Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 05:44 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I love hearing that some of you created accounts to join this challenge. Welcome.

JediMS - you don't need to be in your 20s. There were a few people in the last challenge who admitted to being "overage" and it was fine. We don't ask for a birth certificate This challenge sort of started by accident at the beginning of the summer. There was a thread here about wanting to lose some weight before school started. Then I offered to make some charts (thinking i'd only be like 8 people) and it sort of went viral. This forum is a nice home. It's a little more secluded than some of the other forums and the energy is a little younger. Welcome.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Urrrghh I have NO idea where my starting weight is going to be. I'm going to post on Thursday as I'm sticking to the same days as before - gives me a little time to right the wrongs of the weekend.

I have gone from 146 to 138 and back up to 143 in less than 2 weeks, and I'm starting to get realllly fed up. I've had 3 days with no exercise and the guilt is killing me, so I'm determined to make up for it this week, and I saw such a difference sticking to my diet and exercise plan last week. I KNOW I can do this.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:14 AM   #93  

S/C/G: pounds lost: 8.9 of 52.5

Hello again! Just checking back in. I am so excited for this challenge to begin. I'm finding just the idea of sharing a starting weight has been helping me overcome some obstacles these last few days. Clearly this challenge is going to be a great motivational tool for me!

Themilesawaygirl - You still have a few more days before that weigh in, you CAN do this! : )
Old 08-23-2011, 11:24 AM   #94  

themilesawaygirl - just stay positive and stick with it. I know you struggled a bit with the last challenge but managed to complete it and weighed slightly less at the end. I have a feeling that since you got though the first one and are still going, things will come together now. You got it all out of your system and something will just click and you'll do really well this time around

also,

OMG 64 PEOPLE!!!!!

last challenge we started with 41 and had 20-30 for most of it. I'm super excited and will have my work cut out for me giving out all those stars . Can't believe this thing a few people from the old thread started on a whim in May has grown so much. SO EXCITED!!! (though I could seriously use a life )

Last edited by Scarlett; 08-23-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 216/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi! I will like to join this challenge. it will be my first. I dont really know what exactly the challenge is but I feel like it would encourage me to know that I have to weight in every week and I will LOVE to see those numbers go down. I tried adding my name and weight on the list but it doesnt save, maybe I'm not even supposed to do that LOL

Can someone please add me? LOL My starting weight is 199.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

I'm in. I have been off track for far too long. Now that I'm comfortable with being vegetarian (with a vegan emphasis) I think I can handle this. YAY!
Old 08-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #97  

FatSinceBirth - your in the spreadsheet. It saves automatically. Also the challenge is really simple. You weigh in every week (for 12 weeks), I post weekly charts and give out "stars" for different milestones. Last challenge everyone got kind of into the stars. It was just something silly and stupid for motivation. If you want to, you can post how your doing thoughout the week. Hope you enjoy it .
Old 08-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
You weigh in every week (for 12 weeks), I post weekly charts and give out "stars" for different milestones. Last challenge everyone got kind of into the stars. It was just something silly and stupid for motivation.
Reminds me of Rachel from Glee. She loves her gold stars!
Old 08-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
themilesawaygirl - just stay positive and stick with it. I know you struggled a bit with the last challenge but managed to complete it and weighed slightly less at the end. I have a feeling that since you got though the first one and are still going, things will come together now. You got it all out of your system and something will just click and you'll do really well this time around

also,

OMG 64 PEOPLE!!!!!

last challenge we started with 41 and had 20-30 for most of it. I'm super excited and will have my work cut out for me giving out all those stars . Can't believe this thing a few people from the old thread started on a whim in May has grown so much. SO EXCITED!!! (though I could seriously use a life )

I'm SUPER excited about this part deux of the challenge too! But seriously, Scarlett, with this new system, we can auto input our weights and hopefully you won't use too much of your free time to update us all.

About the stars thing, I hope that it won't be too much for you to handle, but do whatever you feel you want to do. No pressure. If stars is too much, then we can always just look at the numbers and pat ourselves on the back.

My point is, I want you to have a life. This forum is great, but your life is outside of this forum, and you should enjoy it with whatever free time you have.

But as always, Thank you for your help in helping us keep track. You really deserve all the best that this challenge can offer, which is support, friendships, and accountability.

I CAN'T FOR WED/THUR WEIGH-IN! WOOO HOOO!!!!!

(I lost weight this AM!!)
Old 08-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #100  

Belia - Your so sweet

IMO "support, friendships, and accountability" sums up the challenge quite nicely.

I just meant that how excited I am about this challenge shows I don't have much of a life. It was meant in a tounge in cheek type way

I don't think managing it will be bad at all. The spreadsheet will help alot. I now know how to do the powerpoint stuff very well because of the last challenge. Also I'm going to be a little stricter about not re-doing charts to include people who weighed in late. It's all good, I'm looking foward to it.

I think many people do alot more to motivate themselves to lose weight than spend a 1-2 hours a week putting some powerpoint stuff together. Being the "secretary" and having no way out really pushed me last challenge. I'm now in ONEderland for the first time since Winter 2008. Knowing that 60+ people are counting on me to finish the challenge will offer crazy accountability.

Also I LOVE the stars. They were your idea. It's just so much fun to get a star. It brings you back to third grade haha. They definately stay!!

Last edited by Scarlett; 08-23-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I can't wait to start this! This will definitely give me some accountability for everything that I consume, since I know people will be seeing what I am doing! What day of the week are weigh ins? Super excited about this
Old 08-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #102  

Whenever you want as long as it's in the spreadsheet by the deadline. Baseline weight needs to be in by 8/25. You can add it later if you really want to though (it just won't be in the first chart) because we're accepting new people until week 2.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I'm now in ONEderland for the first time since Winter 2008.
^^ This put a smile to my face reading this! ^^

Quote:
Also I LOVE the stars. They were your idea. It's just so much fun to get a star. It brings you back to third grade haha. They definately stay!!
The Stars motivate me. I'm always like, hmmmm, maybe I can lose just a bit more for dean's list or honor roll! This does remind me a bit like grade school but it's fun!!!

Last edited by Beila; 08-23-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #104  
Never, never, never quit.

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Weighed in this morning at 161.1. I've been hovering around this number for the last 10 days, I hope it changes soon!

Wow! It's great to see so many people in the challenge. It's only going to make me work that much harder!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 225/219.5/180

Height: 5'4"

Oh! I totally need something like this! And I definitely think that the star system will help to motivate me even more.

I just tacked my name and weight on at the end, since I wasn't sure how to put it in alphabetically.
Closed Thread