Old 05-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPantsSkinnyJeans View Post
Scarlett-- I am terrible at waiting for news like that, too. I have even called potential employers on occasion because the suspense just swallows me up. So, I feel for ya. Hang in there! Sometimes when I get in a serious stress funk like that, I stick in my headphones and go for a long walk somewhere scenic/away from home (like the waterfront, or even just a different neighborhood), and I bring my journal with me. When I get tired, I sit and pour it all out on paper until I'm ready to go home. At the very least, you get a little extra exercise out of the deal!
Thanks. I actually have been writing in my journal a bit. I was at a local coffee shop yesterday with it. I have one that I write in sporatically. It doesn't help that I literally have nothing to do. I've been avoiding calling/contacting friends, since my life situation is sort of in "limbo." I was going to wait until I found out my fall plans before I made summer ones. Now that I have a little longer to wait I'm going to start looking for summer work Thursday. Reguardless of what I end up doing I'll need money. The sitting around waiting is driving me crazy, I need to do something.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #17  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

doubtingJulia - don't you just hate the whole thighs protruding in the front thing? I mean seriously. How are you ever supposed to find a cute pair of underwear that looks good when your thighs stick out in the front?! It's so annoying. I'm sure my boyfriend hasn't noticed it....he never does seem to notice the things that bother me....but still. I KNOW it's there and it bothers ME. ugh. Is that your son? He's so adorable. =D

JLNichols - is there any way for you to pack snacks for work? I'm not sure what you do, so I don't know how practical it would be...but I know I eat a snack around 3pm in the classroom (lunch is at 11:30 and I don't get home until around 7pm so I need something in the middle to get me through). All of the kids know it's Ms. Rachel's snack time...and it never bothers them. I've found that eating that snack helps me not be so ravenous when I get home to the point where I overeat.

aggie2006 - That's awesome! I've always thought about joining curves...but I don't have the money for it right now anyways.

Scarlett - That would frustrate me so much. I'm a super impatient person and I hate waiting around for someone else to decide something. I would be calling them every day and probably annoying them to the point where this no way they would offer me the position. Good luck with staying patient, with the internship, and with finding a summer job if the internship doesn't work out!

FatPantsSkinnyJeans - I got plenty of good stuff at the grocery store. Some frozen stuff, sandwich stuff, soups, lots of fruit, and some of my old staples that made me feel like I was indulging like sugar free pudding cups and jello cups, and weight watchers fudgesicles. I would definitely love that turkey chili recipe though. I actually prefer turkey Chili....and I have 3 different sized crock pots. lol

Well so far so good today. I've stayed in my WW points allotment...and I have written down everything I ate in my food journal for the first time in over a year. Keeping track of it all definitely makes it a lot easier....and knowing how many points I have left for the day makes me think more about the things I'm going to eat later. It definitely keeps me more accountable.

I'm fighting a craving right now though. I am SERIOUSLY craving some fries and a burger. If my feet didn't hurt so much, I would probably have gone back out already to get one. My boyfriend might be coming over later to watch glee with me...and I've been known to ask him to go out and get it for me when my foot gets really swollen....and I've already told him that if I ask him to go get me fast food that he should say no....but I know he would probably give in if I pleaded enough...and I don't know if I'm strong enough to resist. This is one of the worst cravings I have had in a long time. I can't get it out of my mind. I need to focus on something else. Once Glee comes on I'll be distracted...and if the swelling in my foot goes down after that (with the help of the ice i've got on it now) i might do some Zumba tonight.

I absolutely HATE that my foot swells up like this. It gets so sore and by the end of the day it is so painful to walk. My foot surgeon said there isn't much that can be done about it, and that it will probably be like that for the rest of my life. I used to want to run a marathon, and I had a secret dream of some day training for the Iron Man in Hawaii....but there is no way that could ever happen anymore. Walking hurts...let alone running. I'll never be able to run again. Even Zumba hurts...I just try and ignore it. I can't even jump rope anymore. It's so extremely frustrating. I always dreamed of this healthy, active lifestyle...and now I wonder if I'm ever going to be able to accomplish it.

