6 days left, keep going whoop whoop!

rainbow - Well done for making the right choices! UTI...I've no idea what that means haha. >_>
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:31 AM   #20  

Riestrella I'm totally not that keen on treadmills either in comparison to being outside - but I used to use it all the time at my parents house because they have one. UTI = urinary tract infection :/ But I'm not experiencing symptoms now so I'm hoping it was some sort of short lived false alarm! Congrats on your good day yesterday, hope today is good too!

~Sleep time for me. Dinner was egg on toast. Not terrible, I was just craving an egg. 2 more days til the weekend!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:04 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Good morning!

Finally got back to turbofire last night. I am redoing week 2 since I only got in one day before getting sick.

I have a banquet/catered lunch today for an annual celebration for one of my clients....I know the food will be caloried laden so I'm hoping to just take it easy on the portions and only eat about half of what is on my plate if not less. I also have a client lunch tomorrow at PF Changs (pan asian type food) that is totally sodium saturated. Woof. I need to check their nutrition facts before I go.

I'm staying off the scales for a few weeks while I commit to getting on track so hopefully next time i'll be happy with the number instead of severely pissed off!

Hope everyone has a great day!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Hey gals, I'm still here! Just finished a long stretch of shifts at work. Very tired...yawn. Still working on eating issues...grr.

It's race week, however!

Will post personals later if time allows, and will keep you posted with race stuff.

-FPSJ
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Morning girls!

busy day today! this is my only free period…. hopefully I’ll have time to post it before I gotta run back to class! I’m kind of in a good mood because my previous lesson went REALLY well and it’s with a class that usually stares at me like a bunch of quiet, dead fishes. anyways…

scale is almost back to my last Friday’s weight, so I am hopeful that tomorrow will be a loss! this diet is so weird honestly… also, I didn’t work out last night because my not-quite-boyfriend (I really have no idea what we are… *sigh*) came to visit, but I VOW that I will work out tonight! and if I don’t I will have to come back here and hang my head in shame on Friday… keep me accountable folks!

rainbow: that dress is cute, but honestly, you can find a lot of similar things for much cheaper these days! have a look around your mall or something! I’m sorry to hear you’re not feeling well though… maybe you’re just stressed out?

Rie: yeah… but I can’t run (for a slew of reasons) and workout dvds are easy cuz I can just do it at home… I do wanna start taking walks though, when it cools down a bit more…

Linds: good luck at the catered lunch! you can do it! also, well done for starting to exercise again… I need to get on it too!

FPSJ: hang in there! good luck on your race!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:16 AM   #24  

LindsB Good luck with the food stuff! Sounds like a challenging couple of days, but you'll be fine I know it

FPSJ Hope you get some sleep!

Kawaii Glad to hear your good mood, and not-quite-boyfriend visit, which sounds confusing to me...I hope you managed to exercise! The dress is really pretty but you're right about finding nicer stuff - I'm good at finding stuff, but sometimes I swear there is nothing around when I really want it, and stuff when I don't really need it!

~UTI thing seemed to have gone but appears to be back again. I know I should probably have got it diagnosed or at least have got some of the stuff from the pharmacy that is supposed to be good for one, but I kind of thought that since the symptoms had gone I had gotten lucky. Guess not.
Bleurgh.
Food on track again - next week I'm vowing to bring in the exercise again! Although I keep also forgetting that I really need new pants because my exercise pants are way too big and make running uncomfortable.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:20 AM   #25  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Been on track so far this week. Been weighing in at 175 lbs which beats the 177 lbs I was seeing last week!! So I'm very happy about that. 10 lbs to go until I'm halfway to the healthy BMI =D!

Exercise has been going good, I've been sticking to it (except the strength workouts...I really don't like them! =S) by going to the gym and running/cycling there. Going to try and brave a run soon enough outside in the cold. Hate English weather though.

Eating is slowly but surely turning good. My Mum generously bought a lot of the stuff I asked for to make my eating plan go ahead. I still have a few things to sub out eventually, but I didn't want to plant a whole grocery list on her just for me! But I'm excited to get cooking and experimenting with the Insanity nutrition recipes. Going to make me an Egg wrap this morning methinks!

FatPants - Good luck with your race!! Let us know how you do!

Kawaii - Glad you're having a much better time at work. And you better exercise or you will get a swift kick in the e-bum!! Think of how it will make you feel afterwards, and the sense of achievement it will bring! YOU CAN DO IT, SO DO IT!! Walking is definitely a good exercise, I know a lot of people start with walking then move up to jogging then eventually become runners. Do you have a gym near you with a swimming pool or something? Swimming is another great exercise!

rainbow - You should really see a doctor!! Self diagnosing can be baaaad. Glad you're on track with food, and yesh, exercising is a good step forward! But it seems you're making excuses missy ;p.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #26  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Hi Ladies!

So TOM hit, and yesterday was not a good day lol, I felt so yucky that after I worked out I just chilled and didn't do anything beyond hang with the LOs. Hence the no posting yesterday . I hope you all are having a great day, mine is better today so woohoo! Hit the gym this morning which felt great and I will be doing cardio recovery later this afternoon for Insanity. Weight was up 1 lb today because of the evil AF, but I expect next week to see a crazy whoosh since I am usually up 3 or 4 so maybe I am down closer to that 149?????????? Crossing fingers lol! Let's have a great Thursday OMG so close to the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rie-It's nice that your mom bought you some of the things you needed! Who knows, maybe she will start doing the healthy eating plan with you?! OOOoooh I love the egg wraps, I do those all the time for lunch they are great! The protein pancake is also really good, and so is most of the stuff. Good luck with it, you will love it and see great results I know! OMG just thinking about English cold makes me happy it is 100+ where I am yuck!

Rainbow-I'm sorry you are still not 100% . You will get better SOON I hope!

Kawaii-Just keep working! I bet you will see a good loss tomorrow! Although it has been hard, I bet working out combined with this diet will really show you a good loss. It sounds like it is working for you as far as the cravings go so stick with it! Boy confusion, oh I don't miss those days lol! As for keeping you accountable-I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THAT YOU AREN'T WORKING OUT WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha, I am the workout queen and I say WORK OUT HARDER!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! Okay was that helpful? LOL!

FPSJ-Keep working woman, you CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck in your race, let me know how you do and I will be praying, cheering for you!!!!!!!

Finally done ladies, it is now evening, I am sorry I am trying to get my teaching credential paperwork together and it took me all day! GRRRRrrrrrrrrr talk to you all more tomorrow!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #27  

Hello ladies! I am around and I am soooo busy with school in full swing. I never thought I would have so much to do. It's just so overwhelming. And I want to snack, but I'm trying hard to fight the urge. So, I've completed Day 2 of week 1 of C25K. I am really loving that program. Today, my calves were starting to hurt sooner, but I was actually able to talk through my walk and run. Not the whole time, mind you, but some. It just goes by so quickly when you have someone there beside you talking. My friend jogged the whole time and she got in a 5k while I was doing my walking and running...haha! Anyway, my weigh in was yesterday. I was down to 225.8. I need to change my info. and ticker.
School is really taking a tole on my stress level. I had 3 full days today. One day in adult classes (didn't even get to spend any time with my DD ), one day at the elem. school where I'm interning, and then another morning of adult classes and a fake field trip that me and my group had to do. That was actually fun, but still I was away from home. Now, I have a ton of homework I need to be doing as I'm typing this, but I just had to update my girls and see what was going on!!

Munster
- AF is coming for me too. I'm on the "white pills" for this week. She isn't here yet, but I can feel her just around the corner. I'm supposed to go to the gym Saturday or Sunday and I'm curious to see how I feel about that when the time comes.

Rie
- Hmm...egg wrap? Like a breakfast burrito with scrambled eggs and tomatoes or whatever? I'm glad she is supporting your eating plan. And yay for seeing that 175!!

Rainbow
- you better get that UTI checked out!!

Kawaii - You better get your booty in gear! If I have to do that C25K every other day then you have to work out too! Haha!! Glad you had a good class with the usual-starrers (I know that's not a word, but whatever).
Old 09-09-2011, 06:47 AM   #28  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hi all! GREAT NEWS! After holding myself accountable and admitting that I was back up to 177 lbs earlier this week after thinking I was around 174 lbs - I'm actually 174 lbs today!! Super dooper officially 174 lbs - BOOM! I'm 9 pounds away from being 165 lbs, I can't wait! I'm sure after I hit 165 lbs I'll be DYING to get to 150 lbs: the no more overweight BMI weight!! But one step at a time!

Yesterday I had a good eating day - 2 pieces of wholegrain bread with 1 tbsp of peanut butter (toasted!), 2 English muffins with chicken slices, lettuce and tomato and a fruit salad for dinner. I'm not sure if it was the eating that made the scales drop - but I'm hoping that the loss keeps coming with this new food plan!

On a more personal note - it's my 2 year anniversary with my boyfriend today. He sent me a nice letter saying how proud he was of me that I've overcome a lot of personal and confidence issues in the last year, and how he feels so lucky to be in a relationship with me <3. It was really sweet! 154 days until I can see him again =p.

--

munster - Boo for periods! Glad you're feeling much better today! You always work so hard, I'm positive you'll see a loss! Keep it up girl! And yes, you're very lucky for your weather, this year was the coldest summer in 20 years =(. There's a new popular saying here "I love summer in England, it's my favourite day of the year." *sigh*

sgregg - Make sure you're stretching a lot after any workout! It makes such a difference =). And woohoo, congrats on your loss! You're a machine! Whew, that sounds like a lot of work =S Great job on keeping on top of the c25k though!!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #29  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Good Morning Girls!

So moving a bit slow this morning lol! The last two nights have been a bit late and I am having trouble staying energized during the day. Haha might have to do with the fact that DD is teething again and her poor little gums are killing her *sigh*. Poor baby but it keeps mommy up too and then I am super tired lol! Went to the gym and did some cardio, and still have to get time in with Shaun T...after I go to the grocery store. I will revel in yelling at him today because oh man I am tired and just ornery right now haha! I am going to "cheat" weigh on Monday to see if it moves once TOM leaves town lol! I hope that we are all doing well, and that the weekend stays OP and good for all you ladies!

sgregg-AF is not my favorite person lol! I usually wish she would just go away and never come back! Oh well, that will happen eventually haha! Great job on the C25K, that is so awesome! It feels great to finish something physical doesn't it? Usually going to the gym makes me feel much better during TOM, and keeps the pain and bloating at bay, maybe it will for you too! I hope that school and kids and working out all meshes well together this next week, I totally know how hard that can be!

Rie
-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY for 174! Great job! The diet part is really the most important. Trust me, when I started Insanity and really eating super healthy and everything is when the lbs started coming off! Great job . You are kicking such a$$ woman! Woohoo for the anniversary, I love those (yummy food and presents usually haha!). My grandmother is originally from Bath, so she tells me all the time that she loves the mild fall, summer, and spring seasons here. LOL but she says sometimes she loves it when it rains and winds like crazy because it reminds her of home lol! Keep working it out, hope the cold isn't too crazy tomorrow!

Ladies I will talk to you all tomorrow, one more day of Insanity before "recovery week" for Round 2 which means I am halfway through Round 2 HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!! Let's kick butt girls!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #30  

Gooood morning, everyone! I was up bright and early on a Saturday morning. I have done some laundry and now working on homework while DD is in a good mood. Of course, she sleeps the whole time I'm working on laundry, but wakes up as soon as I sit down to do the homework. Haha! That's how it goes when you have kids.

I think I'm going to the flea market today so I'll get some good strolling in. I plan on heading to the gym tomorrow for my last walk/run for week 1 of the c25k. I may go this evening instead if I feel up to it. I really don't like exercising in the evening though. But oh well, gotta do what ya gotta do.

munster
- My DD is showing signs of teething but nothing is coming through yet. She isn't too fussy right now, but she's definitely trying to chew on everything that she can get her hands on and she's been drooling a lot more here lately. DS cut his teeth around 6 months, so we shall see if DD will follow suit. She'll be 5 months on the 14th! Man, how time flies!

Riestrella - Happy Boyfriend Anniversary! And way to go on your eating! You sound like you are doing great! And yes, I need to stretch more. Fortunately, I haven't been that sore. That will probably change next week though..haha!

Bama - where are how are you?? Keeping those high-schoolers in line keeping you busy??