Old 08-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

I read a really good article by Chalene (the maker of Turbo Fire) about a temporary gain during your first 2ish weeks of a new workout plan. Hopefully that is the culprit! I'm just going to pretend it is for my own sanity at this point.
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:51 PM   #17  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Woohoo!!! Just measured myself.

Last Sunday (not this past sunday but the sunday before) I was:
Bust- 45

Chest- 35

Waist- 38

Hips- 50

Midway- 45

Thighs- R: 27.5 L: 27.5

Knees- R: 19 L: 20

Calves- R: 15.5 L: 17

Upper arm- R: 14.5 L: 15

Forearms- R: 11 L: 11

And today, I am:

Bust- 43

Chest- 34.5

Waist- 36

Hips- 48

Midway- 44

Thighs- R: 27 L: 27

Knees- R: 17.5 L: 18

Calves- R: 15.5 L: 17

Upper arm- R: 14 L: 14

Forearms- R: 10.5 L: 10.5

Lost at least half an inch everywhere!!! Except for my calves... but those... I might just end up with larger calves... or... the fat's just not coming off there, or it could be muscles... whatever.

But yeah... WOOHOO!!! I was feeling a bit down because I went up in weight again... but I shrugged it off because I DID have some blueberries and a mango around 10 PM... whereas on other days I stopped eating before 8 PM... and I got up earlier... so yeah. Plus, it was my first day of exercise... so could be some water retention... but... my measurements are down!!! Hoorah!!! So SO glad I had measured all of those.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #18  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Hey everyone, i am doing ok, this week has been going better than previously i think, because mostly its getting warmer and the sun is coming up earlier Still trying to get my *** into gear for the half marathon, tried to do a long run on Sunday but of course there was a marathon outside my gym and no parking for about 50 million kilometers. So have to try again this week. We went and saw a wedding venue on Saturday, omg it was lovely. But the date we kinda want was pencilled in for someone else already. Plus we kinda need to look around to know what we are comparing it to. So probably headed to another place this coming weekend. Also my middle finger on my left hand is randomly very tender, i have no idea what has happened there (but of course im like omgibrokemyhand lol). At first i thought my ring was too tight but that i realised that was the wrong finger. Hmmmmmmmm

Serbrider- congrats! Thats really good news!

Linds- i do find i retain some water when i work different muscles, maybe thats it? Take care of your sanity! And drink lots of water

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 08-30-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:21 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Ahh! THis week is not going well! I couldn't do turbo fire this week because i'm sick!!!! I BETTER be better tomorrow! I'll need to double up on day this week! RAWR i so rarely get sick! Luckily my wonderful hubster is taking care of me
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:27 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

morning girls!

well, I don’t have much to say except that yesterday was on plan, and I didn’t weigh in this morning again. I forced myself to drink a full glass of cold water before anything this morning, and after that I felt kinda queasy so I basically had to force my breakfast down my throat. lol. today should be OP as well. it’s really amazing how, once you stop eating carbs, all the cravings just go away. I mean you would think “yeah right…”, but they do!!!

today is the first official day of school, although there’s no class… it’s opening ceremony and earthquake drills. lol fun times. tomorrow I have FIVE classes though… I will probably die. lol.

hope everyone has a good day!!

sgregg: I know, right! not weighing is harder than it looks! yeah, I don’t like level 1 either, but level 3 is just evil.. level 2 is the best IMO.

rainbow: take care! hope you feel better.

FPSJ: not splurging after a mistake is definitely a nsv! I know firsthand, it’s hard! you should tell yourself that you’re not eating anything at work!! actually, work is usually the easiest time to focus for me, cuz I don’t have food here so nothing can tempt me. just tell your coworkers to keep their cake away!! lol. oh and yeah, hormones suck. I’ve just realized that my skin is now way oilier than usual and I’ve never had skin problems in my life, so I’m attributing that to the hormone switch as well. it sucks.

Linds, oh no! aaaw… I can understand the feeling…. also eating late at night is no good for the scale in the morning! maybe you should give yourself a cutoff point, like no food after 7pm or something?

munster: I also went to bed real early last night! felt good! oh yeah, I totally ***** at Jillian while doing the workout… but it’s more like cries of “is it over yet??? it’s sooooo hard!!!” than yelling, lol. I love Jillian though, I’m so sad she wont be on Biggest Loser anymore!

Rechyl, oh, I see! well I’m from Canada, so I hear you about the cold. but I live in Japan now, and Japanese summers are soooooo humid and gross, it’s really unpleasant…

serbrider,
well done on lost inches!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:59 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

...aaaaand I just binged. Because I am anxious.

Siiiiigh.
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:00 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

I am so sorry I am being slack again but I promise it isn't the beginning of another long hiatus - just me being unwell and resting as much as I can when I can. I will be back in full force with personals and everything when I feel like everything else isn't quite so on top of me as it is right now.

I am doing ok though, food wise etc, so all is not lost!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:44 AM   #23  
Back with a vengeance

S/C/G: 187/ticker/130

I've been slipping up these last few days in terms of food. Monday I was nibbling at chocolate and eating a pudding late at night - I don't know why but I just did! I felt really guilty, and the scales did not like me in the morning! Yesterday was better, but I still had a big meal when I went to a restaurant. It's only 2 days, and they weren't terrible binges, but still - I feel guilty! But I like feeling this way. I also haven't been keeping up with water - DROWN MYSELF IN H2O TIME!

I've been sticking on track with my workouts. My Mum came on a run with me and I was faster than her! She's like a marathoner, but has been losing her way recently so I felt kinda proud that I was faster =p. I've had THREE PEOPLE say "you're looking really skinny!!" recently - RESULT! When I was on webcam with the boyfriend he said that my curves are looking super sexy, awww yeah.

I went on a massive shopping spree yesterday because I won 50 in vouchers at work. A few NSV's - instead of buying clothes that are too big because I feel uncomfortable in fitted clothes I threw that mentality out the window and bought what fitted me well. No more drowning myself in clothes!! Another NSV was that I'M A SIZE DOWN!! I was in that dressing room booth actually dancing to myself because of this victory!

I bought a few vest tops, a black floaty cardigan, an awesome t-shirt that has the A-Z of dinosaurs on (I'm a nerd) and a brown sweater. I also got some purdy earrings too. So a successful days worth of shopping and I feel great about my body for a change!

kawaii - I hated the mountain climbers the most...those can kiss my arse. All the planking positions she had - my poor feeble weak shoulders just could do them!!

rainbow - Don't worry! Just rest up and get better soon!

FatPants - Didn't you say you were going to go to a support group? Because maybe that's what you need right now since you do so well and then trip up frequently. How many times a day are you eating? Perhaps you need to eat 5 small meals throughout the day so you don't feel the need to splurge on food when it's there, because chances are you didn't eat that long ago. Hang in there, pick yourself up and keep going.
I'm on week 3 of the half marathon training now, what about you?

munster - What sort of things were they talking about? I would love to hear that! I would probably laugh at them. Good luck with your efforts to budge that scale down! But remember, you have a sexy flat stomach, so that number doesn't change how you look!

Serbrider - Wow! Some amazing results! Well done!!

Iconised - Oooh, wedding plans! EXCITING! Have you started a half marathon training plan yet? I'm in week 3 of mine!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:43 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, everyone! I just wanted to pop in real quick and say I made 2.8 lbs under my goal for the month!! Woohoo! Also did some measurements and I'm showing a loss there too! So, yay! I will come back with personals later, but I just HAD to express my excitement.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:17 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Okay, I'm back.

Riestrella - Woohoo...shopping! Good job with sticking to your workouts! And I feel guilty too when I have "bad" days. Just get back on track...you'll be fine!

Rainbow - I hope you get to feeling better soon! Drink plenty of fluids!

Serbrider - Congrats on your inches lost!

munster - Glad you finally got some sleep.

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday morning, because I went walking with my friend instead. However, I am planning on meeting another friend at the gym Thursday morning so I should make it there this time. My plan of getting up after DH got ready in the morning actually went well. I had plenty of time to get ready and get DS to school. Of course, it helped that I had things packed the night before.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:23 AM   #26  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

206.5 as of this morning. Wearing a new shirt... feeling great.

sgregg... that's AWESOME. Woohoo!!!

riestrella... that's nice... clothes that fit. I can't wait to be another size down.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:43 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

I think you're right, Riestrella. I'm going to start poking around on the "Chicks in Control" board, too. I'm on week 11!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #28  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Good Morning Ladies!

So this morning I have been drowning myself in water because I weigh in tomorrow morning . I am hoping that I see at least a 155 number! Pray for me lol! On the up side, I already did Insanity for today (5:55am ), which is always my first choice because I hate having to work it in after the gym as the day goes on I just get tired and not into it lol. Went to the gym and did some cardio/abs, and tomorrow I will hit the crazy running intervals and weights. On the workout front, everything is going well. As far as eating goes, I am OP every day, I swear I never eat anything out of my range (I do have 1 "splurge" day, but I stay in loss range while eating things I don't normally during the week) so I really hope to reach that elusive healthy BMI this week! Shaun T only got a teeny tiny bit of abuse this morning since it was Cardio Recovery day but I did get p!ssed when I had to do 2 minutes worth of squat holds/pulses and lunge hold/pulses a piece! Had to be quiet though because everyone was still sleeping haha! Hoping you all are having a great Wednesday, woohoo 2 days to the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serbrider-GREAT JOB ON THE MEASUREMENTS!!!!!!!! That's what really matters because that means you are losing fat! Woohoo! Don't worry too much about the scale it will coincide with the measurements stuff here soon!

Icon-YAY for wedding venues! That is so much fun . Bummer on the long run getting pushed back...I remember trying to find time for that 8-10 mile run and it was always so daunting and difficult to fit it in! You will work it out and do great! Keep it up .

LindsB-Hope you are feeling better soon .

Kawaii-I'm super excited for you that this new diet you are on is having a positive effect on your optimism and outlook! I think that is a great thing . I hope that you don't die hopefully the day will go by fast lol! I am glad I am not the only one who abuses these crazy trainers, it helps me get through the workout lol!

FPSJ-Just jump back on the wagon sister, one binge does not a weight gain make!!!!!!! You CAN do this!

Rainbow-Just keep posting, I hope that you are doing better soon .

Rie-WOW that's amazing on the NSVs!!!!!! I hope that you continue to lose at such a great pace!!! Oh I would be super happy to have free money to buy clothes with lol! Awesome about being faster than mama too . Maybe seeing how great you are doing will motivate her to work harder and make a serious change. You are so amazing that you have great potential to rub off on her! On those girls that were talking, I was in between them again today and I talk with them now since we are all there at the same time, and although I have ABSOLUTELY nothing in common with! They both have very wealthy husbands and stay at home so they have some interesting stories! Anyway it does make cardio go by faster for sure and that is fun haha! I basically just marvel about how different peoples lives/outlooks are the whole time .

sgregg-thanks, I am glad I slept too! I got to sleep again last night too which was amazing! Keep doing the morning gym stuff, it's great to get it out of the way when you have the LOs!

All right ladies! I hope that we all have a great day and that things are going well for everyone! This post has taken me an hour and a half total between DD nap and DS playing outside so phew, finally done! Let's all get down on the scale and sexy for the holiday season!!!

Last edited by munstermommy; 08-31-2011 at 01:45 PM.
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:16 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

heeeey…. where is everybody?! there’s only been like 3 posts since yesterday

so anyways, Thursday here, I feel really good. I am DYING to weigh myself and keep thinking “just one more day!!!”. I feel like I am doing so well so I really hope I see a strong number tomorrow morning.

in other news, today is the first day of classes, and I just had my first class and it bombed totally. imagine teaching a class of zombies… no wait, that’s not a good analogy cuz zombies actually make noise. eh. and after I went through all the trouble of picking a topic I thought they’d like. meh. hopefully that’s just because it’s the first day back… at least my 5-classes schedule got downgraded to 3-classes! that’s better! lol.

FPSJ: noooo! girl…. why?

Rie: I don’t mind the plank moves actually! I can’t stand the jumping… anything with jumps in it is just hard for me… I’m sorry you’re feeling you’re not doing too well with your eating… gonna try and send you some good vibes here! eheheh, shopping nsv’s are the best if you ask me! the best!

sgregg:
congrats on beating your goal! working out with a friend is a good plan! keeps you motivated!

munster:
I’m still amazed that you workout so much… we don’t need to pray for you cuz you are just gonna kill it!! yeah, I feel really good with this new diet and I am waiting to see if I get good scale results so I can start bragging about it! lol. I hope so!!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:09 AM   #30  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Ladies where are we?????????? I hope that everyone is doing okay! I bet everyone is just working out too hard to post lol! Okay weighing in soon, in the morning for me! I am scared lol! Hoping to talk to you all soon .
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote