Old 08-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Good morning! TGIF!!!

So I have to confess that I hadn't gotten on the scale since before my vacation at the end of July and I have gained 2 lbs! Honestly I'm not that shocked considering I had been on a workout break, etc. I am probably lucky that it is not more. I think it just scares me that I won't get it back off even though I've done it before. It also instantly makes me feel like I must look fatter to everyone around me! Eep! Hopefully refocusing with turbofire and tightening up my eating will kick start my metabolism and I won't be feeling this way come Friday of next week!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #47  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I need to pop in somewhere and do a happy dance, so it's gonna be here! Hihi.

I started with the gym about a month and a half ago - and I told my instructor I was in terrible shape, couldn't do a thing and what not. He set me up really easy. I also told him I wanted to have lost 10kg by/in september. He didn't think that be possible. After just a few gym trips I figured out I wasn't that bad - so I cranked it up. And I am going strong! I lost 7kg already (about 15lbs). And today my instructor saw me, and he was the first person to ask me since I started wether I'd lost weight! I was so happy he noticed. Some one noticed! Yay!
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #48  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Good Morning Lovely Ladies!

I hope that you all are having (or had, we are all over the map lol) a great Friday!!!!! loooooooooooove Friday's haha! So I have been lamenting this whole weight not moving thing, so I decided to get the measuring tape out and do the measurements a bit early (I usually do them the last day of the month) and I have lost AN INCH IN MY WAIST. YAY! So I don't mind too much about the weight not moving if my stomach is getting smaller lol! NSV!!!!! I am hoping that I will weigh in at a little less on Sunday but I am happy with the inch loss . Went to the gym this morning with DD, DS was staying at Grandma's house last night (he loves Grandma and Papa, he gets to be the center of attention lol!) so now I have quiet first nap time! Thank goodness hehe! Did the Jacob's Ladder at the gym, that is an evil machine let me tell you, great total body workout! ARC trainer too, and I am doing Insanity after nap time...today is Pure Cardio, which I actually like the most out of the first month DVDs because it doesn't have any intervals, just a long stretch of varying ridiculous exercises lol! I need my zen fix, so that means Shaun T will be getting more abuse today! Here's hoping to a good loss for everyone this week, let's stay OP on the weekend ladies!

Icon-It sounds like you had a blast! Yay for fun things! I am excited for you that the scale is down, keep up the good work . I agree with you on the 5am, it is tough for me to get up to do Insanity at that time, and I just have to walk out to my living room and push "play" lol! You can do it, you are doing so great!

Kawaii-Have you thought of roasting a bunch of veggies in the oven one night and using those for meal additives for the next day or so? You can cut carrots, broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, etc. into chunks, lay them all in a single layer on a sheet pan with salt, pepper, garlic, etc. (whatever seasonings you like) and put them in at 400 degrees for like 15-20 min (flipping once) until they caramelize a little bit and then voila! Yummy veggies that you don't have to tend to much while they cook and then you can just heat them up and throw them in with whatever you do for breakfast? I know this sounds funny, but that is how I cook veggies for me and I do extra since I make my DD her own baby food and she loves them (hers have no seasonings though poor baby lol!). Maybe try that and see? I am glad for your loss, keep it up! And you are right, there is nothing more evil than the scale, I will just have to admit it haha! I think if I get to goal weight with Insanity I just MIGHT stop abusing Shaun T lol (or at least not as much) and if I ever did meet him I probably couldn't speak because I would be embarrassed lol!

HH4L-I think you are on the right track with making the small changes first. Most drastic things will only last a while and won't become a lifestyle change. Start out small, and then increase after you get used to those things. It is like training for a marathon, you don't start out running 20 miles, you start out being able to run for 30 minutes, and then gradually work your way up into longer distances. Don't get discouraged, and maybe take measurements for awhile and don't get drawn in by the evil scale lol! You want to make this a FOREVER change, not just an until-I-am-the-weight-I-want-to-be change. You can do it! We are here for you!

LindsB-you will be back down in no time, TurboFire will kick you back into it! Keep working hard and stay OP and you will be at goal soon!

Philana-Congratulations! That is awesome when someone notices how hard you have been working and that you have results! That is great that you have been doing so well . Keep working hard, exercise is the best thing for you EVER (I am a workout freak, anyone on this board will tell you lol!). Keep pushing, you would be surprised at how much your body can do when you push past your "boundaries". Great job!

Alright lovely ladies, I am done for the morning, I am going to try to watch last night's Project Runway (lol, such a funny addiction, I am the polar opposite of a fashionista lol!). Hope to have a great weigh in after the weekend, and hope you all are doing great!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Hello, everyone. Gosh, it's been a busy week. I have had so much work to do and I'm still not finished. But I've been working on it when I can and I'm getting there. And I guess I'll go ahead and confess...I have not been eating healthy the past 2 days...ugh! But I'm not worried about it because I know I'm going to get back on track. Weekends are always my easy days anyway. I think I'm gonna start just weighing weekly too. I'm gonna finish this month out with daily weighing but starting in Sept. I'll just be doing a weekly weigh-in. I didn't realize how much school was going to affect me and it's only been a week!! Anyway, I've been trying to think about how I can get a workout at the gym in on days I have class. I think if I go ahead and get up early Tues mornings and take a shower before leaving to take DS to school and DD to the babysitter then I could head on to town and stop at the gym before class. I just hate taking a shower before working out, but I won't have a chance after the workout. And I was thinking if I just walk on the treadmill or maybe just work on the circuit machines on Tuesdays then I won't get too terribly sweaty. I don't sweat that much anyway...not stinky sweat anyway. And then Thursdays I have a break after 12:15 that I could use to workout. Anyway, just thoughts flying around up there in that brain of mine. I just know it will probably benefit me if I just try to do something. I know it will definitely help my stress levels.

munster - congrats on your inch!! That's awesome!!!

philana - contrats on your weight loss and also congrats on someone noticing!! Woohoo!!

HH4L - haha...you are going to start weighing in daily and i'm going to start weighing in weekly. I'm glad that you are coming to realize what is going on. It's amazing the things we start noticing when we start keeping track of our weightloss, food, etc.

Kawaii - glad to hear that the scale went down some! What about tomatoes with eggs or sauteed onions and mushrooms or something? But yeah, I'm like you...I just don't want something that's going to take that long in the mornings. I barely have time to grab a banana, much less trying to cook something! I hope you can get some good ideas. Sorry I am not much help. Take any measurements yet?

Rainbow - I don't even know what Carls Jr. is. Haha!!!

Bama - I hate my digital scale too! I wonder if we have the same kind because is all over the place too. I mean, I'm always within the same few pounds but I like to know exact. Haha! I just always count the first number I see in the mornings or I'll be frustrated.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:28 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

*warning incoming rant!*

Why cant i stick to my plan? Its not like its a difficult plan. I'm only trying to make healthy choices and exercise more so why cant i do it?

For as long as i can remember i have been so unhappy with my weight and how i look. I thought i was finally at the point where i HAD to do something - i cant take being like this anymore and yet i still cant make the required effort to shift the podge.
I keep making excuses for myself - too tired (not sleeping more than 4-5 hours broken sleep a night), feeling sick, too busy to exercise etc etc.

Maybe my mum was right - maybe i'm not capable of being thin and happy. Ill always be the girl that's too fat to wear that pretty dress because it makes my arms look fat.

I thought i finally had this cracked and i was going to do it for myself . This time i was going to succeed so why don't i feel like i deserve it enough to give it my all?

I feel like im losing all control just now. I'm swinging from starving myself as punishment for not exercising to exercising so hard i throw up and then eating cake.

How do you ladies keep going? What keeps you positive on days when you just want to crawl under the duvet with a massive bar of chocolate and stay there all day?

Sorry i had to get that all out.
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:01 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

hey all!

it's saturday afternoon here already, and i am having such a lazy day. it's basically my first time in a month being home on the weekend. lol. i got up at 10am, had breakfast, dicke around online a bit... and then i went back to bed! lol. nap time and woke up at 2pm!!! lol. now i'm trying to find the motivation to clean cuz my place is a mess and there are so many things that need to be done. but it feels so good! lol. yesterday i kicked myself in the rear and worked out, and was OP all day, and this morning scale showed a tiny loss
actually it kept hovering between 80.0 and 79.8 which is SO annoying... i really wanna see 79 on there! no more damn 80!!! but anyways, i'll take the 80 so that when it does go down, it can feel like a bigger loss.

i also took my measurements but... apparently i got bigger. :/ i must be doing it wrong or have measured myself differently or not quite in the same spot... meh. this is why i don't like measuring anyways. oh well.

anyhow, hope you all have a lovely weekend! i'm gonna go finish my book now... cleaning can wait. lol.

HH4L: big hugs girl. i know what you mean. motivation is the thing i struggle with the most. it's either there or it's not. once i got it, i can do anything, but if i don't, i fail really easily. my magic number is about 3 weeks. i'll do good for about a month, then get my period and fail. it sounds so sad and pathetic, right? well anyways, maybe you should try to low-carb diet too. it's really helped with my cravings. i mean, carbs and sugar is what gives us cravings, right? but now that i pretty much can't have any, they're all gone. so weird. it's only been like 3 days, but i think as long as i don't stray off path, it will give me good results. good luck!

Linds, sorry to hear you gained 2lbs... but then again, vacations without a little indulgement, suck get right back on that horse, girl!

philana: congrats! 7kg is huge!! i'd be doing a happy dance too! lol.

munster: yay for lost inches! that is a great motivator! maybe you should take pics too? and look at your before and afters? oh, i don't think veggies for breakfast are weird, because in japan people eat fish and rice and soup for bk... used to it. lol. that said, houses here aren't equipped with ovens isn't that sad? so i can't really cook or roast anything... sadness...

sgregg: yeah, i can do all that if it's the weekend, but on weekdays i don't have time/energy to actually COOK breakfast. meh. yeah, it seems so easy to diet while on vacation, but when work/school/real life comes back, it's hard to balance everything! good luck!! and measurements... aaah, it was a big fail i think i'm doing it wrong.

Rechyl, welcome, and oh no! don't listen to your mom telling you crap like that! that's horrible!! we all have bad days... you just need to hang in there and stay strong! i've had a lot of days where i decided to just go to bed at 8pm, because i knew if i stayed up i would just end up eating. also, i don't sleep very well either, and i found that going to bed earlier helps. i dunno what else to say to you but to stay strong!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:44 AM   #52  
say what?

munstermommy - YAY for the inch! It's the best plan when you feel demotivated because of the scale to just start measuring. If you've been on plan, then you will almost ALWAYS see some sort of change. Weight isn't all that we loose (nor gain)

sgregg - oh, that is gonna be tough, settling into college - but I am looking forward to it actually (2more weeks for me), because I think the excercise will give me more brainpower and when I get tired with an essay writing thing I can just go for a run and come back refreshed! Goodluck with it, I am sure you'll do fine! Oh - and your post made me think about daily weigh in. Maybe I will go weekly once Uni starts also. Just to not obsess too much.

Rechyl - you don't know me yet, but I just wanna give you a big HUG! - it's tough when you feel demotivated and like you can't do it. From what I am reading in your post you are really frusterated with not meeting up to your own goals, not doing 'enough' to make a substantial change. But you also say you are sleeping badly and are under stress. So maybe you should redifine what you think is enough. Really - the tiniest change is a step forward. If all out excercise and on plan eating is hard (it's hard for all of us, even with plenty of sleep and super positive mojo flowing through the veins ) then see what you can do that's possible for you at this point.
I don't doubt your commitment, you are here, and you are looking at what you can and can't do. That's more commitment than most people have. So.. find what works, but don't beat yourself up when you don't reach your own high standard. That's really not usefull at ALL. Be nice to yourself!

KawaiiCandle - LOL, I am the same with 'accepting' the number on the scale. I am not making it coun't when it's tiny increments. Only the half or whole kg's count. And that makes me do bigger but fewer happy dances a month, they feel much better though. It also means that I don't let myself stress over a small gain. Hihi

--
I just lost half a kg/1lbs. I got back on plan after a few weeks of only so-so. And with just 2gymtrips, 4days of OP eating and 1c25k run I lost a pound. This is reassuring me that my body is still on the loosing weight mode when I just stick to what works. I am even gonna change up my plan a tiny bit with more intervals.

My current gym trip consists of 15mins bike, 20mins elliptical and 10mins steps and then some weights or core excercises. I want to make the cardio more interval-like, right now it's at the same intensity for most part and it gets boring. I also am doing 'endurance cardio' plenty with my bikerides to work (an hour/ 4 times a week) and my c25k is getting in the range where it's not intervals anymore but just running for long periods of time. So hope the intervals at the gym will give me a boost. I LOVE intervals. LOL.

Last edited by philana; 08-27-2011 at 03:58 AM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:36 AM   #53  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Sorry for the incoming rant ladies, but I feel really emotional and need to let it out somewhere!

I know a few of you might remember about me booking some flights to visit my boyfriend in America for next year, well I did and I was super excited about it. He lives with his parents, and he mentioned that they would be fine with me visiting so I went ahead and booked them.

So when I got an email this morning he basically scolded me for booking the flights, saying I should have waited. THEN he went into this big talk about how his Mum doesn't like me as a girlfriend, and that I need to start emailing her to figure out what her problem is with me. I felt like I've had a 1-2 jab to the stomach and THEN he says "Very excited for you to come here."

I just thought "Well why couldn't you have expressed how excited you were AND THEN talked to me about problems!" I was feeling really good last night since I got the go ahead from the manager, I won a summer incentive at work so I won £50, then I booked the flights and felt really great about visiting and then I get that email basically putting me in my place.

I replied and apologised for jumping the gun about the flights, and then I talked about the Mum situation, then I basically said that any excitement you did show I couldn't take to heart because of the way you told me all the bad things first before saying anything GOOD. I just felt really bummed out, and I had lots to tell him from yesterday but I just didn't have the heart to. I told him I would update him another time.

*sigh* This is where I hate the long distance, because now I have to wait all day for a response. Luckily I'm off today, so I might be able to catch him online later in the day. Was I wrong in getting annoyed? I just hate it when I get so excited and then he doesn't seem to return it or care.

The laptop battery is about to die, so I'll do some personals later. Thanks for listening!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Hey ladies, I am not up to personals right now but I feel like I need to just let out my terrible calorie day yesterday and become accountable. I got pretty drunk last night, first off that was a bunch of wasted calories on vodka, but then get this. We went to McDonald's on the way home and while there, I ate a cheeseburger and a few fries. Not so bad right - until I decided I wanted another cheeseburger to take home and that I should also buy one for my boyfriend (who had gone home earlier) - stupid idea. I get home and the boyfriend reminds me he doesn't like cheeseburgers - so I eat my second cheeseburger AND the one I bought for him. THREE CHEESEBURGERS. Oh. My. God. Seriously, I am pretty disgusted in myself and rightly so.

I got up this morning and logged everything from yesterday and my day came in a little under 3500 calories. I feel bad, but I think it's exacerbated by the fact that this was supposed to be the weekend I started being more aware again during weekends and instead I go way more overboard than I'd been even when I was being a little lax on the weekends!

I'm sorry I didn't do personals, I feel like I will get back on top of them in the new week.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

Thanks ladies for your words of support.
I've not slept properly since the end of January (no known cause) so i tend to get cranky. I do deserve to be healthy and happy i know i do its just overwhelmingly hard at times.

today hasnt been as bad. hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:28 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Hey there!

I am wondering if I was dealing with a little "water weight" situation, because my weight is trending down. I may even potentially meet my (tiny) goal for the month. Yippee!

Even managed to stay within calories (including a night out on a date--I only had 2 glasses of wine.. oo!) for the past few days.

I did my longest run ever yesterday (9 miles) and despite my slow pace, I felt accomplished when I was finished. I have high hopes for the race!

Is it weird that I'm getting WORRIED about the training being over? I feel like I'm going to immediately put all this weight on... even though I never really lost any in the first place by starting the running. Think I'll be ok if I revisit gym classes, plus biking, mixed with running for enjoyment when the urge hits?

Is it even possible to "set the bar too high" so to speak, and get your body overly used to exercise? I don't even know if that makes sense. hahaha.

Still working on coping with the stress of work and studying, but at the moment I'm ok. I got my project essentially finished last night, and have been studying daily and feel somewhat in control of that, too.

Back to work tonight, unfortunately. Oh well... someone's gotta make the $$!
I really, really don't want to have another moment where I eat junk just because it's there in the staff break room. I may have to verbalize it to my coworkers to make me accountable. I just can't do it. It's not worth it!

munstermommy-- Glad the cereal situation is under control! I'm working on having that "fuel" mentality during the week, but the sticky part is social engagements. My friends and I are very much "foodies" and as a result, I can't really just eat for fuel. It's also for pleasure, for enjoyment with friends, etc etc. It's life! I just need to find a way to realize I don't need all that pleasure/enjoyment/etc all at one time. I also need to decide what is worth it, and what isn't. Gourmet food and junky cookies are two very different things, and in my head it's all just sugary yum. So, I'm workin' on that. hahaha. Project Runway is amazing! I'm not a fashionista either, but I love watching them create pretty clothes. The drama factor is entertaining too. Anyway, congrats on losing a whole inch, that is amazingggggg!!! Your workouts are paying off Hope you are kickin' those feet up and relaaxxxiinng!

Icon-- Yep, I agree-- I can do it! Glad you had fun at the show

Kawaii
-- I am huge on plain greek yogurt, it's low sugar and you can jazz it up many ways. Have you checked out the low carb forum? As for low energy issues, not having cable TV has really helped me. I used to waste a LOT of time watching mindless stuff on TV every night, but now I'm too cheap to pay for it hahaha Your relaxation day sounds lovely. Hope you're feeling more peppy soon!

Hothealthy
-- All we can do is learn from these experiences, and keep moving forward. It's so great that you realize that it's a chance to get insight on why it's happening, and not viewing it as a reason to quit. You are WORTH IT! I've been there time and time again; you're not alone. Keep us posted, and remember to be kind to yourself.

LindsB-- Awww 2lb is no biggie, right? Sounds like you have a solid workout plan with runs and TurboFire, so you'll be set in no time with a little dietary tweaking. I promise that nobody has looked at you and thought you immediately look fatter. I am sure you are just as lovely as before!

philana-- Congrats on the compliments! Love that. Your workouts sound solid, too!

sgregg-- Aww I'm so glad school is going well! As for the workouts, in college if I was in a pinch I used to just wipe the sweat off, tie my hair back (it stayed straight after a blowout) and slapped on deodorant, chewed a piece of gum, and went on my way! There won't be enough time to do a quick rinse at the gym before class? Either way, I wouldn't work less hard because of worry about sweat. Wipe it off, spritz, and take pride in your hard work! haha.

rechyl
-- I'm sorry you're struggling! I avoid people who do not support me, so perhaps you need some distance from your mother. You are completely worth it! Take some time to think about what your goals are, what you envision for yourself, and how you want to feel-- NOT just a number, or weight loss. Know what I mean? You're much more likely to succeed if you think about what life changes you want for yourself, not just a number on a scale. Hang in there

Riestrella
-- Umm...forgive me if I'm being too forward, but I just want to say something in your defense. Why is it your job to sort out his mother's issues? I think he's out of line. How can she even dislike you when you're not physically there for her to interact with? I think there's got to be other stuff brewing that needs to be discussed. Take some time in the near future, when you're both free to talk openly, to air it all out. Either way, just remember that you are wonderful the way you are, and even if his mother has problems with you, it does not change your worth. Plus, his mother is NOT him. Don't let her responses taint how you view and feel toward him.

rainbowstripe-- Gaaahh I hate it when I do that! You are preaching to the choir, unfortunately. It does feel so, so terrible the next day. I've been journaling a ton lately, especially after these situations. I write down why I did it, how I felt then, and how I feel now. Alcohol makes it very hard to maintain control, too. I haven't got a solid answer or solution yet.... it's a work in progress! I say you take some time to write out your thoughts, and figure out what was going through your mind. Be kind to yourself, though. My response is always to berate myself and say mean things in my head. But... you'd never do that to a friend who was having a hard time, so why treat yourself like crap? Hope you're feeling better today.

OK gals... time for a 5 mile run and some weights. Then I am going to study and relax a bit until work tonight. Hoping I can keep this good pattern going....

Chat soon!
-FPSJ

Last edited by FatPantsSkinnyJeans; 08-27-2011 at 01:30 PM.
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 210ish/192.2/150

Hey ladies! I had so much fun in Tuscaloosa yesterday! Spent a lot of money that I shouldn't have spent but oh well...Coldstone was awesome! I have to say it was worth every calorie that I ate. I did come back home and went walking last night....not really sure how far I walked since it was on the track and I didn't count how many laps. I just walked and walked while listening to my mp3 player. I know I walked for about 45 minutes though...briskly too...so whatever that is.

I've given myself the day off from weighing in, so I don't really know if yesterday's excursion hurt anything. (I think if I'm weighing in everyday then I'm allowed a couple of free days a month). I'm assuming it couldn't have done very much damage cause after eating lunch and then coldstone later, I wasn't hungry come suppertime and just skipped it all together. Maybe by the time I get on the scale in the morning, it will show that there was absolutely no effect.

sgregg: Who knows! Ha! They may be the same scale! I realize that on another scale I'd probably weigh a little differently...yeah I'd like mine to show exactly what I weigh, but I'd be happy if I just had one that moves. Mine seems to get stuck on a a number and stay there for a few days. I mean like down to the tenth of a lb. It's just crazy....I guess I can't expect much...I got it at dirt cheap

Ok gotta get up and get some things done....I'll talk to you all later! Hope y'all have a good day!
bamagirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #58  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Good Afternoon Ladies!

So today has been interesting . Went to the gym this morning and did those crazy incline/run/sprint intervals which was great. Came home and DS went outside to play with the other kids that live on our street. There is a little boy who is 7 who lives down the street who my 4 year old DS and the 5 year old little boy next door play with. He is MEAN to my DS. DS has no clue really when this little 7 year old is saying mean things to him (he is still too small to realize, plus we are very serious about politeness, respect, etc. in our house) and today I finally had it up to HERE! I went over to the little boy and told him that he would have to just stay home and that he wouldn't be allowed to play and that I didn't want to see him on this end of the street again. I felt kind of bad because I was so angry with a 7 year old (seriously it is strange) but man, mama lion came out! So that was no fun, of course he ran home and told his mommy that mean lady got mad at him so that was super fun too! GRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! Oh the joys of parenthood lol! Ok rant over, sorry had to get that out! On the weight front, I feel much better, and just hope that weigh in next week goes better! Going to hit Insanity after nap time (yay!!!!!!!!) and then going to see The Help with a girlfriend later tonight (wow girls night? I didn't realize those still existed haha). Hope the weekend is going well and we all stay OP or close to it! OOops, DD is crying pretty hard I need to go in with her, I will do personals a little later .
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #59  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

hello everyone! Its sunday here (boo) and i had a massively busy day yesterday, went and looked at a potential wedding venue, went to boardgaming with friends, went to birthday dinner for my boyfriends dad, went home, collapsed xD I dont think i ate the best, but i didnt say screw it and eat everything in site, so im doing better i think. Got down to 65.5 this week so happy about that, hopefully i can keep it up. Weekends still appear to be tricky! Today is a quieter day, going for a long run, then lunch with my parents, then just cleaning the house etc, then play some TF2 maybe

munster- well someones gotta tell that kid its not cool! If only for that kids own benefit, he may not even realise that hes being mean (although at 7? maybe he does)

bama- i think you're allowed a day off too! Sometimes i find that if i think ive done ok and weigh in and it turns out not what i wanted, it is worse than if i didnt weigh in. So you have to pick your battles i guess! Good on you for having fun!

fatpants- congrats on the 9 mile run! Im about to head out and try my first one too, hopefully it doesnt take too long and doesnt kill me. I dont think its weird that you're worried, maybe it would be helpful to come up with a plan for when the training ends? So you know what you are doing and arent left just floating around? I dont think its possible to get overly used to exercise, you just have to keep increasing what you are doing so you are constantly challenging yourself, but maybe you can set the bar too high if you're thinking, ok i gotta set a new world record for the 1000m sprint and i have to do it by next month. That might be too hard

rechyl- what happened around the end of January? Hae you tried to get help for the sleep? Sleep is a big part of what i do for a job, but sometimes i get over excited and people are like, actually i dont want help with this right now xD Also, what is your plan? Lots of people are like "ok im going to change everything and be perfect and as long as i do that i'll be ok" but actually, no one can change their whole life around in one day and the people who manage to keep going usual made little changes gradually. You DO deserve to be happy and healthy. Swinging from starving and exercising so hard you throw up, to eating lots and not exercising is probably not helping you to feel happy

rainbow- this is exactly why you are logging things! You are being more aware! Because before, i know i would have done this, i would have totally minimised that and been like, well it was probably around 2500 calories, not that bad, omg why arent i losing? So its good! You're doing well!

rie- that sounds so hard And its hard to get a sense of tone too from emails. Did you know there was a problem with the mum? My first response was "well, why doesnt he go figure that out??" but i get a bit defensive like that sometimes

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 08-27-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #60  

Height: 5'9''

Munster, congratulations on losing the inches! That is a great result so don't be worried about scale Ooohh, I envy you on the Jacobs Ladder....I am actually not a big fan of cardio machines, they bore me, but I believe the ladders would be to much of a challenge to have time to think about such thing And I heard that The help is a really fun movie, I hope you have a good time Thanks a lot for your encouraging words, it means a lot to be in a such supportive community.

Sgregg have you considered working out at home in the morning? That way you could get a shower after the workout. You can find many workout videos on torrent. I am also really concerned about starting college. I'll have to travel 1.5h to the place and back every work day so I am planing to workout first thing in the morning too, but the thing is I am really cranky when I get up....so we'll see how that goes.....

Kawaii yes, I heard about those properties of low carb diets, but honestly I look at it as of a quick fix. I can't be on low carb forever, and I will have to change my lifestyle anyway so I'm thinking of going straight into it. Yaaay for your loss! Tape measurements sometimes confuse me to - how to put that tape at the same place every time?

FPJS thanks a lot. It really helps seeing that other people have difficulties too, that I am not the one who is a weakling. Congrats on the 9 miles, that's awesome!

Well, I am currently doing nothing about weight loss. I am traveling in a day and a half so I spent the whole day in preparation - buying some neccessary stuff, getting things done, starting to pack.... However when I was in a shop today, trying some clothes on, I was standing at a weird angle and than I noticed that I have fat on my ankles. I never noticed it before...and I thought to myself ˝Gosh, I am really fat. I really need to do something about it. And I need to be smarter this time around.˝ Frankly, I consider myself being a bit pathetic on this....how the heck is losing weight such a riddle? But I am not giving up, that's for sure. No, I am going to find a way that works for me.
Now matter how many times I failed and how much struggle is ahead of me. I'm going to quote KimL's signature ˝I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl˝. Cause I feel that way. I also found my motto: ˝It's hard to beat a person that never gives up˝.
hotHealthy4life is offline   Reply With Quote