3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Getting so close - focus (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/232266-getting-so-close-focus.html)

luciddepths 05-01-2011 08:50 PM

Getting so close - focus

Well, it's time to get my buns in gear. I've given my self till ~July to get to goal. I'm sitting at around 163... i've got 18 lbs left. This might be a long post...just venting my self on here..

My man is gone for the summer, working and it was in my benefit last year when he went. I seem to focus WAY more on weight loss, mind you that's all i have to do ! hah. I still HATE it :( I <3 him. Going on 7 years...and it still is hard.. really hard to be apart!

This is going to be hard though, we currently live with my parents and as of yesterday our basement flooded (where myself and the man live) so.. while its all being repaired guess where i'll have to be? Upstairs.. UGH. I HATE it. Lots of tension between myself and my mom we do not get along. More because i cannot stand the whining and constant guilt that she seems to hand out when its usually her fault for whatever the situation is :(.

So i've got a plan for myself...RUN> Basically.. run 3 days a week and walk 3 days a week.. and take a day off if i want. I lift boxes and do all that stuff at work so that counts as weights.

I started today, i ran about 2 km with one of my dogs! and I wasnt even tired. My knees were alittle sore after, but not really. So i'm thinking that could be a stress relief if i start running.

I really want to be at goal by July, the other half - his sister is getting married and i havent seen ANY of them since well.. my heaviest...225. I kind of want to Wow them :D!

So in June my sister inlaw and I are going to go dress shopping! WOOT WOOT. ALSO i really want to be in a bathing suit this summer. My brother and wife recently had a baby girl and they LOVE going to the lake so i want to be Auntie! ALL ready to go!

As of late, i havent exercised at all and i've been eating TERRIBLE.. er well, sort of. Really i'm still pretty aware and try and choose the better option, but still! So time to buckle down, get rid of this weight! I can't believe its only 18 lbs left!

milmin2043 05-01-2011 11:52 PM

Great plan. If you stick with it, you should have no trouble losing the other 18 by July. I lost a ton of weight when I started seriously running, at least every other day. It just melted off.

I look forward to hearing about your progress.

sun 05-02-2011 12:02 AM

ok we are at the same weight and I would love to be 140 by June! I don't know if I can loose that fast but I would love to have you for accountability that way I get atleast close :) I need to get down to 125 but that is a ways away. Whatta say?

luciddepths 05-02-2011 12:15 AM

Running was your "thing"? :D thats awesome! i've heard nothing but good things for running.

Oh yes, definitely!!! i'd love to help you out and you help me out!!! I ran today, i'm going to tomorrow depending on weather!

SunnyMathChick 05-02-2011 12:16 AM

Our stats are so similar... though you're definitely ahead of me! I look forward to watching your progress and gaining inspiration. I have some similar goals and would LOVE to be at goal weight by the end of the summer.

Let's do this thing!

luciddepths 05-02-2011 12:19 AM

YAY! this is good guys, this means.. i have to keep updating here! muwaha

I'm actually online right now shopping for some running gear.

Riestrella 05-02-2011 05:57 AM

Running is amazing for me. I ran 3 times a week for 2 and a half months and I lost a lot of weight (shame I put it all back on!). I'm back on a running schedule now, and I lost 4 pounds this week!

Just a few words of caution - make sure you get some good running shoes. I'm sure there's a thread in the Exercise forum here that'll detail them better than I could. Also, make sure you stretch your calves, do some knee circles before AND after your run. I know some people say "why are you stretching before?" but my calves used to lock up and then I started stretching before and it did the trick!

Make sure you always warm up to the run. Walk - then jog - then go into your run. If you just get out of the house sprinting then it's going to ruin your knees!

Other than that, just go for it! Running is great, and running with a dog is so much better!

Good luck with your last push, I'm sure you'll manage it if you keep consistent and positive! And think of the look on your boyfriends face when he sees you at your target weight, that's what I did and I lost a lot ;P

luciddepths 05-04-2011 02:29 PM

Definitely! shoes are so important. i think i'm going to go to a specific running store within the month to get better ones. I've got good ones but i want the best i can for it.

just alittle update... LOTS of crap has happened! Where my SO and me live (we live in my parents basement) FLOODED. SO now i have to live upstairs and ughhh its hard! haha So i've had to move all of our stuff (the man is away working) upstairs so i've been so damn tired i havent ran, i havent done ANYTHING. ugh.

Just more stress i tell you.