Old 07-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

Default Wendy Bearden aka 'tree trunk woman'

I'm reading a story about a woman called Wendy Bearden. She's 25 years old 5'6" tall wears a size 42 dress and has a bmi of 98. She also WANTS to reach 70 stone (980lbs) and she's actually proud of it!! Her plan is to be the worlds fattest woman.

Her calves are apparently 4ft around, thighs are 6ft around, butt is 9ft around, her belly is 12ft around. She says that anyone who says she's a bad influence is jealous. Another quote is "Doctors tell me I'm risking my health being so large but I am fine."

I'm all for body confidence and loving yourself the way you are, but not at the expense of your health, this type of eating disorder is as damaging as anorexia and bulimia. I just hope she realises in time exactly what she's doing to her body and chooses her health and a long life over the money she says she's earning by being that big
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Stories like this break my heart.

There is another woman, Donna Simpson is her name I believe, and she is striving for 1,000 pounds. I think she weighs somewhere in the 600s, but I'll have to look it up. The sad thing about her is that she has two children, and she is just eating herself into an early grave.
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #3  

I can understand why people end up like this, as at my biggest I would delude myself into thinking that I looked ok, and that I was happy with my size, I wouldn't change because people told me to, I didn't have health problems etc.
When in fact I couldn't go up the stairs without getting out of breath, I was eating because I was unhappy, and I was seriously putting my health at risk and I was 246lbs at my heaviest, nowhere near 980lbs. It breaks my heart that she's killing herself, and putting a stop to any kind of happy, healthy life, with children, an active career and social life, reliant on people to look after you. Its very sad.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/131.5/125

Height: 5'3"

Wow. That is unbelievable...
nikkinouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #5  
alma de la cruz

S/C/G: 195/193/160

Height: 5'1

Question just wondering

Where can i make one of the those weight loss reach goals lil calendar things that you all have on the bottome of your posts?
almadlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #6  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

once you are 20 days old and have over 25 posts you can go to any weight tracker site and create one then you stick the bb code in your signature. the calender as in writing is done by hand in the signature which you get after 20 days of active and 25 posts.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsobelRose22 View Post
I can understand why people end up like this, as at my biggest I would delude myself into thinking that I looked ok, and that I was happy with my size, I wouldn't change because people told me to, I didn't have health problems etc.
When in fact I couldn't go up the stairs without getting out of breath, I was eating because I was unhappy, and I was seriously putting my health at risk and I was 246lbs at my heaviest, nowhere near 980lbs. It breaks my heart that she's killing herself, and putting a stop to any kind of happy, healthy life, with children, an active career and social life, reliant on people to look after you. Its very sad.
I couldn't have said it better! Her mindset is just as dangerous as it is if she was someone struggling with anorexia. I can't help but feel like there just isn't as big of a stigma - even though there should be! You won't find as many articles being run of women trying to compete for the Thinnest Woman Alive title - because the writer/reporter would get bombarded. What's the difference here? So sad..
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:43 PM   #8  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

I really can't comprehend what this woman's goal must be.. is she looking to get so big for bragging rights? It's so strange to see a mentality like that in our society that consists mostly of people trying to do the exact opposite.
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:20 AM   #9  

almadlc-go into user cp, then click on edit signature, there should be a weight loss tracker at the top of the page if you click on it and follow the instructions.

I wouldn't say that there isn't as much of a stigma, because there is, but I can't help but feel that when I read these articles (the few i've seen) that people are a bit disgusted by it and treat it as a bit of a joke (like the press nicknaming her 'tree trunk woman') it's cruel and encouraging her to eat even more. Whereas if a story about an anorexic or bulimic came out there would be a wave of sympathy and people wanting to help. You just don't get that when you're overweight.

I remember when I was at my biggest, the looks of judgement I used to get from total strangers when I ate chocolate or crisps in public was unbelieveable, it was either that or I was completely invisible.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:23 AM   #10  

pinksparkles-she puts pictures of herself on the internet and makes a **** of a lot of money from men paying to see them.

but other than money, reading what she says she seems to have convinced herself that she's happy, confident, and healthy the way she is.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 154/130/125

Height: 5'5''

amazing world...
RudeImp is offline   Reply With Quote