Old 04-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248.6/226.8/150

Height: 5'3

Default Officially, the Buddy System!

So there have been a few threads with people reaching out for buddies, and I don't know if I'm being too shy or what, but I haven't been able to find a buddy myself Not throwing a pity party here, but I just thought it would be nice to create a thread where people can create their own buddy systems or whatever.

I'm definitely not trying to imply that the "Daily Weightloss" or "Weekly Chatter" threads aren't helpful, but I know that I really like having a person to talk to one on one about goals, achievements and roadblocks. That may just be me though.

Anyway, I'm definitely looking for at least one buddy, so if anyone's interested, let me know!
LogRollMagerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #2  
DIVA Member

S/C/G: 280/280/180

Height: 5'7

Lightbulb Hello

Well I'm new here...and I have been on the lookout for some support..before I start my weight loss journey!!! I'm thinking about doing the Food Lovers Program...I'm going to order it tomorrow and try it for myself if I don't find any more info about it
msbabygurl313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #3  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

i'm definitely up for a more personal buddy. I check the forum a lot, but I check facebook and my phone more...and even just being able to text someone when i'm staring at that piece of pizza or heading for that fast food drive through would be wonderful. This isn't my first time on this journey...and I think part of the reason I didn't make it all the way last time was that I didn't have any close personal support. I talked to people on the forum...but they didn't even really know all that much about me. Long story short...I wouldn't mind a buddy if you're interested. =)
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:23 PM   #4  

I would love to be both of your buddies! I feel like the more there are the better.

msbabygurl313 I just started as well becaue I really need some support. I've done the whole weight loss thing in the past, and it always works best for me when there are people I can share tips and hints and success with. That said, I haven't done the Food Lover's Program before. But let me know if you end up trying it and if it works for you!

DevineFidelity I'm new but it seems like it's difficult to really connect with someone on the forums. There is SO much support because there are o man people but since there are so many people it seems hard to create a one-on-one. I'm on Weight Watchers for the second time, and the first time I lost a bunch of weight, but now it's back. I totally understand the frustration of gaining it back and not having someone there to help you past that and back on your weight loss goal. I check Facebook and my phone as well, but I'm also on AIM quite a bit. So I'm up for buddies as well
Old 04-28-2011, 10:27 PM   #5  

My private message box is always open for people who'd like to be buddies

I'm female, 25 years of age, and anything else you wanna know, just ask
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:37 PM   #6  

Ok, I feel totally inept, but I can't, for the life of me, find the private message box on this site! *sob*
Old 04-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #7  

LogRollMagerino, I think it's probably because you're not up to 20 posts or 20 days yet That's when it started working for me.
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #8  
Captain of Cool

S/C/G: 205/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

I'd like a buddy, too. I'm pretty new here. I've been trying to start talking, but it's kind of intimidating at first. I'm female and 21.
PicklesThePirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:59 PM   #9  

Rainbowgirl Thanks! I was wondering why I couldn't find it ANYWHERE! Well then, it looks like I'm banished to being a Board Buddy for another 18 days then. But I am happy to be that until then The threads can't be a bad place to have buddies for now :-P

PicklesThePirateI totally understand feeling intimidated! It was a bit nerve wracking starting my own thread :-P And I'm 21 and a lady as well
Old 04-28-2011, 11:26 PM   #10  
on the way to skinny

LogRollMagerino - I'm a second time Weight Watchers girl too! I lost 71 pounds last time around and made it down to 180 lbs (the lowest weight I can remember being since middle school, and I was about 4 inches shorter then)....and then I started dating my amazing boyfriend of almost 13 months who has also been my best friend for 8 years and I liked him that whole time...and I was at a point in my journey where I was confident and comfortable and happy...and so I started slipping up and stopped caring. Now I'm back at 230 pounds and still very happy...but I don't feel healthy anymore. This time around, I'm not doing it so I can look good. I'm doing it because I don't like how I feel when I'm this big. My hope is that with that kind of motivation, it will be easier to make to to my goal. My boyfriend is also dieting with me, although I can't tell how serious he is. He's 6'2" and he started at 336 pounds last wednesday and this wednesday he was down to 327....he's dutifully writing down the weight watchers points for everything he eats in his spiral...but he's been staying at my house for the past week (i had my tonsils out, he's been taking care of me), and I don't know if he'll be able to keep it up when he goes back home because I don't know how supportive his parents will be. I want to help him, but I can't tell if he really wants it or if he's just doing it for me...and I don't want to let myself worry too much about it because if I do and he starts to slack then I'll start to slack as well, ya know? He avoids talking about dieting seriously and I think its because he's uncomfortable with me knowing how much his weight bothers him (i had to argue with him for an hour just to get him on the scale because he was scared of the number he would see), but it's hard to tell if maybe he just isn't really taking this seriously. Idk.

Anyways, it will be good to have a buddy who's on the same system as me and around the same weight as me currently. If you want to look me up on facebook my name is Rachel and my email is [email protected]...I've posted it on the forums before and I'm not too worried about people from 3FC adding me...just please when you add me put a message that you're from 3FC and your name on here. =D
Old 04-29-2011, 12:18 AM   #11  
Journey to New Self!

S/C/G: 287/272/268

Im up for a buddy! It really helps the motivation piece aside from reading other inspirational posts on this site. DivineFidelity how are ya!?. We can never have too many buddies on this journey!! Its HARD!
whitlockdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:24 AM   #12  
on the way to skinny

I'm good whitlockdj. Starting to feel better after my surgery. It's day 8 post op now, almost day 9. I'm hoping that by monday I'll be able to go back to work. I've lost 5 pounds since last wednesday though, which is AWESOME...but I know it's going to get harder once I'm actually able to eat solid foods again. lol. How are you doing?
Old 04-29-2011, 12:59 AM   #13  

I'm looking for a buddy. I have about 25 pounds I want to lose. I want to lose it over the next three months or so. I am starting now, or a couple weeks ago and I need the motivation to stay away from the chocolate. I am fine with exercise, but sometimes I get a craving for a chocolate bar. So I end up eating one.
Ashley868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:14 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

I would really like a buddy as well. The whole idea of having someone you can text when things get tough sounds perfect for me, as well as someone to help yell at me to workout, eat right, etc. I'm 29 and trying to lose another 40-50 lbs at minimum.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:25 AM   #15  
Losing Weight As I Work

S/C/G: 235 / tracker / 150

Height: 5'6

I have been on here for a while and I really think I need a buddy as well.
jlee10 is offline   Reply With Quote