Old 05-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloekinsicle View Post
Ugh, I am having one of those days where losing weight just seems insurmountable. 120 pounds and I'll still be overweight. I wish I could just "poof" the weight away, but if we could do that I wouldn't learn anything? I just wish I hadn't gotten to this point in the first place.
I know the feeling. Hang in there; you can do this.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Sorry ferumbras, I read "work out" fast and saw "work." Woops! Are you so excited for your wedding?!

Icon, those beads are way cool! I love artsy fartsty activities

Chloe
, you can do this! And, you are always free to vent whatever feelings you need to get out here. Type away!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #33  

@FatPants: Yes and no, lol. We're already married, just doing the whole ceremony for family and friends. It'll be good and a lot of fun, but right now it's a lot of extra stress and work that I don't need. But I don't regret deciding to do it. Besides, I love my wedding dress.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #34  

I just wanted to say: woohoo! I have a signature/ticker!
Old 05-19-2011, 02:11 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

inconised~ i loooove the beads...can you purchase any of the work the ladies at your class do? id love a big chunky necklace!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:05 AM   #36  
Pinkie Pie Pony

S/C/G: 194/180.2/125

Height: 5'5

So this has been a really weird week for me. I've been in a bad mood, partly because it's finals week for me and partly because my back problems have been really bad. I haven't been able to go for a walk or anything. Plus they told me because of my back injury (I fell in a restaurant and fractured my tailbone and slipped a disc) I can't get medical insurance, which really sucks. The reason I don't have insurance is because I had insurance through my grampa while I'm in school, but he died so no more health insurance. Basically a bad week altogether. But I was staying on track and doing well, but the scale would not move! I kept steady at 181 which was starting to really get to me, being able to see over the not obese horizon and being unable to get there. UGH. So I had a big breakdown last night. I took the boyfriends leftover candy from the movie theater and had a slice of cake. All in all I went 668 calories over my caloric goal. Then this morning I weighed in...177...CONFUSING or what? but i'm thankful. I'm just expecting it to bounce back up like this is some evil trick or something. Sorry for all the complaining I just got on a roll with the ranting. lol.
Goody3shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:30 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

FPSJ I am definitely hanging on to my man, not letting this one get away Congrats on turning down the sports bar outing, good cost/benefit analysis!

Ferumbras Now I really want to see your dress. Is there any chance you can move the fitting to last week of June? Nearly two months is a large window where you could make progress. You could have them fit it skin tight or with an extra spanx on maybe. W00t for your ticker, by the way.

Second workout in NROL4W today, had some trouble with deadlifts as I started with only the bar and it was hard to reach that far over. Also suck at lunges, the mechanics of them are really hard for me. I think it's due to my overefficient quads. weight is up to 135.0/.2 going to increase as I head into TOM too. Feeling strong and generally happy with my appearance this week. It's nice.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:26 AM   #38  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Morning ladies, can't get to personals right now. Just stopping in and saying hi! I got a hair cut this week which I have to say I'm very happy about check it out!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #39  
Stressed out Mom/Student

S/C/G: 194/184/145

Height: 5'6"

Goody3shoes: wow, that insurance problem really sucks. It's when I hear stories like that that I'm happy we have a pinko socialized health care system. As for the surprise loss, maybe your calories were too low. Did you try that think where you increase your calories for a while and then go back down? I'm sure it has a fancy name.

I made it my goal for the rest of the month to try all the classes at my new gym. So yesterday I went to BodyFlow, which is a yoga, pilates, tai chi thing, and it was pretty hard! Mostly because I have no sense of balance and kept falling over and because I just started running again and my legs were already a little sore and the whole thing seemed to be "stand on one leg with your arms in the air" kind of things. And I kept sliding around on my fancy new yoga mat, which I got from my mom. The instructor said this is either because I have to develop the strength in my ankles and wrists to keep that from happening or because there's a shiny, slippery layer on my mat that will go away the more I use it.

And also, I was like, the only overweight person in the class. I guess that's a good thing, especially considering I got through the whole thing with only a couple ***-plants but I really felt like a misshapen lump beside all the skinny yoga girls.

Last edited by doubtingJulia; 05-19-2011 at 09:38 AM.
doubtingJulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #40  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hey everybody, I'm new around here, I hope you won't mind if I join your weekley chat :S I'd be cool to talk about people about your age who know how you feel and everything!

I'm a bit depressed this morning, I started dieting (WW) 13 days ago. I lost 4.8 pounds after a week, but this morning, I checked my weight, even if I officially weight on fridays, and I was at the EXACT same weigh that I was last friday

I know my body has to adjust and everything but damn, it's annoying to see no results like that.. kinda hard on the motivation.

Anyway, have a good day everybody
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:51 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Ferumbras-- Congrats on the ticker! I am totally motivated to move that damn thing, hahaha. I love when the # goes down!

Good3shoes-- Our insurance system really sucks. I'm sorry for your loss, too. I'd say look over your calorie intake and see if maybe you've been too low? Sometimes it's just a natural fluctuation. I hate them too, but it's part of this whole process.

fromtheobx-- I am very intrigued by this weight lifting program! Sounds challenging. It's great that you're feeling good about yourself, too. We need more good vibes like that!

Miz
-- Very cute hair!

doubtingJulia-- Brave girl! Some people never muster up the guts to do classes in a group setting. Be proud of yourself. I've done my fair share of face/as$ planting too. It's mandatory, in my opinion. hahaha

TurboMammoth
-- Welcome! Post away It's horribly frustrating to work hard and then not see it on the scale. I just had a bout of that myself. I sort of just realized that it was more important to stick to my healthy eating, moving around as much as possible, drinking my water, and letting it all play out. Patience (which is NOT easy) is the name of the game. Hang in there, you can do this!

Today is my "Sunday," as I am working the next 3 nights. Only upside to that is saving money and calories by not going out/having fun. Siiiigh. Hahah

Plan for today:
-My favorite dance class at the gym
-Food shopping/prepping healthy stuff for the weekend
-Run w/ friend tonight
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #42  
Pinkie Pie Pony

S/C/G: 194/180.2/125

Doubtingjulia-hahaha I love your yoga story. I felt the same way when I first started it ages ago! Now I miss that I can't do it! Can you just imagine how you'll feel when you are one of those skinny yoga girls?!

Fatpantsskinnyjeans: Yay for 'sundays' but sad to not having fun! I hate that going out and having fun always has to revolve around food or activities that will eventually lead to food.

Turbomammoth- That first plateau sorta thing you hit can be so frustrating that I quit a lot of times, good for you for posting here and sticking to your goals! Yay!

It's entirely possible that my calories have been too low. I still struggle with some eating problems after being anorexic a few years ago and it's really hard for me to eat a normal amount of calories without feeling guilty. I have a devoted boyfriend and a watchful best friend who check my livestrong account so I have someone to make sure I don't go back to eating 300 cals a day. I've been hanging around 1200, though it usually ends up being lower since that's what Livestrong tells me to eat, but I get the boyfriend shoving food at me if I do fall below that lol I did increase my calorie levels for a weekend over mother's day because I was going to my grama's and she always has a lot of junk and that might have pushed me out of the slump I was in.
Goody3shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #43  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Thanx for the support, FatPantsSkinnyJeans and Goddy3shoes. It means a lot!

Plateau sucks but I'm gonna stick to the program! I started doing more sport again for the last 2 weeks, I might have gain some muscles... Well that's what I'm telling me to confort me ahah!

Keep up the good work with your calories counting Goody3shoes! 1200 might not be enough but is already better than 300
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #44  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Feeling stressed, anxious, a bit down today. Wondering a bit about why i started this internship, when i would have been perfectly happy with a researchy job, crunching numbers and looking at stats. Not to mention be earning money and have an actual work/life balance. Been thinking about quiting, but i know i always have those kinds of thoughts when things get tough and i never act on them, so thats good.

fatpants- i love artsy stuff too I go through phases where i dont do anything, i think i forget how important it is for me

aggie- i think you can purchase them but possibly only from their physical store, which is a bit of a way to go for you xD

goody3shoes- sorry to hear about your pain and insurance woes I hate it when weight loss doesnt make sense!

doubtingjulia- i think you are pretty brave to go there when you're the only overweight one, i really wouldnt have had the guts to do that. Although its likely that at least a few of thoe girls have struggled with weight and probably also admire you

turbo-welcome! looks like you've started exercising too- when i first started exercising my weight loss stalled for a week or 2 as well, i think its cos your body goes "omg less fuel, more energy needs, whats going on here??" and then you retain a bit of water too
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #45  

@Goody3shoes: Stupid insurance companies. Sorry to hear you're having so much difficulty right now. On the other hand, congrats on the woosh! And hey, even if it's confusing, my attitude is take what you can get. Good luck on your finals!

@fromthebox: I'll post pictures after the wedding. I can't really move my fitting. We're doing the ceremony in MI, leaving here on July 1, and David's Bridal mandates that you give them a month for alterations. So I have to go in on the 2nd to begin the process. I went in today for underwear and was _amazed_ to see how much better I look in the dress already. The assisstant had to clip it for it to stay up! Yay! I'm going to tell the tailors to make it very tight, so that when I do come to walking down the aisle in it at the end of July, it'll fit well. I'm sure they'll hem and haw over that, but there are David's out in MI and I may see about getting an appointment for right when we arrive, which'll be about 2 weeks before the wedding, so that any last minute adjustments can be made.
I am confused: how do overefficient quads make lunges difficult for you?

@MiZ: I love the hair cut! And the glasses.

@doubtingJulia: I'm doing the same -- trying out all the classes. I've only managed zumba and step so far, but really want to try the rest. I know what you mean about feeling like the only overweight person around. Zumba that's not the case, but step is full of these lanky, hot women who look awesome in their yoga pants and can do all the steps perfectly in time with the instructor. I try not to look in the mirror while doing it, lol.

@Turbo: Welcome, though I'm sorry to hear you're a bit down. If the scale isn't moving, and you think you're gaining muscle, the tape measure may be your new best friend. I was amazed today by the number of inches that have fallen from my waist.

@FatPants: I so agree! And I love the angry chick. Showed it off to my DH this morning. It reminds him of Tweety Bird.

@Iconised: Sorry to hear you're feeling stressed. What kind of internship/research are you doing? How long is it for?

I went to kickboxing this morning, which was a lot of fun as usual, but succeeded in twisting both my right ankle and right wrist. Grrr. The wrist is now better but the ankle twinges occasionally when I walk on it. Stupid thing. With any luck, I'll be getting my hula hoop and arm hoops in the mail today. Can't wait to start! It looks like a lot of fun.