well, the first time i was here i lost 70 pounds...

• Welcome back to me! in 08-09 i used this marvelous site before i got married to drop 70 pounds! for my wedding day i was teetering on 200, sometimes falling into onederland for just a bit tho 200 was not my ideal weight, it was miles better than the 270s i started at!

so now, almost 2 years later, i am an old married lady (28), haha.
    and im 20 pounds heavier

so at 220 i decided that enough is enough, no more excuses, time to drop some of this crap! i had a friend lose 45 doing the 17 day diet, and starting tomorrow i will be on this as well.

just wanted to reintroduce myself and see if any of you have done this diet? suggestions? well wishes? haha
  • Hi there, and welcome back!!! And even though you gained back 20 of the pounds you lost, keeping off fifty is no small feat

Just out of curiosity, what is the 17 day diet, I've never heard of it? (Granted, I suppose I could just google it )
  • its a 4 phase diet....first phase is unlimited lean proteins and unstarchy veggies, 2 yogurts and 2 fruits before 2pm, a cup of unsweetened green tea with each of your 3 meals, and 64oz of water...in a nutshell!

the next phase adds in some carbs but limits lean proteins

third phase adds more stuff, but intake is limited again

and i think phase 4 is just the long term general controlling what you eat for life kinda thing.

i clearly havent researched that much beyond phase one, haha.
    but yeah, every 17 days you move to the next phase. if you make it to 4th phase and havent lost enough, move back to phase one!
  • Welcome back! We were probably here together back then (I just recently came back as well).

I haven't tried that diet, but I've seen some people in these forums and in real life getting results from it. It seems like it has a nice built-in transition to maintenance, which is often the hardest part for people!

Good luck!
  • yeah hopefully it will get me more accustomed to REAL foods. more homecooked meals and veggies, etc. i have already found that i like greek yogurt! its delish and i hear that the plain version can work as a good substitute for mayo with tuna/egg/chicken salads! im already learning! haha
  • I've never heard of that diet either, but it sounds like a great way to get the lifelong skills under your belt for maintenance. You'll have to keep us posted on how it goes for you!
  • Quote: i have already found that i like greek yogurt! its delish and i hear that the plain version can work as a good substitute for mayo with tuna/egg/chicken salads!
    Yes, I do that! The texture is great even with just yogurt, but I find that adding a little mustard (if you like it) covers up the yogurty tanginess so it tastes really awesome. And since greek yogurt tastes and feels a lot like sour cream, it works well for that too - I mix it with salsa and use that as a salad dressing.
  • Welcome back, and congrats on keeping fifty off! You'll have to let us know how that plan works; I'm curious!
  • good idea with the sour cream too! love it!
    thanks for the encouragement guys
  • Hey sarasynthesis
    I'm starting the 17 day diet too- it seems like a very 'non-diet' kind of diet, if you know what I mean? It seems very real and do-able, which I like.
  • I just need to tell you my story is EXACTLY the same. I came here 2 years ago at 274, lost 75 lbs before I got married, then a year later here I am 25 lbs up and finally (after trying a few times) I'm BACK into it. Welcome back to you
  • Welcome back! I am in the same boat as you. Used this site to lose 45lbs. Kept it off for a year, then slowly gained it all back and then some. Now I am back, already lost 25! Love this site
  • nicollem, i was exactly at 274 also!! so weird!
  • Have you been doing the 17day diet? It looks like whatever you're doing is working for you with 9 lbs down! Woohoo!
  • yeah! 17 day diet is workin well for me! it sucks not having sugar or bread really.....but -9 pounds is totally worth it! its been this will be the 5th day im on it, and i have BARELY cheated like twice. i know a lot of it is water weight, but i can totally keep doing this for another 2 weeks or so til phase 2.