Anyone else trying to lose a person?

You're on Page 5 of 12
Go to
  • Enough of the birthday cake talk! LOL. (Mmmmn chocolate frosting...)

Does anyone check out clothing sites in sizes you can't ft into now to pick out a "dream outfit"? As in, when I look friggin HOT I am going to wear...

Mine: http://www.simplydresses.com/popups/...961&imgindex=2

I swear I'd (finally) get married in it...I don't care if it would look scandelous for such an occasion lol.
  • I hate to admit it, but I tell all my friends to watch out because once I hit my goal weight I am going to wear a completely scandalous outfit just cause I can!!!!!!
  • Lol I'm guilty of that! I have a few outfits pinned to my bedroom door that I see every time I walk out of my room to give me that extra little bit of motivation. I'm worried that I'm going to be one of those people who just wants to flaunt everything because I've never been able to wear the type of clothes I really want to wear. Hopefully I'll be tasteful lol.
  • @sheramama The dress is to die for! It's too cute!

@MaddyOnAMission That dress is hot! It's like a got getter club dress!

I've thought about the hot outfit I'd like to wear most are on the victoria secret's web site (those women annoy me sometimes). But it would just be nice to go into a store that isn't torrid and buy something in a Large or Medium and have it fit without bulges!
  • My highest was around 338. That number scared the crap out of me and I immediately started back on a plan. Over the past year I've lost 30lbs, which means I had 188lbs to lose, and now it's just around 150. I have to lose more than my goal weight of 150! I try to not think about the sheer enormity of it and focus on little steps...5lbs at a time.
  • Hey everyone!! How was your weekend? Mine was busy, I didn't have time to get on here. Friday I went and saw the final Harry Potter movie = awesome! Saturday...what did I do...? Oh yea, went to the mall for a bit to walk around, and went to see Water for Elephants later on. Sunday I went down to the river with some friends and played in the water...it was so nice! Got a little bit of a tan going on now, maybe my vitamin D is up finally lol.

I have my second interview with an insurance company that I REALLY want so keep me in your prayers please! :-) Other than that...not much else to report yet. I had a few unexpected bills come up so my start date might be pushed back another week *humph*. I gotta make sure I can afford to change how I eat before I even start because nothing is more discouraging to me to start and then not be able to afford healthy food choices and have to stop. I'd feel defeated, so I'm avoiding that all together and won't start til I know I can go all the way. isn't it sad how junk food is so much cheaper than healthy foods? By junk I don't just mean candy and chips, but like pasta, and any processed foods as opposed to veggies and fruits and lean meats. Ugh!

I hope everyone has a Happy Monday! And welcome to everyone else that joined us...we are gonna get these people off our backs for good! hehe
  • @MaddyOnAMission GIRL I'm the SAME way, I've actually already bought an outfit that is my MOTIVATION for the end of the summer (: and If we keep this up, we'll SO be bikini ready by next year (:
  • i saw the new HP too and loved it!! i cheated and had about 7 pieces of movie theater popcorn too! i went to my cousins grad party yesterday and was pretty good there.... im down 9lbs in about 5 days doin my thing, so im pretty pumped
  • Quote: i saw the new HP too and loved it!! i cheated and had about 7 pieces of movie theater popcorn too! i went to my cousins grad party yesterday and was pretty good there.... im down 9lbs in about 5 days doin my thing, so im pretty pumped
    Wow, go girl!!!
  • I have been looking up info on that 17 day diet...I like what I've read! I might do a full cycle of this and then get my wonderslim program and come back to this as a transition to lifetime maintenance.

Did you find the first week tough?
  • I had a great weekend! Spend sometime with the BF and went for a 3 mile hike on Sunday. I am dying to see the new HP movie. I think I might go this weekend. Glad everyone is doing well. Hoping to break into the 230's this week. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

MsModelSara-I will definitely be praying for you to get the job!!!!! Good luck and keep us posted
  • Just wanted to say I thought I could never do the impossible & lose over half myself~But I did I lost 135 pounds (a person) & started at more or less 260~Anyways~START STRONG & STAY STRONG & BEFORE U KNOW IT You will be like me & find out the IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE~!!!!! GOODLUCK!
  • Lovelymuse: Thanks! I think it will be a surprise for my guy...and then I get to break out the tiny club clothes from back in the day (which somehow are still in style-whew) and go out with the girls.

It's sad how much clothes I've hoarded over the years in sizes from 5 to my current 20. Right now I am concentrating on fitting into a pair of jeans I havent been able to button in 2 yrs. THere was this outfit I wore for my guys 21st bday bash (10 yrs ago) that I want to be able to fit into by this time next year: size 5 denim mini and a black stetch camisole that was see through once it went on...(Though back then I was able to go braless...wait til you all have kids). I'll be 30 then and can't really wear that stuff anymore, it will be nice to fit into it

MsModelSara: good luck on the job interview. Knock 'em dead!
  • KittyKat - that's so great ur bf does stuff like that with you! It much be a wonderful support since I know so many people wish their significant other would be more supportive. :-) The new HP is definitely worth seeing! And I'm sure you have your weight loss in the bag, get it girl! hehe And thank you for the prayers!!

Lori - wow!!! You are an inspiration, what an incredible weight loss!!!! How did you lose it and how long have you been maintaining your loss? When I feel like giving up, I will deff remember you..it CAN be done!!

sheramama - I feel you on the hoarding of clothes. I have a whole bin of my skinny clothes I refused to get rid of even tho I can even fit my legs into them. They range from size 6 - 8; and I can't wait to pull them out and even have to get rid of them because they are too big! Even at a 6 I could stand to lose a few lbs...so hopefully I surpass my size 6 goal :-D. I need to pull out my favorite jeans and hang them on my door as a daily reminder ...

And thank you as well for the good luck! :-)
  • Ugh...glad that's over with
    So, I'm up early bout to putter around and start getting ready for my interview and then work and decided to do my official weigh in and I', 5 lbs heavier than what I thought I was :-( So I updated my stats and ticker. I had a feeling I was a bit heavier, I hadn't weighed myself in who knows how long. But at least I got it out of the way.

I decided that today I am going to start a makeshift Wonderslim protocol so I don't have to keep delaying my start date just because I don't have the product here. I have 1 1/2 bags of ********** protein mix here from when I went on a P90X bender awhile back. Gave up on that real quick lol...but kept the ********** cuz it's good, I just never used it much except the occasional protein drink. But what I'm going to do is 4 shakes split up over the day and eat a healthy meal for dinner. I'll vary the shakes, maybe add frozen fruit to make it thicker. It's thick on it's own by mixing just water to it...sometimes I can't even finish one serving it's so filling. Plus this protein powder has tons of vitamins and nutrients since it's basically a whole foods shake anyway so I won't feel deprived at all. I'll fill in snacks of fruit during the day if I feel hungry. So I'll keep my calories in the 800-1200 calorie range untill I get my Wonderslim and stay on that plan which is around 1000/ day I think. I'm tired of waiting!!! :-) So today is my start day to the new me!!!!!!

I'm hoping my interview goes as well as I feel it will. I had my first interview last week. Today is basically to meet the rest of the IT team, I'm gonna use that as a decision maker on whether or not to accept an interview at another company. I'm SO glad the IT industry is picking up here because next month I'll have to start paying back my student loans! lol And the job offers are finally rolling in...it's amazing how things work out. :-)