3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   New here...a little bit about me... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/233768-new-here-little-bit-about-me.html)

mcsr11 05-21-2011 04:33 PM

New here...a little bit about me...

Hi...I'm 27 and just started my weight loss journey last Sunday. Tomorrow will be a week and I've lost 7.2 lbs so far. I started at 208 and would like to be 130lbs. Once I get there I may or may not decide to shoot for 120. Right now I'm just aiming for 130. I'm 5'3 and when I previously lost a lot of weight my body REALLY loved 145lbs. The smallest I got to was 140, but it was really hard to break that 145 mark. I start my last 10 weeks of nursing school on Monday and will graduate Aug. 2nd as an RN. I'm really excited about this, but it's a huge obstacle for weight loss because I do A LOT of sitting and studying and eating. :( I'm determined to do better though. I hope to come out of the next 10 weeks a lot smarter, healthier and smaller. :) I look forward to posting here and getting to know you all!!

Ferumbras 05-21-2011 04:48 PM

I understand the challenges of being a student trying to lose weight, and we're in a similar boat--I'm about your height and age and was at your starting weight when I woke up and realized that I needed to turn things around. If you (like me) tend to eat while studying/reading/writing, I recommend gum. It's helped me a lot. I've also gone to smaller meals throughout the day, so that I can nibble without undoing everything I've been working toward.

Good for you on becoming an RN!

Oh, and of course, welcome to 3FC!

Sunshine87 05-21-2011 05:32 PM

Another student here! Yes, I too understand. I am on my clinicals which are full-time so I don't really feel like a student but I do understand. The good news is that while working at my clinical site I feel far more stable and am not very stressed or anxious about exams, studying, etc. It does get easier. Although I am going to have to take my boards exam (for occupational therapy) which is going to be about 6 weeks of non-stop studying so I will be back in the club for a while. I just started recently and it is really great to hear from other people in the same boat. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your posts! Oh, and congratulations on your degree!

mcsr11 05-22-2011 10:22 AM

I'm happy to meet people who are in the same situation as I am...there have been people in my class actually LOSE weight during school because they are so busy and can't find time to eat! WHAT?! Im constantly eating...eating because I'm stressed, bored..sitting around studying and think I have to snack the whole time. I'm a big snacker...i'd rather snack than eat a meal.

Good luck to you all in your studies.. :)