Old 05-20-2011, 11:36 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

@fromthebox: No wonder you're stressed! I'm sure your friend will come to understand and turn her annoyance from you to your father. I know that's no help right now, sorry.. I hope you guys still manage to have a good time.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #62  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone, it's been a pretty hectic week for me. My boyfriend was here from Saturday 14th and since then I've been super busy with editing his film and working at my job. I've neglected my weight loss regime, which means I've been completely knocked out of my exercise. On the other hand I've not been eating too much, and because my job is very much on your feet (work at a cinema) I'm hoping the scales don't hate me.

Also been feeling a bit blue recently, don't know if it's just me or the fact that I'm approaching my period - but either way it's not been the best motivation! Feel like I've got a lot to catch up with on the board too - really love having people to talk to here!

Hope you're all doing well =)
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #63  

@Riestrella: Sorry to hear you're a little blue. How's the film editing coming along?
Old 05-22-2011, 12:28 AM   #64  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

This weekend was a mix of joy and sorrow.

Joy: AMAZING time at town festival with friends.
Sorrow: Drunk sugar binge eating Friday night, Saturday night, and to an extent today shortly after waking. I wish I could be one of those "wahhh I had 2 cookies I BINGED" people but sadly when I say "binge" I am talking about thousands of calories of crap I normally would never eat.

Balance is the hardest part. I can't eat junk food in moderation but it's not realistic that I will never have it again. In some sick way I am managing and maintaining my weight by swinging in a dramatic clean diet-binging pendulum, but that's not healthy.

Sorry for being a dark cloud. It will get better, but for now I feel pretty down.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:36 AM   #65  

@Krampus: If I may offer a suggestion, consider some protein replacement meals -- there's lots of sweet stuff in my plan that satisfies the desire for a treat without taking me off plan. The chocolate cake I had tonight was 120 calories, 4.5g of fat, 9g of carbs, and 15g of protein.

Hang in there, though. Bingeing is tough to kick. There's some stuff I just can't have, like chips. Or drinking. That's a huge trigger for me. I need to only drink when I'm at a restaurant, so I'm literally paying for it financially and physically, which slows me down and keeps things under control.

I am glad you had a good time, though. That's worth a lot!!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:20 AM   #66  
Stressed out Mom/Student

S/C/G: 194/184/145

Height: 5'6"

Since you all seem to care about my class quest, here's my report on BodyVive, which I did yesterday morning.

This was half a traditional aerobics class and half "functional strength training" which means using that resistance tubing stuff. I discovered one new thing about myself. I HATE resistance tubing! I trip over it more than once and it was just awkward and in the way all the time. Why is this stuff more "functional" than free weights?

Also funny, the cardio part involved holding a purple bouncy ball for the whole time. I'm not sure why, but apparently it was important to hold it with just your palms and not your fingers. Whatever, they're purple.
This is the class where all the other overweight people at the club have been hiding themselves, which made me feel less like a lump. It was fat people, old people and a pregnant lady. I fit right in. Although I did have trouble following the instructor, but that's to be expected.

Now, I'm going back to BodyFlow.
doubtingJulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubtingJulia View Post
Also funny, the cardio part involved holding a purple bouncy ball for the whole time. I'm not sure why, but apparently it was important to hold it with just your palms and not your fingers. Whatever, they're purple.
Loved this!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #68  
Pinkie Pie Pony

S/C/G: 194/180.2/125

Height: 5'5

Whatever,they're purple... funniest thing I heard this weekend. lol Great way to start off a monday morning. lol Thanks doubtingjulia.

So this has been my ultimate binge weekend, but it's not my fault...there were boys and free food and a giant party with amazing food and lots of it at this bloody mansion that made me really regret being in a relationship because the rich guy kept hitting on me. lol. Just kidding. But seriously, two guy friends of mine took me and my girl friend out to play pool, where the sodas kept flowing (cream soda-I COULDN"T resist) then to Dennys where they plied us with more soda and CHEESECAKE. But then we walked four miles so I didn't feel that bad about it, still over by a few hundred calories, but not too bad. Then they called us up and invited us to a party the next night....with lots of delicious catered mexican food....yeah...irresistible....then the real boyfriends of my friend and I took us to the movies where junk food was plentiful-managed to stick to a handful of popcorn and a few gummy bears and a few sips of the boyfriends soda. But low and behold later that night another friend calls up and wants to hang out so Dennys to the rescue because there is nothing else to do in my town at 11 at night. *sigh* didn't go over on calories though so it's all good. Time to start over. And i definitely need to start watching my water intake when I'm out. I feel so hungover even though I don't drink. It's RIDICULOUS. WATER PLEASE!
Goody3shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #69  

Wow, Goody, it sounds like you had an amazingly fun weekend! Part of me is saying, so what about the food? enjoy life!! Oh yes, and the other part of me is just jealous of your weekend compared to my homebody one, lol.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #70  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Don't worry Ferumbras, you're not alone in the world of the ''quiet weekend'' lol! I planted spices on my balcony yesterday : not the most exciting thing ever LOL! (though I'm so bad with everything that concerned plants that it will actually get exciting to see if they grow or not, I'm thinking about betting money about it with my bf ahah!)

I don't work today, it's a holiday in Canada. It's sunny and hot and I'm thinking about going for a walk this afternoon to tan a bit! hhéhé!

Have a good monday everyone!!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #71  

Thanks, Turbo, good to know I'm not alone. I ended up watching some Biggest Loser over the weekend. I just started 30 Day Shred and was thinking "wow, Jillian seems really amicable, I wonder what she's like on the show?" so I searched it out on hulu. Oh, and since it gets referenced on this site so often, I thought it only right to check it out and know what everyone was on about.

My problem is that I get hooked on tv series and just start watching episode after episode.

But not today! I'm going to actually do my work today! I have a chapter to write.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #72  

Hmm... shouldn't we be starting a new Weekly Chat thread?