Old 05-12-2011, 03:49 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Today I started New Rules of Lifting for Women. I really enjoyed the workout but I am a little undone by the harping the book does about 1200 calorie diets ruining your RMR and throwing you all off kilter/ general doom-saying. Now I can understand that they have a general point, but I just came off a year of 1300 calories average. (if I'd found 3FC earlier I might have started at a higher #) so I feel like they're telling me I've failed and done everything wrong and probably destroyed pounds of muscle mass. Not the most positive approach to the program. Anyways, 135.8 again today and fine with that.

Ferumbras - my handle comes from where I work, it is a 15'x15' room which we cannot leave called affectionately "the box" when I started my twitter, I realized I had outgrown my old handle and chose a new one "fromthebox" By the way you remind me a lot of one of my friends who is getting her doctorate in June. The first chapter of her thesis is on John Studley's 1566 translation of Medea

krampusThe tattoo isn't a "couple's" one per say. He had a previous one which read "Never again risk your heart" and had it amended to say "except for your one true love" when I got mine. PS I hate rain as well!

MiZ- I hate the DMV here too, the California one is legend for its lines and terrible service. I have more reasons to hate them though and that is with all their bureaucratic BS they can't do data entry properly and it messes with our policework. So many errors.

Riestrella- I'm glad you have something to work for in your tattoos. I'm so bad at sticking to rewards, I always say "well I don't need this" and downplay my own success.

Finally, here are the pics OMG I look pasty in the second one. The text is "Le mo ghrása mise, agus liomsa mo ghrá"
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:56 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

@fromthebox: Wow! you look great! And I love the tattoo. I wouldn't worry about the book too much. So many variables go into what's appropriate for each body to lose weight. After all, I'm working with an actual MD who has me on a 900 calorie diet, so clearly there's no magic number.

@Krampus: I thought that might be the origin, but wasn't sure. I'm with you on the not liking children thing. I have no idea what to do around them. And I never understand what they're saying.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #33  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Ferumbras – It wasn’t that frustrating like if they said they couldn’t register my car I would have been super pissed, I laughed at the license situation I have three months to switch it over which I’m not too worried about. Having to get an 08 vehicle that was bought here but because of my move it got registered in another province was ******ed to say the least but whatever all this crap is because the government are money grabbers. I’ll just remember the next time I move get a two year sticker instead of a one year one haha.

KRampus – woot for being 131!!!! I don’t know if your excited about that, but I am! Haha

Beila – Which house wife show? I love the real house wives of orange county! But I now have basic cable so don’t get to watch it as much if not at all LOL.

Fromthebox – First off smoking hot body! I’m envious of you!!! And second wicked tattoo! I want to get one, but it’ll be huge taking up my whole back. It’ll be a tiger ripping apart a tiger and the only thing I want in colour is the blood. Sound morbid but it pretty much represents something about me so at the same time it’s sick. Haha.

===
TOM is here!!! I have to say YES I AM EXCITED ABOUT THAT! For the reason being because I took BC for two weeks maybe three and my moods went from normal to unstable so I stopped taking it and got my period twice last month (I think it was last month) and the second time the period came was near the 23rd instead of where it’s at now and I thought booo I’m now going to get my period on my birthday and on my holiday week!!!! But you know what? Nope I have it now!!! Yay me! Today after work I’m going clothing shopping with Sweets I think shes coming anyways and I’m buying a new pair of jeans, a jacket and a top….bloated haha we’ll see how that goes but whatever. *Does a little dance* oh and a new workout outfit maybe this will help me become motivated. Oh baby.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I like Real Housewives of NY, RHONY, but RHOOC, and RHOBH are my next faves! I have become a TV junkie of some sorts, and it worries me a bit because I read this article that said the majority of people that lost weight and kept it off for a long time only watched 8 hours of TV PER WEEK. I watch that much per DAY! Oh well, as long as I keep exercising, I should be ok.

I also watch the Rosie Pope show,Pregnant in Heels, but can't stand her voice. I just like watching the lunatic pregnant women in Manhattan.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Real Housewives of New Jersey is my favorite!!!! Granted, I'm not too sure about this coming season with new people added, but we will see!
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Hey all,
Just stopping in for a quick Hello. One more shift at work and then 3 glorious days off.

Had a wee little run in with mini cupcakes/other mini baked goods yesterday, but didn't let it turn into a full-on binge. Plus I had a bit of calorie wiggle room anyway. It was a close call, but I think I made it out ok.

Catch ya tomorrow!
-FPSJ
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Beyond aggrivated. Yesterday I did SO good. Today AWFUL. Why am I sabotaging myself?....It makes me so upset I want to cry!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #38  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Happy Friday the 13th! Today for the first time in about 5,000 years it's not raining. I woke up at 6 am feeling awesome and went out for a jog - but not until after pooping. This is a gigantic victory, perhaps being a "regular" pooper is in the cards for me after all. Weight is down, 59.1 kg/130.3 lbs today and I'm wearing my "skinny" pants to work - the ones I had been conveniently ignoring for weeks and weeks.

All this tattoo talk makes me crave. I always liked the idea of scarification tattoos. Unfortunately, the only place on my body where I'd want one (the back of my neck) is tainted by fracking eczema that looks like a hickey whenever I'm not on the pill. FAIL. I am thinking about getting something small and stupid in a tucked away place though, just because. I'm going to Osaka in 2 weeks (they have non-yakuza tattoo artists there); perhaps I'll get that black spade I've been wanting for years?

JLNichols Hang in there, I know how it feels. I really do. I've been on the self-sabotage merry-go-round for months now! How was your birthday?

FPSJ Nice work on reining it in. Screw binges, you deserve better than that.

Beila I'd probably turn into a blue whale in HK, Canto people are so blunt about calling everyone fat that I'd probably go insane. That's really impressive that you lost the weight you gained so quickly!

MiZTaCCeN YESSSSSS congrats on TOM! I've been waiting for over 2 months now for mine to come after going off BC. I'm okay if it never does, though I know from past experience that I am not magical and infertile. Enjoy clothes shopping!

ferumbras Glad to hear you already knew about the legendary Krampus. Kids like me, probably because I ignore them instead of doting on them in 'tarded baby voices.

fromthebox The images are blocked at work but I can't wait to go home and see the tattoo pics. That's pretty awesome that your dude amended his, sounds like he was ****-bent on keeping his heart locked up before meeting you! Don't sweat the book, what you're doing is working for you.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #39  

Oh man, was I hungry today. Not entirely sure why. I think in part it's that I'm dehydrated. The water here is crap. Finally went out and about a gallon of water, plus some beef jerky. Yum! I admit, I was a tiny bit bad when we went to the movies -- stole 3 small handfuls of my friend's no-butter popcorn. But after having resisted all the cookies, brownies, and coke sitting out at the conference, I don't feel too bad about this. Plus, I needed the quick carb hit. My blood sugar was making me unhappy.

@JLNicholas: Hang in there! Just jump back on track tomorrow. Don't let today get you down or make you throw in the towel.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:40 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Krampus--i was like 21 then, so it came off easily with 45 min elliptical medium intensity each day. Now, I'm 30 and it seems no amount of exercise will make me lose 1 pound.

Chele615--cant wait for RHONJ, monday's season premiere, 90 min! But I'm also hoping for more drama like last season. Love the table flip episode. PROSTITUTION WHORE! Lol
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:18 AM   #41  

Another big day for me ladies - I woke up to 135.0 today That's 10 pounds past my original goal. Thanks everyone for the compliments on the tattoo, especially MiZ and Ferumbras for the ego boost

MiZ Yay for no TOM on your birthday, that would be terrible. Enjoy shopping with Sweets, sometimes it is the best therapy. I really like your tattoo idea, it sounds kick-a** but I'm not sure I could handle the pain. I bit my lip thru this one because I didn't want to show weakness in front of boy and the artist but it hurt, afterward all I wanted to do was curl up in boy's arms.

Ferumbras Eek 900 calories. I totally trust your MD but I would be crawling up the walls on that. I might try to eat my own arm. A couple handfuls of non-buttered popcorn is totally not bad for you -it's a whole grain and it's like 100 cal to two cups of oil popped even. If you find the water unpalatable you can get a filter pitcher for the fridge fairly cheap. I have been known to put mine in the car when I go to visit my relatives.

Krampus - Scarification sounds cool, but I'd totally chicken out. Yay for the regular pooping, I go back and forth between regular and nothing for days.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #42  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

krampus: Eep! I really hope to keep off weight while I'm there! I adore Japanese food so much, ESPECIALLY (and unfortunately) the rice =(. Will have to work out twice as much! How have you found teaching there? Also, go for the spade tattoo if you want it! Reward yourself!

fromthebox: Oh wow, look how flat your stomach is! Jealous! And lovely tattoo, very unique looking. And congrats on your 135!!

JLNichols07: I think you just need to get out of the mentality that you can treat yourself or give yourself a free pass if you have a good day. I used to work out consistently then the next week feel like I didn't have to work as hard, I was just giving myself excuses to be lazy! Weight loss journeys are very emotional and you have to overcome mental barriers. Consistency is the key, and the sooner you adapt to that fact the less you'll relapse! Don't beat yourself up too much medear, it happens to the best of us. Pick yourself up, brush yourself off and keep going. One day of being bad isn't ruining your whole weight loss goals!

------------

My weigh in is looming around the corner and I'm getting a bit antsy! Want to make this 182 lbs weight official (I was this weight on wednesday, official weigh in day is sunday for me). Boyfriend is coming for a short visit tomorrow til Wednesday, we'll be working on his film most of the time - hoping I resist snacking and his bad influence!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #43  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

So went shopping yesterday bloated but you know what, I can fit into a size 29 jeans! But I bought a size 30 jeans anyways because the ones I tried on looked sooo much better on me and I like it when they’re loose! I also bought a cute batman shirt and a nice black (leather looking) jacket that looked sexy on me! Though the weather is nicer so I won’t really need to wear the jacket much, then again this is Calgary and sometimes it get’s colder especially when it rains for a week! Booyah! Now I just need a date to show off my cute hot outfit I’m totally loving. I tried to get pictures but my mirror sucks sooo soon I shall have updated pictures because I looked totally skinny mini! Yay!

I’m not weighing myself in until tomorrow and to be honest I might skip all this week for a weigh in because we’ll TOM is here and two I think I look awesome without having to step on the depressing scale to tell me nothing went down. Besides I may be (now 155) I still think I can pretty much rock a bikini if I had to in this hot curvalious body! (as long as I only ate fruit all day haha)

KRampus – omg yes it is Friday the 13th!!! My favourite day that only comes once in a blue moon! Yay for the poop and the no rain!

Fromthebox – Woot! Wasn’t 135 your original goal?! Well anyways congrats for getting to it!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:10 AM   #44  

@fromthebox: Congrats on surpassing your goal!!

I'm here for a conference, staying in a dorm room -- so no fridge or anything and definitely not worth buying a filter pitcher for the 3 days remaining. I bought a gallon of spring water at a convenience store last night. That will do just fine.

Last edited by Ferumbras; 05-13-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:06 PM   #45  

MiZ - my goal when I started this journey last march was to get to my Driver's license weight of 145. Silly me, my license actually said 150 (doh') and I'd passed it without realizing it. When I got to 150 I re-assessed everything and decided Maintaining in the mid-130s sounded ideal. I'm glad I kept going, but I'm also fairly sure I'd have been happy at 150 and was too afraid of maintenance (still am)

Riestrella You made me blush! You'll be at your goal in no time too!

Ferumbras - Ick, dorms! Well I'm glad you found a solution for now.

Not much new to report today ladies. I was supposed to go to the gym and do the next workout in NROL but I got a surprise visit from boy and had to clean the house/pick him up from the train before work. We'll see what I can finagle in terms of exercise tonight, as our gym closes too early on fridays.