50 down, 20 to go.

• Hey everyone!

I'm new to 3FC. I'm 24 and have been losing weight slowly for the last 3 years (thought I've been losing and gaining the same 4lbs for the last year). I've run a half marathon (hoping to train for another one) and I do CrossFit three times a week. I'm looking forward to getting to talk to all of you. I need some guidance to get these last few lbs off. They've been driving me nuts.

• HI! Sounds like you are doing great! Half marathon, that is awesome!!
    If you just have a little weight to get off we have a Featherweights section, that are people close to goal. Otherwise there is so many different spots you could chat in We'd all love to have you no matter where you go

Featherweights is under the Support Groups section. & there is a whole Fitness section too

& congrats on the weight loss so far!! I need to lose 70 lbs too.. again unfortunately lol
  • Dang girl you do CrossFit?? That is an INSANE workout! Lol. My friend does it...I get tired just hearing her describe those workouts! You must be in crazy good shape! Knowing a little about Crossfit I know that people who do it tend to build a lot of muscle...I always tell her not to worry about the numbers on the scale because they aren't accurate when you have so much more lean muscle. She has a tendancy to fixate on the numbers and get depressed bc even though she's shorter than me by several inches we weigh about the same. But I like to point out that while she is muscular, I have no muscle and am just fat. And fat, as we all know, weighs less than muscle .

I feel you on gaining and losing the same couple of pounds...though I've been gaining and losing the same 20 lbs for 3 years now. Ugh. Currently trying to lose them for the 3rd time...

Good luck on the rest of your journey and welcome to the boards!
  • Congrats on your loss thus far. If you read through the threads you'll find some great advice. Good luch