I'm going to go shower I think. One of the 2 year olds dumped dirt in my hair earlier and now my head is all itchy. Lol. I'll probably keep checking back in to stay away from the junk food. Bye for now!
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #18  
Stressed out Mom/Student

S/C/G: 194/184/145

Height: 5'6"

Scarlett: I hate the waiting game too. My teacher's college application results were two days late and I was pulling out my hair. I got in by the way, but only to my second choice school.

DivineFidelity: Yup, that's my Freddy. He's been super supportive. He's been eating the same food as me and doing my yoga video with me. (He's better than I am, not that that's hard.) He just love him.
doubtingJulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Scarlet-- I'd do the same thing! I'm very, very bad at being idle/patient. Life's too short, anyway. Starting early with your job hunt never hurts, especially in our still-whacked out economy.
When I was in that in-betweeny time (post-college/pre-work) I would actually "schedule" my days off. Like, I'd write down the chores I had, errands, my exercise for the day, the times my favorite shows were on, even giving myself a mani/pedi. It helped to make the days feel purposeful, and it calmed my mind. I still do that to this day-- I find comfort in structure. I don't know if you're the same kind of person, but if you're feeling restless from all the question marks in life, this can help give you a plan while you sort it out. Hope that helps!

Divine-- I'll be checking in a lot too, purely to keep me out of the kitchen!
Sounds like you got lots of good stuff at the store. RESIST the burger and fries!! Just visualize the solid fat clogging your lovely, healthy arteries. Treat yourself to some fresh fruit & yogurt, ice your foot, and do crunches/push-ups during the commercial breaks (<--- Sorry if that was irritating, but I love it when people give me strategies, so I threw it out there just in case. If it's too much, just ignore me!)

Here's the chili link: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/c...-3125-pts.html
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Busy day at work today, so I'll just pop in to say hey everyone I'm not dead. I weighed in at 134.4 this morning, finally broke thru 135 just in time for TOM next weekend to send me back up lol. I had a great weekend with boy, who insisted on cooking for me all weekend. We made Tom Yum soup, a pasta bake with garlic and rigatoni, mushroom soup (catching the soup theme?) and a bunch of cookies, half of which I took to work. I didn't count calories at all and was active, we biked or walked around 4 miles every day. I got off track for my lifting program last week so I'll be firing it up again this week, hoping it sticks this time.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:01 PM   #21  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Good morning all!

I'm sitting on the cusp, 130.1 lb/59.0 kg this morning - down 0.2 lb from yesterday. The weather is great, I finally slept through the night, and I got up early to do an "intermediate" yoga "class" I found on Youtube. There were only a couple moves I couldn't do, and it was an issue of balance rather than lack of strength. Haven't jogged or done Tae Bo since the day before yesterday due to back pain; impact makes it worse.

I just want to be in the 120s again dammit. Getting impatient.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:27 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Thank you so much guys. The support means alot. Comming on here has been keeping me semi-sane.

FatPantsSkinnyJeans I think thats a good idea. I tend to make todo lists in general. The problem has been I haven't been sleeping, then I've been sleeping too late. It's been hard to get on any sort of a schedule. Also I've tried to read my book but haven't been able to focus on anything. I'll have to find a few "mindless" taskes to keep myself busy for the next 1-2 weeks.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Just poking my head in and saying hi. Still getting over jet lag. May try to work out tonight, but we'll see...

Hope you're all well!
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:22 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

fatpants~ not that sore this morning, but i am down .5pounds =)

divine~ i dont have the money either! i had an old treadmill sitting in my basement which i sold for 200$ and that got me enough money for a few months at curves this way i dont feel guilty going im sorry your in pain all the time. theres no physical therapy for it? theres NOTHING you can do? what about weightloss, will that help? btw you look very pretty in the photo you posted. how is it that some people dont look their weight!? lucky girl!

having a good day today, .5 pounds down this morning...in the past with my crash dieting, i lost so quickly. but doing it the right way is a slow process. a little discouraging, but im determined to stick at it. 1 week down! tons of weeks to go!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Gooodmorning! Glorious day off here.. even though it's rainy and cold, again. Booo.

