Old 05-16-2011, 09:53 AM   #1  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Default ~~~Weekly Chat May 16 to May 22~~~

Good Morning ladies, it's monday and as usual nothing is going on.

My scale hasn't moved, I haven't done any productive workouts my eating habits are alright, but over all it sucks.

I have a cold that won't get better or get worse it just stays where it's at.

And a needy guy who likes to texts a billzillion times a day yay me...I think my issue with needy men is because I want to be the needy one haha that's my problem...booo

Hope you all have a good day.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #2  
Stressed out Mom/Student

S/C/G: 194/184/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm joining a gym today! Yay! I never really liked the gym in the past, but now that my schedule is a little more stable, I hope I'll be able to commit to some classes.

My son is really starting to develop a taste for my breakfast porridge concoction, as long as it involves a lot of strawberries and he really likes how I've been insisting that we sit down to lunch together before be goes to kindergarten.

And I lost 3 pounds last weeks. (!) And I'm still single, so no needy man, unless you count the four-year-old.

Last edited by doubtingJulia; 05-16-2011 at 04:34 PM.
doubtingJulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #3  

It's my first week back home after graduating college! Of course, I still don't have a job yet and I'm living with my parents until I find one. Since I am unemployed, my two jobs this summer will be finding work and losing weight! It's great to be back on 3FC, even if the 20-somethings board is a little quiet. Hopefully we're all out enjoying the summertime
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

Hello all,

I moved offices 2 weeks ago and i am slowly getting used to my new extremely busy surroundings .. change is always good right? hehe well i had a so so weekend food wise.. and i was not as light on the scale this morning as i was on saturday which also sucks.. but onwards and upwards..

Going to try put in a good week, although on Wed my dad has a big birthday so that will include champagne and dinner out ... so 1 bad day in 7..

on the upside Mondays over..roll on Friday
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Oops, forgot it was a new week. Thanks, Miz!

I just posted this in last week's thread:

"Hey guys,
Totally discouraged this morning. Have been exercising like a fiend and staying on play food wise (with the exception of the weekend, but that's nothing new) and the scale is not moving. Ugh.

Still going to do my run today before work.... I won't give up.

I might mope a little, though.

Hope you're all having a good Monday so far,
-FPSJ"
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Everyone--I sadly failed once again! So I dusted myself off this more and today has gone smoothly. So far so good & only 2 more hours until bedtime! I also gave in and weighed this morning because I messed up so badly yesterday I wanted to see how much it affected my weight. I weighed in this morning at 131.0---I keep saying that I'm 5 pounds from being back in the "overweight" category on the BMI scale! So heres to a new day and hoping for the best! I know yall are sick of hearing about me bouncing back and forth! lol. Sorry!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #7  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

MiZTaCCeN - I wish my man was needy. I swear, if I didn't text him or call him first, I'd never hear from him again. I know it's because he isn't good at conversations unless he's in person....he HATES telephones....but still, it would feel nice to be a little more needed. Don't get me wrong, he's an incredible guy and I love him to death, he's just been used to taking care of himself and no one else (I'm his first girlfriend and we started dating when he was 20....he's 21 now) that he doesn't really need anyone else to get by. He also has a habit of getting caught up in what he's doing. lol

Myself and my boyfriend Eric....He always makes silly faces when he gets in front of a camera. I know it's because he's self conscious, but I REALLY wish I had a better picture of the two of us...lol

doubtingJulia - I absolutely loved my gym membership, until after I had foot surgery and couldn't do much there anymore. Make sure you check out a spin class and a Zumba class!

chloekinsicle - Congrats on Graduating! What did you get your degree in? =D

galway girl - One bad day out of 7 shouldn't hurt you, as long as you stick to plan the other 6 days. I used to give myself one meal out every week, and I lost 70 pounds doing it. If I hadn't gotten content with my health and body and stopped caring, I would still have been doing it and have been long past my goal by now. Just make sure to get water or diet soda at the restaurant, and request things like a wheat bun or bread, no oil, vegetables instead of fries....or different things like that depending on where you end up going. At Chili's I always got a cheeseburger on a wheat bun with no oil and broccoli instead of fries, and I ate half of the burger and all of the broccoli. Yumm.

FatPantsSkinnyJeans - maybe all of that exercise is paying off and you're gaining muscle. Muscle is more dense then fat, but weighs the same. Have you measured yourself lately? If not, I would suggest it....and then you'd have something to compare it too later as well. It could be possible that you're not losing weight but you are losing inches!

JLNichols - I wouldn't call it failure. Maybe just a slip up? If you failed, you wouldn't still be here on the forum talking to us, and you wouldn't be back on track today. There is nothing wrong with bouncing back and forth. I used to do it all of the time. I would get so sick of dieting that it would be hard to stick to plan...and I would go back and forth. It literally look me 11 times going between 200 and 190 before I finally broke through to 189 my first time around. Maybe you should set yourself a goal...not a number goal but a food or exercise goal...and see if that helps? You could try and get a certain number of workouts a week, or you could try and stay under a certain amount of calories, or not drink any soda, or drink a certain amount of water....and see if you can reach that goal. If you focus on something other then the numbers, I've found that sometimes it makes it easier to push past those kind of back and forth stalls. Just an idea.

I've been having serious trouble sticking to plan. I'm back up to 231...which is right where I started before surgery. I'm on plan so far today though, and I'm STARVING. Seriously...my stomach was making so many noises today that my Pre-K kids were asking me if I was sick. My boyfriend is bringing my Chipotle for dinner, but I'm going to be good and measure it all out and count all of the calories and save half of it for lunch tomorrow. I also told him not to bring me a soda, which is not something you'll usually hear me say...so that's good.

I wanted to come home and work out, but I went bowling with my boyfriend on Saturday and on Sunday and I'm still really sore. We used to bowl 3 games every saturday and 3 games every tuesday (We were in two different leagues). I was in the Saturday league ever since I was 5 years old until I graduated high school....It's actually how I paid for my first year of college...all of the scholarships I won at tournaments....and ANYWAYS, I guess I thought that I could still bowl 6 games in a weekend without getting sore...even though I hadn't bowled in over a year. I have to tell you, you use A LOT of muscles when you bowl, if you do it right. I am sore all over. I can barely even stand up and sit down. I think we're going to start bowling every Sunday from now on (games are $1.99 on Sundays) just for the workout. My legs already look more toned. Next fall we might even join an adult league. That would be fun. We could win money =D.

I guess I'll get back to my Zumba tomorrow after the new episode of Glee! Tonight, I'm taking a break. Anyways, chasing around little kids all day at work counts as a workout, right? lol

Oh, and I dyed my hair red. It's not super bright....I've had little mermaid colored hair before so in comparison this is dark, but it looks nice and red in the sunlight. You can barely tell in the picture. In full sunlight it's much brighter then that.

I think once my hair grows out and I get it cut again, I'll go for a more unnatural red. My boss said she doesn't care as long as I'm willing to dye back over it if a parent complains, which is fine by me. =D

Well, I hope everyone else had a good day!
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:10 AM   #8  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I've only got a few minutes because I have to go back to work to give a presentation at 7pm >.< But I thought i'd throw down a few quick personals!

aggie- haha no much more exciting than just choosing beads! Well, imo anyway I love sciency arty hobbies. I totally consider walking around exercise. Generally though, for good aerobic exercise, you want an elevated heart rate so if walking gently was all you were doing and you werent seeing a loss you might want to up it a bit. Still good for you though!

fatpants- i hate it when the lack of loss doesnt make any sense Keep at it though, at some point something will give or you'll have an aha moment

krampus- oh back pain is horrible! I hope it clears up soon. Take it easy but stay active! Your progress is awesome, make sure you take care of yourself Thats true about one being better than none I am trying hard today, I feel a lot better.

doubtingjulia- aw thats so awesome about your son! Im craving porridge now >.<

chloe- congrats on graduating! Im (not) enjoying the winter so everyone else better be enjoying the summer! I miss it already

JL- well done on picking yourself up from it and moving on. Thats the most important thing, learn and move on.

Divine- you are so pretty! Sorry about being starving, maybe more fibre? protein? fruit??
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:36 AM   #9  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Iconised Ghost - Thanks! Everyone tells me I'm pretty, and I see it to an extent, I wouldn't call myself ugly...but a lot of the time I just can't get past my size. I don't think I'm huge, but my arms are as big around as my neck, and they jiggle...my double chin has been growing back...and I'm in a tight size 18s. I think I'll feel a lot prettier when I start to feel healthy again. Oh, and about being hungry....I don't think it's what I ate yesterday. I ate a lot of healthy fats, I always have a high fiber diet (I have IBS and PCOS, and it helps to regulate me), and I actually ate plenty of fruit yesterday. It was just my first day SERIOUSLY back on plan since the surgery....and so my stomach was used to having a lot more food.

Oh...and I got so hungry that I binged on my chipotle. My boyfriend brought some over yesterday evening, and I usually measure it out for 2 or 3 meals and count all of the WW points for it and everything....but no...I ate the whole thing. I felt so sick afterwords. I guess it could have been worse. I have been known to get a double whataburger and 2 large fries when I'm binging....so chipotle is probably a lot healthier. I still wish I had been able to control myself. That's okay though, today will be a much better day. I went to the grocery store last night after that and got only healthy foods that fit into my diet, came home and gave everything else in my cabinets and refrigerator to my mom and dad. I don't have temptations laying around anymore. Now I've just got to fight the temptation to eat out. lol

Have a good day everyone!
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #10  
Stressed out Mom/Student

DivineFidelity: I know exactly how you feel about not being able to see past your weight. All I seem to see in the mirror is how my thighs protrude in the front and my chubby cheeks.

Last edited by doubtingJulia; 05-17-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #11  
Stressed out Mom/Student

Also, I thought I'd share this. Just to show off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00698.jpg (19.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Thank you everyone! I can say that I'm very proud because I have yet to give in to drinking a coke since September!
But what IT boils down to is I have no time to work out and my meals are OFF schedule because of work. so Its either me having slip ups or me not making any money..and sometimes I'm about to half tempted to give up my job just so I can continue doing well and taken care of myself!! But if I gave up my job me and my family wouldn't have any "EXTRAS" like going on vacation ... or random shopping..so i guess i got to get it together while working! lol.
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:18 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

thanks everyone, i figured my walk was great on most days but realized i needed something more, and got up this morning and joined curves! and btw, the one in my town, kicked my butt! i was breathless halfway through! yey!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

UGH!! So frustrated.

I was supposed to find out whether I got into this internship today. I called the admissions office and found out I will have to wait at least another week for the decision. I literally got no sleep all weekend anticipating the decision.

Now I have another week of being ridiculously anxious. I wish they would have told me 2.5-3 weeks instead of 1 when I first asked. This internship would mean getting out of my parents house this fall and starting my career. If I don't get it I have to stay here and take some more grad classes (which wouldn't be terrible, but I really want to get out).

Also this stress has been horrible for my weight loss efforts. *deep breaths*
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

It's a wonder how quickly the female mood can change.... I feel remarkably more positive today! Weird. Anywho, I won't argue with it. hahaha. Weighing in tomorrow, and might even take some measurements, as you suggested, Divine! I don't have measuring "tape"... but I do have an actual tape measure, so I can rig something up with string.

Miz-- How's the cold? Feeling better yet? I'll trade you for the needy boy... I've been in a dating Desert for far, far too long. Like, I'm starting to have a complex about it.

doubtingjulia-- How do you like your new gym so far? Hope you have lots of sweaty fun there!

chloekinsicle-- Congrats on getting through the semester, and best of luck on your weight loss this summer. It'll be sunny before we know it

galwaygirl-- How is the new office treating you? Sending you Willpower vibes for the dinner for your Dad.

JLNichols-- No one is sick of you, hush! Hahaha I have really enjoyed watching your journey. I've always only had somewhere between 5-15 lbs to lose, but the amount you have lost is truly an accomplishment. Glad you are doing better today. Keep us posted!! PS-- I am in the overweight category too BUT we're gonna change that!

Icon-- Seems like your new position/work is keeping you on your toes! Keep us posted

Divine-- Thank you for the kind words! How did it go today after getting the healthy stuff at the grocery store? I know that for me, if I haven't planned out balanced protein/carb combo snacks, I get ravenous and eat waaaaay too much at the next chance I get. If you like Turkey Chili, I have a great recipe that I can send you. It's low on calories/fat, tastes reeeeaally good, and it literally takes 15 mins to assemble if you have a CrockPot. It will feed you and the BF with plenty left over to take to work during the week!

aggie2006--Hello there! Congrats on joining Curves. Are ya sore?

Scarlett-- I am terrible at waiting for news like that, too. I have even called potential employers on occasion because the suspense just swallows me up. So, I feel for ya. Hang in there! Sometimes when I get in a serious stress funk like that, I stick in my headphones and go for a long walk somewhere scenic/away from home (like the waterfront, or even just a different neighborhood), and I bring my journal with me. When I get tired, I sit and pour it all out on paper until I'm ready to go home. At the very least, you get a little extra exercise out of the deal!

Welllll..... I had a busy night at work last night, and it did wonders for my mood. I got so wrapped up in all the stuff I had to do, I forgot to be crabby. Go figure.

Exercise plan for tonight: 3 mile run with friend.

I've got the exercise under control, especially with the half marathon training beginning next week. I just need to reign in this eating situation. I'm not sure why I think I can continue to go crazy on weekends/multiple nights out and not see a stall. I'm in denial that I've gotten older, my metabolism is slower, and that I am legitimately 4'11'' and there is no reason for me to need so many calories. A once a week treat day, which most people do, is fine-- but I can't keep going over my calories several times a week. No deficit = no loss.

As such, I've decided that I need something to work toward. It seems like mini-goals work well for others....so, if I can stay within my calories every day for a week, I will let myself get a pedicure next week.

Last edited by FatPantsSkinnyJeans; 05-17-2011 at 05:48 PM.
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote