Favorite Exercise??

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • ZUMBAAAAA!!!

I am a full on Zumba fan! have just brought it for my wii and have the dvds and toning sticks. Anything dance basedis good for me
  • I'm a Jillian Michaels addict! I praise her to the point where I probably sound like I'm getting paid to do so. I'm always very short on time - I'm a full time online student, I'm a mommy to a very curious and energetic toddler, I have a house to keep clean, and I spent a lot of time taking care of my stepfather and my grandmother - and her workouts are quick and effective. They work better for me than anything else that I've ever tried. My current favorite is probably her Yoga Meltdown, but the 30 Day Shred will probably always be my go to.
  • Favorite exercise for the past year has been zumba. The group classes, dvds and video game are all good/fun workouts. Right now, I'm using the dvds and Kinect game at home. I bought Keli Roberts' 10 Minute Solution: Kickbox Bootcamp dvd over 5 years ago and I still like & use it. This woman puts you to work! The dvd is split into five 10-min workouts
  • I hear so many great things about Zumba, I may have to try it out! Are there any DVDs that are worth getting for it? I can't afford classes =(.

I'm a runner here, but if I did have access to a pool swimming would be another favourite. Minus all the chlorine, bleh, that I could live without! But I've gotten the best results of weight loss with running so that's up there!
  • Riestrella... I wish I could be a runner. Never have liked it though, although I am over weight with asthma which makes it hard, so maybe one day....

My brother in law is a runner. This april he ran the Boston Marathon, and I watched as those men just crushed the world record, it was AMAZING!! One day I would like to be able to run, I am hoping once the weight comes off I can start.
  • I would love to do some swimming, but I haven't figured out how to convince the gym to clear the pool and locker area while I'm out and about in a suit.

Also I can't swim straight to save my life (unless I'm doggie paddling) so the whole "lane" thing never worked out very well. (plows through a pre-school swimmers class doing the backstroke)
  • Quote: Riestrella... I wish I could be a runner. Never have liked it though, although I am over weight with asthma which makes it hard, so maybe one day....

My brother in law is a runner. This april he ran the Boston Marathon, and I watched as those men just crushed the world record, it was AMAZING!! One day I would like to be able to run, I am hoping once the weight comes off I can start.
    Don't let weight stop you!!! I've been running and it's helping with weight loss!! You can train at any size!!!
  • Turbo Fire/Turbo Kick/Turbo Jam are my faves.

I also love Belly Dancing and Yoga.
  • Quote: I am in LOVE with spin class!!! Amazing!
    Me too. I've just discovered it. To take off my socks and see how sweaty they are (sorry!) really shows me how hard I've worked.

I rotate between three exercises:
    1 - doing a 5km interval walk/jog on the treadmill, varying my speed and incline but always fighting to reduce my time. (45mins)
    2 - spin class (45mins)
    3 - interval training, 10-15mins on cross trainer, 10-15mins on rower, 10-15mins on treadmill (45mins)

I normally do two of these three in a week and walk a mile or so a day.

This week I'm doing 4 work outs - 1 x interval, 2 x spin class, 1 x 5km as I ate too much last weekend and plan on eating too much this weekend. Glutton for punishment!
  • I have to agree with the girls who said spinning! I'm so sad that I don't have a class to go to at home. Spinning is the one workout I happily did in the morning (8:45 on a Saturday, no less). If that isn't dedication, then I don't know what is.

Otherwise I am enjoying the 30 Day Shred thus far, simply because it is short but you can still feel it working. I also like swimming when I'm feeling confident enough, as well as running and the elliptical when I am in the mood. I'd like to say that those two always make me happy, but the truth is that sometimes I am so bored/annoyed during the workout that I can't wait to finish! That is why spinning will always have my heart.
  • I'm too self conscious to go work out at a gym, and prefer to be at home (I feel like I can push myself harder when no one else is around). I love the 30 Day Shred, I've even modified it into different customized routines to add some variety. I stopped using the DVD and just use an online tabata clock to beep out the intervals so I know when to change techniques.

For straight-up cardio I will always love kickboxing, but I used to be a martial artist, so I know all of the techniques and stuff already.
  • I spent a lot of time on my wii fit until I got the biggest loser game. It's soooo much more intense, and a lot harder! I also have a few dancing games and a cheerleading one that get my heart rate up in no time, they help when I'm in the mood for something a little bit more fun. So, my wii is my gym.
    I haven't tried any of JM's videos yet, I'll probably buy one soon to see if it works for me.
  • Tennis! You burn so many calories without even knowing it or feeling like you're working out.

Also...cross country skiing. :O)
  • Quote: Riestrella... I wish I could be a runner. Never have liked it though, although I am over weight with asthma which makes it hard, so maybe one day....

I trained for the Philly 1/2 marathon in 2009. I was 235 lbs at the time. Dropped some weight but didn't watch what I ate, just ran and ran. i started by walking 9 mins and running one. did that for 2 weeks, then walked 8, ran 2, etc, until I was running 30 mins straight and then it just went from there. You can do it, just one step at a time!!
  • I love my bike! My trainer at the gym was helping me to increase my endurance and she showed me all types of other workouts which were great. but i always go back to the bike. It's my "comfort exercise"!!!