3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Wisdom Teeth Madness (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/234787-wisdom-teeth-madness.html)

redliss7 06-03-2011 10:11 PM

Wisdom Teeth Madness

Hello All,

I am writing to poll those of you who've done the wisdom tooth thing. I had all four of mine extracted Thursday morning and since Tuesday the scale says I have gained five pounds. I know I'm not exercising but really? I can't get that much food down....I'm just frustrated. I keep fluctuating by up to seven pounds and its mentally daunting. I'm eating normal foods [had flounder and mushrooms for dinner] so I'm not on the icecream diet. I'm just at the end of my rope. Did any of you expereince mad weight gain post wisdom tooth extraction? Maybe its water retention, I mean my face is huge and the process is pretty traumatic. Oh well. I guess this is more of a rant.

ilbnej 06-03-2011 10:13 PM

I would guess water weight -swelling from the surgery. I'd say eat normally and don't weigh again until your face looks normal again.

pixelllate 06-03-2011 10:14 PM

Hm could be a sodium thing. I lost weight because I was eating less and I don't think that the food had much sodium in it (this was in 08 so I don't totally remember the sodium content, I know for the week a lot of it was broth and whatever I secretly slurped that ended up in the wisdom tooth hole eww). However, the meds gave me constipation, so that could be a factor for you.

kgsmiles3 06-03-2011 11:24 PM

I just got all mind out last week and I lost 4 pounds due to not being able to eat. I had so Mich pain due to 2 dry sockets :( after I bounced back I gained 2 pounds off now I'm
back to normal. Just use this time to take care of yourself, you should see the scale move in the right direction

mimi86 06-04-2011 06:09 PM

What kind of anesthesia did you get? All four of mine came out as a routine extraction, so all I had was Novocaine...did they put you under? If you went under perhaps the anesthesia caused you to gain some extra water weight?

hilariousness 06-04-2011 10:18 PM

I havent had mine out yet but my sister just recently got hers out. I think its pretty common to swell and gain a few pounds. Shes like 125 normally (yes Im VERY jealous) and right after the surgery she was saying she gained like 5 pounds overnight...and her cheeks were really puffy for a good week.

tarryn 06-05-2011 02:49 AM

I had all four out and mine was the opposite of this I ended up losing 12 lbs in 3 weeks (my body always responds like this to any type of trauma/surgery/a broken bone) I really wouldnt worry abt it
I would putthe scale away until you are healed and healthy. Out bodies can do anything in response to something as stressful as what you have been through.