3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   $$$* Weekly Chat - week of august 29 to september 4th *$$$ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/241903-%24%24%24%2A-weekly-chat-week-august-29-september-4th-%2A%24%24%24.html)

KawaiiCandie 08-28-2011 09:48 PM

$$$* Weekly Chat - week of august 29 to september 4th *$$$

Hey girls!

It’s Monday here, and you know what that means…..

crankiness. lol. I really don’t like Mondays. I even have a shirt that says so :p

so anyways, yesterday was more chilling, went out with a friend and had a date with a guy I met online, who turned out to be unfortunately short. :( I had a big low-carb breakfast, and then I was super good while I was out with friends, drinking only tea and coffee (cuz there really isn’t that much you can eat on the low-carb diet when you go out) but then when I went home I was STARVING and I pretty much just snacked on whatever was around… which wasn’t bad stuff to say, but there were nuts and black chocolate, and soup that may have had milk in it. meh. also it was pretty late so that I went to bed not long after that…. result was that I was up .2kg this morning *sigh* I hope it’s only cuz I ate late. meh. anyhow, I’ve decided not to weigh again till Friday because it makes me crabby and miserable.

in other news, TOM is here finally, after 6 weeks!!! and it’s really weird cuz it’s super light. I am starting to wonder if the reason I am not losing any weight is because I got off the pill and am seeing all these hormonal changes. maybe I should just go back on it… meh.

philana: congrats on the loss! yeah, unfortunately my reason for not believing the scale when it goes down a bit, it’s cuz it tends to go right back up :( I’m kinda jealous you could do so well by only being so-so on plan :p

Rie: I think your anger is understandable… it wasn’t a very tactful way of telling you things… sounds like a delicate situation with his mom… I hope you can work it out! if all else fails, you could go with the Japanese way : show up, pretend you have no idea that she hates you and that all is fine :p

rainbow: oh noes. big hugs. hope you feel better. I have learned (or have i?) that whenever I end up buying more food than what I really need, it ends up in a binge… *sigh*

FPSJ: a downward trend is a good thing! and yeah, totally speak to your coworkers about the food! worst case scenario, they say no :p I checked the low-carb section a bit, to get ideas for breakfast, it helped!

bama: hey, walking is good! I’m thinking of starting to take nightly walks, at least on the evenings that I’m too lazy to work out since it’s getting a bit more bearable outside…

munster: the joys of parenthood indeed! lol. well you held your end, so that’s good. and still the workout queen, I see ;) how was girls’ night/

HH4L: yeah, WHY is dieting such a riddle!? well, if you’re going on a trip soon, don’t stress about it too much, just try and be good as best you can!

Rechyl,
listen to icon! she knows the drill!

rainbowstripe 08-28-2011 11:36 PM

Kawaii Maybe you could take some low carb snacks in your bag for when you know you'll be somewhere without good options for you? I felt terrible at the weekend but it's just one setback, and come on, I can make it past setbacks otherwise I wouldn't be here!

~Urgh, Monday, I am sick. Quick post from me, I went to work this morning but was feeling so so terrible, I left about an hour ago (2.30pm) to come home and rest so I am now going to do what I came home to do, I feel gross and my head feels huge. I just ate some wonton noodle soup, not the best healthwise, but I was craving noodles and broth and I have to say I feel a little better after it.

Better get resting as I can't take anymore time off work!

Riestrella 08-29-2011 05:24 AM

New thread! Sorry if I miss out on the personals from the last thread, my laptop battery has limited life so it would take me ages to get through you all!

I've been doing well, thank you for all your messages about my situation with the bf and his Mum. He apologised for the order of things he said it in, tried to say "it's just who I am" when I said why couldn't he have shown a bit more excitement first because he's a worrier and I thought THAT'S NOT AN EXCUSE TO TREAT ME POORLY! But he got the message and showed his excitement for me visiting so that's good. The thing with his Mum...well she's a stubborn woman, I think that's going to take time to resolve =/. But as long as I have my bf on my side then I'm sure it'll be fine.

I've been on track with exercise, did a 4 mile run yesterday and going to the gym after work today. My mum is starting to get to me a bit, she's really jealous that I'm staying on plan and losing weight. She just stares at me sometimes, and she tries to get me to cheat by offering me chocolate, soda and chips. I decline, and she looks offended! It's tricky, because she is obese and she wants to lose weight - she just doesn't have the same determination for some reason. It's hard when she's been this way for all of my life, always saying "I'll lose weight this year" then ends up gaining it (or losing it and then gaining it back). We used to be scarily similar - we'd lose weight, go on holiday or something, then relapse and say "I'll do something tomorrow." I'm so happy I've slapped myself around the face and I'm now on track until I lose the weight for good!

I've been weighing in at 174 lbs, which is amazing! Which means I'm due for an update picture to be taken! I might do that soon. My clothes are feeling looser and I think I've gone down a bra size. Life is pretty dandy in the weight loss department right now =)

---

kawaii - I'm not a huge fan of diets, I think they make you want to eat the food you really want to eat more so than you would normally. Are you sure a low carb diet is going to benefit you?

rainbow - I read about the cheeseburger incident...that really wasn't pretty! You should really throw them out!! Sorry you're feeling sick, rest up, drink water and smoothies to get your nutrients in and take it easy!

LindsB 08-29-2011 08:24 AM

Good morning! Monday again??? UGH! Yuck! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Week 1 of Turbo Fire is complete. 19 more weeks to go. One week will fall over being gone on vacation. Not sure how I'm going to handle that yet. Hopefully I'll just take the DVDs with me and continue on. I really need to tighten up my eating this week. I was sneaking snacks from around the office last week. No more of that unless it is fruit!

Kawaii- Sorry to hear that you are crabby! I know the feeling. I am going to do Friday weigh-ins as well. Hopefully this week will be nicer on the scale for the both of us!

Rainbow- Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! Hope you are better soon!

Ries- That's crazy about your mom's sabatoging ways! Hopefully she will find her own inner willpower soon to make her own changes! Good for you to sticking to your plan and kicking butt!

sgregg 08-29-2011 08:54 AM

Goooood morning, folks!

Man, I have been so bad since my last weigh-in. I am definitely expecting a gain this weigh-in. Anyway, back on track today. I got my water sitting in front of me and it's going to be by my side all the time. Also, I'm planning on starting the gym workout tomorrow.

FPSJ - Good idea! I will probably do that. I need to remember to bring my body spray and deodorant. ;)

Bama - Gotta love some Dirt Cheap!! Which one do you usually visit? I like the Amory one but have been to the Tupelo one a few times and I like it now that they have expanded.

munster - Oh wow! Did his mom say something to you??

HH4L - I have thought about working out at home, but do you realize how early I would have to get up?? Probably 4:30am and I am NOT doing that when I can't get in the bed until 10 or 10:30 because of school work. I would be a complete mess. Haha!!

LindsB - Office snacks are horrible!

Riestrella - I'm glad your bf is on your side, I'm sure that helps tremendously. And way to go on getting your exercise in!! You go, girl!

Rainbow - Hope you feel better soon!

Kawaii - I'm going to say it was because of eating so late too. And especially if anything had some sodium in it (the soup, maybe?). And I'm with you on the weighing. I'm just going to do weekly now. I'm tired of seeing the fluctuations and besides I know what to expect now anyway. Also, about the BC pills, I went back on them after having DD and I'm actually glad I did this time. My periods were always irregular without them and I like having the regularity now.

munstermommy 08-29-2011 01:59 PM

Good Morning Ladies!

So I feel really bad because I was going to go through and do personals yesterday, but can I tell you how horrible I was feeling yesterday? Last night and the night before I haven't been able to fall asleep before 3AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH?????????!!!!!! Seriously, I am ready to sleep and TIRED and then I lay there for 5 hours without sleeping?! This is getting ridiculous. Almost the entire week before that I was waking up every 30 minutes after falling asleep. I have no clue what is going on with me! I don't drink caffeine (ever) I don't eat at 11pm, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :devil::devil::devil::devil:. So, I am just going to start this week fresh, and I am sorry to everyone who took the time to respond to me at the end of the week that I didn't get back to :(. So after 3 hours of sleep last night DD woke up at 6am (oh boy that was bad) and got her and DS all ready this morning since hubby is back at work. I figured the only way to try to get some energy was to work out, so I hit the gym like normal (8am) and it took me a good 30 minutes to not feel like I was going to fall off the ARC trainer lol! Then came home and pushed play for Insanity (omg Shaun T got abused SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly today the poor man! haha!) which was the workout from h*** literally. But, I do feel better now and I think the endorphines/adrenaline will help me make it through to afternoon naptime. I hope everyone had a better end to the week than I did lol! Oh well, tonight I am willing myself to sleep at 9pm, so that I can catch up! Hoping for a good weigh in this Thursday for the 12 week challenge, and also because brother in law and his tiny, petite, perfect, no children-beautiful body fiance are coming into town for the weekend. Hoping to surprise them with how much I have lost in the last 10 weeks since I have seen them! Okay ladies, let's have a great week, and keep OP, workout like mad women, and drop some of these freakin lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: :carrot::carrot:

Kawaii-I did hold my end, and I felt like "mommy hear me roar" lol! On the workout front, I feel like I have to workout like crazy so that I can get down to goal and back into what I love doing-sports. I am hoping to try out for a semi-pro soccer team in the spring and need to be back into EXCEPTIONAL shape by then so I am hoping this will give me a good foundation to lay the ultra crazy training on lol! Girls night was super fun, The Help was a good movie and we had a great time. My friend is preggo so we talked a lot about that and different things. It is nice for me to have time like that since I don't do it too often :).

Rainbow-Boo for yucky feeling days! :( :hug: I hope that you feel better. I wouldn't worry about what you are eating when you are sick, usually you really don't eat much so you need to get down what you think you can tolerate and what makes you feel better. Sending good vibes your way :).

Rie-YAY on the bra size lol! I know that there have been convos here about how it is hard when you are very well endowed, and that has to be so much more comfortable (although being a less than blessed person in the chest department, I am always thinking about what it would be like to have more lol). I am sorry about your mom situation :hug:. I think that you are right in thinking that she might be trying subconsciously to sabotage you because she can't figure out how to make that work for herself. The best thing you can do is keep trying to reach her about her health. I have a somewhat similar problem with my MIL (although we love each other very much) in the sense that she is EXTREMELY unhealthy, 60-70 lbs overweight (at least), has high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, etc. I ask her "don't you want to be here to see your grandchildren graduate high school, get married, have babies of their own? Because at this rate you won't." That has given her some perspective and she is trying harder now. Maybe you just need to have that heart to heart in that way with your mom. I hope that it gets better!

LindsB-You can do it with the snacks! Also, taking the DVDs is a great call! That is what I did with Insanity when I was gone this summer and it was fine. I felt bad though in the hotel for the people under me (although I did it around 11am when I figured people would be out doing other things). YOU CAN DO IT!

sgregg-You can get right back on track so don't beat yourself up! Oh yeah, his mom came over because he went and told her that "his mommy got mad at me" and I talked to her about it. I just told her that DS is not even 4 yet, and he doesn't know how to handle a verbal bully. I explained that her son is not nice to my son and she said that her son doesn't understand how to deal with my DS because he is so much smaller. I told her that he doesn't have to come to this end of the street and play with my DS if he has these problems, etc. It was fine, but I was heated the whole day lol! Grrrrr seriously maternal instincts kicked into overdrive!

Okay ladies, going to get DD out of her crib for her baba, then I am off to the grocery store. Hope we all have a great start to the week and talk to you all soon!

Rechyl 08-29-2011 04:48 PM

today has been a good day. I managed to fly through my gym session even after increasing the difficulty on the bike and cross trainer. My butt is a little sore now though (but its good sore) and i feel so hungry.

Its been so cold here i think i may have to start drinking hot water instead of cold at work or maybe some nice peppermint tea or something. Went food shopping tonight and bought lots of lovely fresh fruit and veggies to have.

Hope you are all having a good start to the week and heres to staying on plan!

KawaiiCandie 08-29-2011 08:22 PM

Morning girls! it’s already Tuesday here and I am in a peppy mood cuz they turned the a/c on at school (it’s getting colder so they don’t do it automatically, we have to ***** about it a bit first…) and I succeeded in not weighing in this morning, so I can’t be cranky about the result. I kinda wanted to but I was like “no, I’m waiting til Friday”.

last night I did my workout, and I’m now on level 3 of the 30DS, and can I just say LEVEL 3, I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!! it’s really hard… I mean, some of the moves I can’t even though, so I’m modifying them, and I’m still crying! *sigh* can’t wait til it’s over. lol. otherwise been on plan and all, cooked a healthy dinner and packed the rest for today’s lunch. hopefully I will finally see a loss this week!

rainbow: snacks are a good idea! didn’t think about it, but will remember next time! sorry to hear you’re sick :( hope you feel better soon!

Rie: I’ve lost weight on low carb diets before, and since my body wasn’t responding to just calorie-counting, I thought I’d give it a try. actually, it’s almost easier for me if I have a list of what I can and cannot eat. and moms…. what can I say? ;p good job on the steady weight loss though!

Linds: I hope so!! yeah, bringing the dvds with you would be a good idea! then you wouldn’t have to feel guilty for enjoying your vacation! where are you going?

sgregg: I hope the scale is kind to you! and you crack me up with your water… keep it up! you’re doing better than me! yeah, regularity is a comfort… I mean, I get all kinds of unpleasantness from periods, but I get massive heart attacks, getting paranoid I’m preggers (even when there’s no reason I should be) when I’m late so… lol.

munster: 3am?! woah, that sucks… maybe… you are exercising too late? I know working out really wakes me up, and you workout a lot so… I dunno! or maybe it’s the napping! love your enthusiasm, as always though… ;) semi-pro soccer team?! wow! you go girl!! I dunno about “the help”, since I live in Japan, movies come out super late here, if they even come out at all. we usually just get the big titles.

Rechyl, good job! where are you at? I honestly wish autumn would get here cuz it’s still SO hot where I am! ha! running the a/c on all the time at home… :p

sgregg 08-29-2011 08:51 PM

Good morning to you, Kawaii! Good for you for not weighing in like you had told yourself! Keep it up! I'm still trying to accomplish level 1 in 30DS so kudos to you for getting to level 3!

Rechyl - I also have a problem drinking water in cold weather. Good job with doing your exercising!

munster - I hear ya on the insomnia. I was like that for a while, but something changed. I guess me having to get DS off to school on time and having to work out getting DD up and fed beforehand. I don't know. But now I'm tired at night and I sleep. Well, except on days I drink all my water...then I'm up peeing all night...grrr! DH goes through weeks where he just can't sleep. I don't know what it is. Hopefully, it will change for you soon. I know no sleep is not good.

rainbowstripe 08-29-2011 09:18 PM

Sorry guys, no personals. Am not that well at all, left work at 12pm, just ate some chicken noodle soup and now time for sleeping. Thanks for all the well wishes!

FatPantsSkinnyJeans 08-29-2011 11:31 PM

Hey gals!
I decided I'd get my post in now, as I've got a crazy busy day tomorrow.

I've only had one dietary discretion over the last few days.... I ate quite a bit of cake at work last night. In my past, I've taken this sort of splurge as license to go crazy since "the day was ruined." However... I decided not to. It dawned on me that I could accept I ate a bit too much, and let it go--or lose control and consume enough calories to create an actual gain. NSV? A teeny one, I think.

Workouts are right on schedule... only 2 weeks left until my race!

I decided to pass up a social invitation tonight, because I knew it would be counterproductive. Alcohol and restaurant food will not help me right now, especially while making an effort to eat in a clean, healthful manner up until the race. Sad that I couldn't participate... but I realize I was making the best choice for me and my body at this moment.

5 mile run planned for the morning, and then the usual day-off crap to take care of, with some productive yet much needed time with friends built in. These friends also happen to be making an effort to get control of their diets, so I don't foresee any major issues on that front.

Kawaii
- Oh man, I'm dealing with my fair share of "hormonal" issues right now. Ovaries are so confusing! Great work with the healthy cookin', 30DS, and having better energy. Keep it going!

Rainbow
-- Awwww, feel better sooooon!

Riestrella
-- I'm glad you've had a chance to iron some stuff out with the boy. It's also wonderful to hear that you're feeling positive about your weight loss efforts, workouts, etc. Good vibes all around! What # week are you in on the training plan?

LindsB
-- I say take the DVD with ya! Work food is my kryptonite. Ugh. Hang in there, and yay for fruit!

sgregg
-- Let us know how the gym in the a.m. routine works out! H20 is also my friend tonight... hahaha

munstermommy
-- Oooh man. Night shifts = instant insomnia, therefore I have many, many tips and tricks. Although sometimes I think it can just be a fluke, and then we get fixated on it and it starts this cycle of anxiety about not sleeping! One practice that works for me when I get stuck in a "can't sleep" cycle is to just say "Self, lay down quietly and read. If you sleep, great, and if not, no biggie-- you'll still be resting your body." Nine times out of ten I can doze off. It's like you mentally take the pressure off yourself to konk out. Anyway, sounds like all is well on the exercise front, so that's good! I hope your time with your visitors goes smoothly, too. :)

Rechyl
-- Great work! I just did the same thing with the fruits and veggies. I'm on a nectarine kick this week.. :) What did ya get? Hope you have a great week, too!

Time for a snooooooze.

Talk to ya tomorrow!
-FPSJ

LindsB 08-30-2011 06:28 AM

OK I am so pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil: x's a million!

Kawaii- I was not sucessful in staying off the scale this morning and it was UP even more! WTF! I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I didn't do so great over the weekend. I had a good OP day yesterday until I decided to have a glass of wine and some trail mix around 9 pm last night! I WILL be staying off until Friday, maybe even next Friday because I'm back to that place where I just get so mad!

I also woke up with a sore throat and my ears are hurting. I really hope I'm not getting sick.

RANT OVER!

munstermommy 08-30-2011 12:44 PM

Morning Ladies!

So I FINALLY got to sleep last night! I was so tired that I knocked out at about 9:30pm and woke up about 6am! YAY for sleep :). Wanting to drown myself in water today and tomorrow since I have weigh in on Thursday for the 12 week challenge :dizzy:. I am really hoping that I get that elusive 155 or 154 number on the scale :D. I have been working so hard and staying OP, so I better see that scale MOVE :devil::devil::devil:. Oh well, went to the gym this morning and listened to some girls on either side of me (one of whom is a semi "friend" of mine) talk about some really hilarious things (both are remarried divorsees who are thin, beautiful, and built lol). They kind of remind me of girls from the "Real Housewives of ______ haha! So cardio was pretty fun lol! My life is so mundane compared to theirs haha! Now I am eating a snack with DS, DD is down for nap

Rechyl 08-30-2011 01:02 PM

Boy am i sore today! I guess my gym trip must have done something yesterday even though it felt easy at the time.

KawaiiCandie - Im in Scotland and i had to put the heating on last night. Cold is not fun.

FPSJ - i got a lot of stuff. I got - corn, baby corn cobs, mange tout, brocolli, mushrooms, carrots, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, salad leaves, mixed stir-fry veg, raspberries, strawberries, apples, watermelon, grapes and bananas.

munstermommy 08-30-2011 01:13 PM

Morning Ladies!

So I FINALLY got to sleep last night! I was so tired that I knocked out at about 9:30pm and woke up about 6am! YAY for sleep :). Wanting to drown myself in water today and tomorrow since I have weigh in on Thursday for the 12 week challenge :dizzy:. I am really hoping that I get that elusive 155 or 154 number on the scale :D. I have been working so hard and staying OP, so I better see that scale MOVE :devil::devil::devil:. Oh well, went to the gym this morning and listened to some girls on either side of me (one of whom is a semi "friend" of mine) talk about some really hilarious things (both are remarried divorsees who are thin, beautiful, and built lol). They kind of remind me of girls from the "Real Housewives of ______ haha! So cardio was pretty fun lol! My life is so mundane compared to theirs haha! Now I am eating a snack with DS, DD is down for nap yay and I will be doing Insanity before lunch :). Shaun T will surely get some energetic remarks, although not as bad as yesterday lol! I hope that we all have a great day, and make it through the week!

Rechyl-Yay for yummy friuts/veggies! I love when you find good things that are fun to eat and you know are good for you! Keep up the good work :).

Kawaii-That was the weird thing, I only exercise in the morning, never at night (unless I workout at soccer practice sometimes) and I don't drink caffeine or eat late either, just really weird. Last night was good because I was finally able to sleep so woohoo :). Woohoo for AC too, omg I would die without it, it is insanely hot where I am and we would all melt if we didn't have it lol! HAHAHAHAHAHA you sound like me with Shaun T for the Level 3 30DS! Doesn't it make you feel better to take out your frustrations on it (or more specifically on Jillian lol!) :D.

Rainbow
-:hug: hope you feel better soon!

FPSJ-Thanks for the tips, I actually did use that last night, I told myself just to relax, and thought about relaxing and letting go of all of my muscles and before I knew it I was asleep and didn't wake up until 6am! Phew what a relief! YAY getting closer to the race! I am super excited for you, I know how nerve wracking it can be before you run a half, you will have jitters, butterflies, and other feelings all the way until you cross your chip over the start line! You will do great, stay OP as much as possible and for the whole week before you do the race, HYDRATE LIKE CRAZY. Trust me, recovery wise and during the race you will be happier lol!

LindsB-So sorry about the gain, maybe some of it could be water weight? I hope that you see a good loss here soon!

Okay ladies, I hope that you have a great day and that we have a great week staying OP and working out :D!