Old 06-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #16  
*Buttercup*

S/C/G: 342/208/145

Height: 5'5''

Omg same thing happen to me once, my boss and coworker went to NY and brought back a shirt for me.. what size? 3xl... ITS A DRESS ON ME! lol I cried..
mypinkpolkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #17  
no gravity!

S/C/G: 301.5/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Yikes, not all women are catty, shallow, and/or passive aggressive.

Give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they're like me-I always order up when I'm choosing clothing for other people. I figure most people like things to be roomy because I tend to like it that way. It's not malice, just the mistake of thinking everyone else likes the same fit as I do!
moon safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:55 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Height: 5'2"

My job does community service events a couple of times per year, and orders generic t-shirts for everyone to wear. I fit comfortably into a small, but I typically opt for medium. Even though I order medium, I usually end up with a large. I've given up! Even if you look like you're swimming in the shirt, it'll be obvious that you're smaller than it!
mimi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #19  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Lace a corset up the back with contrasting ribbon. It could be a pretty awesome look.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Hey, girl. I know you're feeling down, and it sucks that they ordered you the wrong size shirt, but I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they are just clueless. It might be waayyy to big, but I bet it'll still look super cute tied in the back! <3 Hugs!
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:56 PM   #21  

Height: 5'3"

A way to avoid this next time would be for them to put out a spreadsheet with the different sizes, and each person just puts a checkmark next to their size so they know to order a certain # of each size.

And yes girls can be that catty. In high school I had a good friend buy me a shirt for my birthday. Later I overheard her telling a mutual friend that she got the biggest size she could find so that it would fit me. You have no clue how much that hurt. And even this last christmas, after losing 20lbs, my SIL went and got my gift from torrid, a plus size clothing shop. Now I've made it a point to tell my brother what size I am in a 'hey look how much weight i've lost!' way so it doesn't happen again.
Kelli21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:21 PM   #22  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

My first thought was, did you ask or notice if anyone else received a larger-than-usual size? Maybe they ordered from a different company that has different sizing and they run smaller? I don't think anyone did it to spite you. I like the idea of accessorizing, but don't imply that someone did this to you on purpose.
PacSunMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:25 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Thanks ladies! I want to give the benefit of the doubt, that's why I vent on here to everyone! But in an office so small, and we're all so close.. they know that I've lost weight and they know what sizes I wear. That's the only reason I felt that it was done out of a little spite... because we have ordered tshirts before and I've always gotten the same size...
But I'm really over it! I just had to vent and feel that people knew how I felt and support that girls Can in fact be mean and it's okay to show those feelings up.
Truely I'm the type of person that if i Really thought it was an accident, I would have Never thought twice about it...
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote