3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   30 day shred questions- for previous shredders! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/233305-30-day-shred-questions-previous-shredders.html)

ButterCup85 05-15-2011 06:29 PM

30 day shred questions- for previous shredders!

I used the search option and read as much as I could about it, I just have some questions for anyone who has done it.

1. What was your starting weight?
2. Could you do all of level one without taking short breaks when you started?
3 Did you modify any moves?
4. Did you do it all in 30 days or skip some days?
5. Did you stretch out the levels past the 10 days for each level days?
6. Did you add anything else to your routine at the time as well?
7. What was your ending weight?
8 Did you feel like it was worth it?
9. Would you recommend it?
10. And lastly, any tips for a beginner?

I weigh 222 I find this very difficult, and I started 5 days ago at 8 minutes, did the whole level today but still had breathers a few times.

MaddieBPhoto 05-15-2011 07:02 PM

This is round 3 for me, so I should be able to answer these! ;)

I used the search option and read as much as I could about it, I just have some questions for anyone who has done it.

1. What was your starting weight? 173.8
2. Could you do all of level one without taking short breaks when you started? Still have to take breaks - it's really hard.
3 Did you modify any moves? Yes.
4. Did you do it all in 30 days or skip some days? Did it 30 days straight through. I think there may have been 1 or 2 days I missed due to sickness...
5. Did you stretch out the levels past the 10 days for each level days? No, she tells you to do each level for 10 days, so that's what I did.
6. Did you add anything else to your routine at the time as well? No, this is a total body workout.
7. What was your ending weight? 166.2
8 Did you feel like it was worth it? YES! I lost 7 inches all over in 1 month. It's only 20 mins which is something I can commit to.
9. Would you recommend it? YES!
10. And lastly, any tips for a beginner? You'll feel like you're gonna die, but you won't. Eventually, it will become less excruciating - the first few days are killer, but it's worth it at the end of 30 days when you've lost pounds & inches.

curlysue82 05-24-2011 07:59 PM

Way to go Madisson Ave thats some loss fair play..
Buttercups, are you still doing the 30 day shred? how are you finding it, i started it on Sunday and find it a great workout, just wondering if you can see a difference?

also i did the 6pk in 6 weeks one and that one i was well impressed with :)

Dog Rescue Mama 05-24-2011 08:35 PM

I started the video yesterday and pushing really hard at level 1. I odviousally am in very poor shape haha. I plan to keep at it every day but ohhhh i'm sooooo sore!

racrane 05-24-2011 09:00 PM

I didn't do the whole 30 days thing but I keep doing it - I incorporate it into my other work outs. I prefer to not just do one thing. Anyway, I've had it over a year and it's really amazing. Most of my weight is due to my bingeing, but I will say I'm in pretty good health due to JM's dvd's. I'm strong, can do stairs and more crunches since I've used her dvd, etc. So, even though I haven't measured myself and haven't lost much weight, I know it's a great resource and heartily recommend it. :)

ish 05-24-2011 11:31 PM

I also started this over the weekend, had to take a break because I got sick, though. We should all come back in a weeks time and report how we're doing!

I plan to see it through the full 30 days, 10 days at each level.

kgsmiles3 05-25-2011 10:34 AM

Starting in June I'm going to begin 30 day shred along with my 5x a week workouts. Wish me Luck

curlysue82 05-25-2011 01:13 PM

I started on sunday and did Monday and was soooooo sore yesterday when i came home from work i went for a lie down and slept for 4 hours haha i recon it must be working...

Dog rescue mama: i ache ALL over even places i didn't know i had muscles :)

Gd luck kgsmiles3 :)

ill come back in a week hope to keep it up daily off to do day 3 now..

Cheers racrane i think ill defn lose more if i keep this up, when i started in January the exercises i had been doing until last week were tough but had gotten easier and didn't realise that i had plateaued not any more ..jillian is gonna kick asses into gear :)

Ferumbras 05-25-2011 01:22 PM

I started it on Saturday and am loving it. I had to adjust the lateral arm raise with the side lunge to just using one weight as opposed to two, but even after 5 days I can tell there's a difference. Yesterday, I did level one twice, back to back. I exchanged one set of push-ups for a plank, but otherwise managed to keep up. I doubt I'll lose many pounds from doing it, but I'm hoping that the toning benefits will pay off.

I plan to do it every day for the full 30 days, but as I have a trip planned second week of June, I may need to make some modifications. Or take it with me.

After the first two or three days I was really sore, but I pushed through and now that soreness has largely diminished/disappeared. I'd say stick with it.

PicklesThePirate 05-25-2011 02:14 PM

What is 30 day shred, exactly? I've heard people mention it. Is it any good?

Ferumbras 05-25-2011 02:47 PM

30 Day Shred is a fitness program led by Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser. All you need is some floor space and free weights. The idea is that for 30 days you do her program, which is about 20 minutes long. It's split into 3 levels. Level 1 you do for 10 days, then level 2 for ten, then level 3. It's a mix of cardio, strength and ab training, keeping you constantly moving. The idea is that by the end you'll be stronger and more toned. I've only just begun, so I can't speak to the end results, but I do like it and feel stronger even after only 5 days.

SuaSponte 05-25-2011 03:10 PM

Ferumbras, about how much room would you say you need? Unfortunately until August 1, I'm sharing a studio with BF - so would I need enough room to run around a lot or just do basic exercises? I definitely need something to step-up my work out routine.

Ferumbras 05-25-2011 03:15 PM

Just basic exercises. Enough room to do jumping jacks, lunges in either direction, and the ability to lay on the floor for ab work.

SuaSponte 05-25-2011 04:43 PM

Thanks! Just bought 5 lb weights on Amazon - and, just in case others are thinking about it, if you're a student and sign up for Amazon Prime, you can get the 30 day shred in 3 episodes for only $1.99/episode.

Thanks for the motivation guys! I'm excited.

curlysue82 05-25-2011 05:02 PM

I'm gonna stick with it, good motivation ferumbras i am also doing her 6 pack in 6 weeks dvd.. i really really like this one ..but its torture..

I am failing on keeping up with the press ups but am getting stronger..

i dunno but i feel better after 3 days defn toning up.. again i am intrigued to see if this will translate into loss on the scale but i'm hoping for a good week, as i have been yo -yo ing up and down 3lb here and 2 lb there for about 6 weeks highly frustrating... :(