Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Everyone,

Please double check your chart and spreadsheet information. I moved a lot of stuff around and deleted a lot of people. I think I fixed all the glitches but please check it out. I apologize if I accidentally deleted some data.

Also I think we're finally winding down to our core group. I deleted 29 people and only 45 of the remaining 63 weighed in this week. Hopefully you missing people will come out of hiding . I know it's tough to stick with things during this time of the year. Remember that anything you can do is better than giving up and eating without abandon.

Thanks,

Scarlett

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~*Reference*~

Googledocs spreadsheet link …………...……………… pg 1 post 1
Baseline Chart ……………………………..……….……….… pg 11
Week 1 Chart ……………………………..………….………… pg 19
Week 2 Chart ……………………………..………….………… pg 24
Week 3 Chart ……………………………..………….………… pg 28

~*Quote of the Week*~

“How you think about a problem is more important than the problem itself. So always think positively.” - Norman Vincent Peale

~*Biggest Loser*~

FassGal

~*Honorable Mention*~

lop92 & reese121077

~*Dean's List*~

FassGal
Lop92
reese121077

~*5% Star*~

none

Last edited by Scarlett; 09-23-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Sorry i missed the weigh-in....working on grad school applications and studying for GRE on sunday.

my pityriaisis rosea got worse, and i haven't exercised in nearly a month due to my skin condition. i hope things get better.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 211.4/173.0/150

Height: 5'7"

Oops. I forgot to post my Thursday weigh-in.

Baseline: 173.0
Week 1: 171.8
Week 2: 171.2
Week 3: 173.2
Week 4: 172.6
Old 09-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #469  

Belia - no worries on a great week. Good luck with the GREs, I took them in Feb and I remember how crazy it made me. If your taking them at a computer testing center don't expect to get in when you're supposed to. I had something like a 1:30 testing appointment and didn't get a seat until hours later. I was irritated and starving by the time I sat down to take it. They also searched me like I was a criminal. Wouldn't even let me take my lucky penny in. I'm SO happy it's OVER!!! Good Luck

Caitbeth
- no worries, glad you're still around .
Old 09-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #470  

S/C/G: 196/154.4/130

Height: 5'2

Sorry Scarlett. I took a weight, but never put it in the chart. It's in there now.

Last edited by petitefleur; 09-24-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #471  

S/C/G: 254.8 / 210.2 / 135.0

Height: 5'2

I swear I don't know where my head is at. I guess I'm in too many challenges. So, I'll just update the charts on ONE day each week since I can't seem to remember all of them on their respective days. Sorry, Scarlett.

I was 219.4 this week.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #472  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

Sigh, I've been a bit on and off plan this week and lost less than a pound. But I did have a fun night out with friends (far too many beers), and other than that made good choices, so I'm not really beating myself up. I'm feeling better about the weight loss all around this time since I'm not setting myself up to feel like I'm "missing out", even if it ends up being a bit slower.

And hey, the next morning after a beer binge I usually end up weighing less due to the massive dehydration.. Ok, I realize that doesn't really count.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #473  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

My weight has stalled but I am losing inches.. I am assuming that is from going to the gym and building new muscle.. I wish the weight would drop too..
Old 09-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #474  

Petitefleur & jumelle no worries glad you guys are still around.

This morning I did a 5 mile walk-a-thon in humid weather. Then I came home and jogged another 2 miles in order to keep up with my 5K training schedule. 7 miles total = I'm pooped. My eating today could have been better though. I ate a few too many carbs and a DQ mini-blizzard as a treat. I can live with the eating though, I didn't go too overboard. Hopefully I don't feel like death in the morning .
Old 09-25-2011, 05:34 AM   #475  

WTH? My weight is up even more, my TOM is over and my diet was really good yesterday.. What is going on here? There is no way this is a legitimate gain.. Could it be my muscles retaining water because I do pilates regularly now? This is so discouraging I was hoping to get to my mini goal until Friday (I almost got there too) But this morning I'm 4lbs (!!!!!!) heavier then my ticker.. I'm so sad because I don't understand what the problem is
Old 09-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #476  

S/C/G: 177/137/122

Height: 5ft 4in

I totally forgot about this! It just came to me yesterday while I was driving. I guess that's what happens when you don't visit the site for a week. I will definitely post a weigh-in this week!

I started online dating, which I never thought I would do. But I never meet new men in my day-to-day life so I bit the bullet. Which led to drinks with a few and all sorts of compliments from a bunch of people and a difficulty feeling the urgency to lose weight like before. I also made up with a friend so since Wednesday I have gone drinking (heavily) 4 nights and ate out 3 days in a row. I have not logged food consistently since before my surgery and have not been making great eating choices. I seem to be bouncing around the same numbers, but I know if I don't make some changes it will start to go up. Now to find some motivation.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #477  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Woo hoo! Caught back up to my ticker and surpassed it by 2 lbs! Finally!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #478  

TOM came this morning. For me this is a NSV because I deal with PCOS. Therefore TOM is a good thing. When I eat right, stay away from simple carbs and get my exercise in, it usually comes. This is literally a month to the day after my last one so hopefully things are becoming more regular. It means my body is getting healthier and my hormones are normalizing (sorry if this is TMI). I'm hoping it results in a decent loss this week .

I laid out an ambitious training schedule for my 5K next Sat. I completed my run for today and have now run 5 days in a row. It feels great to actually be sticking with my schedule. This is exactly what my stalled running progress needed. After being in the same place fitness wise for the past 2 months, it feels great to progress and become re-energized about running. I feel fitter than ever and cannot wait for the race on Sat .

Also, I'm getting a new drivers license tomorrow. Can't decide how much I want to lie about my weight

Khat - That sounds super frustrating. It could be a lot of things (as you mentioned) keep your head up and don't give in. It sounds like the crazy fluctuations we all unfortunately need to go though. This too shall pass .

Paloma - It's great to hear from you. Congrats on dating. I know it can be tough to take the first step and put yourself out there. I know exactly what you mean. I am totally doing this for myself and for the right reasons but…… there is absolutely nothing like getting positive attention from the fellas. As long as you catch yourself before things get too bad and hang on to your progress it's all good.

LGW
- congrats on the two pound loss. I know you've been posting about being stuck for awhile. It's such a great feeling to see a loss, after holding for weeks. Enjoy it.

Last edited by Scarlett; 09-25-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #479  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Hugs to all. Checking in to start the week. To those of you struggling, here is wishing you a better week. To those meeting your non-scale goals...hooray. I'm trying to get in the exercise and did 2 walks this week for a goal of 3. So I'm good with that. To those of you hitting your intended loss targets...fabulous. And to those of you who are breaking plateaus...way to go!

I don't know where my inspiration is coming from but I seem to be in a "hurry to get There from Here" although every day Here gets a little more bearable as I get a little lighter.

So, group hugs and good wishes for this week! We got this! Donna
Old 09-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #480  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouslyYours View Post
Why can't it be helped? All you have to do is NOT eat rubbish and make healthier choices. Exercise is maybe a bit more difficult, but if you're on your feet all day, you're probably getting some anyway. And if you sit all day, start doing exercises in your chair from work. I'm sorry, I'm not picking on you, I just really think sometimes we all (myself included) need a bit of a reality check.

There's still a full week left in September, let's end it on a good note!
I'm afraid I don't see how I can make healthy choices with the time I have at the moment - I can't think of anything substatial that doesn't require a good amount of time to prepare, and I simply cannot get through a 15 hour day eating nothing but raw vegetables.

Unfortunately for my health - I'm very much a desk-based job, so not on my feet all day. I'm intruiged as to any decent exercise I could legitimately do in the office that would allow me to continue concentrating on my work whilst working up a sweat?

Sorry - I don't mean to sound defensive, but a reality check is something I'm not sure I can handle right now - I'm not good at working an 80-hour week and staying sane...
Closed Thread