I'm probably still going to explore the farmer's market (and will probably walk halfway there if it's not downpouring), and will be taking my strength training classes at the gym tonight.

I also feel good about one more thing-- I declined to go to a bar tonight to watch a sporting event with a few friends, for several reasons. In the past I would just go because I have nothing else to do. Then I realized 2 important points: a.) I don't, and likely never will, find sports interesting. b.) There is no reason to subject myself to all the alcohol and food that will likely tempt me, just to be in a setting with my friends where I can't even hear them.

So, I'm making a choice to take care of myself today, instead of just blindly going out of a sense of obligation to my friends.

fromthebox
-- Your boy (and all the fun stuff you did together) sounds lovely, so hang on to him! I can't wait for it to get warm enough to play outside... siiigh.

krampus-- Back pain is just the worst! Are you icing at the end of the day? Glad the scale is going in the right direction, and congratulations on NO BINGES!

Ferumbras
-- Be safe at work if you're sleepy!

aggie2006
-- Slow n' steady wins the race
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #26  

@Fatpants: Work? You're funny. I'm a grad student. Worst thing I can do to myself is poke myself it the eye with my pen (it's happened! and after I turned 5!).

I made it through yesterday fine, but turned in early, so no exercise for the day. But today I will do Zumba and then the treadmill, weights, and possibly rower at the gym. Yes, yes I will. So it is written, so shall it be, and all that jazz.

I'm also thinking of buying a hula hoop. It sounds like fun, and if it really does work to tone the stomach (which I very much need), I'm all for it.

I'm getting nervous about my fitting... On June 2nd I go in to get my wedding dress altered. The wedding isn't until July 23rd, and I really don't want to stop losing weight in between. Right now it's been fantastic watching the pounds melt away and I really want to look great for the wedding pictures, and of course my DH. But I also don't want the dress to fall off, lol. Since the wedding is in another state, I have to get the adjustments made early. Guess I'll have to talk to the tailors and see what they recommend. Boo. I suppose there's always duct tape.

Last edited by Ferumbras; 05-18-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #27  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

hey everyone, having a good week (minus the migraine, which was on monday so we can forget about that). My weight is down and I picked up my beads! So here are some photos!

Edit: these pictures are really big >.< I dont know how to resize them at the moment, if it bothers someone then shout out and I'll have a poke around at them

These are basic beads, practicing making them nice and even and doughnut shaped

These are where we were practicing making beads with a different colour in the middle and then making flat dots on them (the one that is darker and the odd one out, that looks really even and symmetrical was made by the teacher xD )

This one is my favourite i think. Practicing using 2 colours, flat dots and raised dots. I like how it swirled in the middle. That was because white glass gets molten faster than other colours, so i must have over heated the bead and the core got too hot when putting the orange or the dots on. But i think it looks nice

This is one the teacher made- ie what a simple bead should look like with many years of practice

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 05-18-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #28  

Wow!!
Old 05-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #29  

Ugh, I am having one of those days where losing weight just seems insurmountable. 120 pounds and I'll still be overweight. I wish I could just "poof" the weight away, but if we could do that I wouldn't learn anything? I just wish I hadn't gotten to this point in the first place.

Sorry for the whiny post. Just one of those days when you need to vent, ya know? I'll try and do some personals later!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #30  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Exciting aye! When i go into town today I'm going to keep an eye out for a bracelet to put them one. I'm going back to make more next week I'm excited

Edit: sorry chloe we must have posted at the same time, im not excited about your meh day I've been where you are before, admittedly with less weight, but some days its just like "why did i do this to myself?""why didnt i start to fix it sooner, i could be done by now?" Because you just werent ready

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 05-18-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote