Old 06-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

Default Anyone try Barre, CoreFusion, or Pilates/Ballet workouts

Ive been experimenting with the Barre3 and Corefusion type workouts. They combine ballet, yoga, pilates, etc and are supposed to help achieve the " long, lean" look. As a pear shape Im constantly trying to find new ways to tighten and whittle the lower half without becoming more bulky.

Of course all you hear is squat and lunge to achieve this but even with bodyweight or very light weights only I still feel like I get the bulking. Anyway Ive really been enjoying the workouts Ive gotten through ONDemand and Im considering ordering the Barre3 and Corefusion DVD's.

Anyone work with either of these before or something similiar and if so any noticeable results?

Last edited by skinnyelle39; 06-15-2011 at 10:15 AM.
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #2  
Vegalitarian

Height: 5'8

I've done the Bar Method, and loved it (surprising for me, as someone who never used to work out.) I noticed great results within a relatively short period of time, but mostly in my lower half. The only downside is the DVD I have is a little slow-paced, so I'd rather learn to do it on my own, and also customize it/add more weight lifting.
Astrild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

I've never done those and I realize this isn't the same, but I have done/do yogalaties (yoga and pilates) as apart of my workout regime. That and light cardio has helped me lose 20+ lbs.
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote