Old 04-29-2011, 12:51 AM   #1  

Default A size 6 but still fat...

I noticed that I can fit into a size 6 now. This is a size I've been wanting to fit into since I was a size 14 and overweight. It isn't that I am not happy about it. It's just the fact that I still have a belly that sticks out. When I was in High School I could fit into a 5/6 size and everyone complimented me on how skinny I was. I am pretty sure I did not have a belly that stuck out like the one I have now. So even though I can fit into a size 6, and I am going to continue to try and lose the belly, I don't feel satisfied with the way I look. Not only that, but when I tell people I am exercising I get comments like "Good for you." So I don't know if I should take that as "Good for you, you are finally getting rid of the fat" or just a true "good for you."

My motivation to lose weight is by buying clothes two sizes too small, so I am going to be buying size 4 pants soon. So I am hoping that if I go down two sizes this time, the belly will be gone.

I'm kind of wondering if maybe for my height, a size 6 is considered fat still. I am 5'4. What is a good size for someone who is 5'4 anyway? Size 2 sounds too tiny, I don't want to be a stick. I just want a flat belly and to be curvy. I have curves, but a fat belly.

Last edited by Ashley868; 04-29-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Ashley868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/180/125

Height: 5'5

Girl thats awesome GOOD FOR YOU for getting down to a size 6! You inspire me! I am pretty much where you started off in a 12/14 right now. I understand about the flat belly. I'm not sure I will ever get that back
If buying clothes to small works as motivation for you go for it! Personally it just depresses me!
I'm 5'5 and pre baby I was a size 4/6 so I think that is completly acceptable for your height!
Keep at it you have gotten this far I'm sure you can make it happen!
TrishG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/167/150

Height: 5'8

Exercise. Work up to two minutes of planks every other day--and don't worry if you can only start with 10 seconds at time!! (Google plank for videos & instructions.) Two minutes every other day will do wonders for your core muscles and so for your belly.
thymeleaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:47 AM   #4  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Ugh! I feel the exact same way as you! I am in a size 8 currently and I'm 5'4 but this damn belly!!! My goal was always a size 6 but I'm wondering that even if I get there (Because technically I AM there in certain brands) if they belly is going to GO AWAY! Every other part of my body is extremely tight and formed so well and the belly is just so far behind everythign else...it's like a tight firm belly but it's flabby at the bottom, dunno how to explain it...I just want it GONE! These last 20 lbs I have to lose HAVE GOT to come from my belly!

I wish you good luck! I think a size 3/4 and 5/6 is good for 5'4!
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

This is kind of my biggest fear. I'm 5' 4" but not at a size 6 yet. I do understand what you mean I'm finding my belly seems to be the last place any fat comes off. The stubborn belly is definitely frustrating!

Going off my body which is at a size 10/11 (hey, I squeezed into a size 9 a couple times ) a size 4 would probably be belly vanishing point. For you it's really going to depend on your body type (apple, pear, hourglass, rectangle, etc). Do you carry your weight on the top of your body? The lower half? Or is it balanced out? The shape your body counts quite a bit.
rbphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:15 AM   #6  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

It totally depends on the person and their bone structure and distribution of T&A. I'm a 4/6 at 5'4 and definitely "pudgy" or "chubby" on the whole (and not just my belly, all of me) because I have a tiny skeleton and I'm not terribly muscular aside from my legs. It is frustrating because at my height/weight I see white/black chicks my height who have flat stomachs or at least look proportional. I can grab my stomach and make it into shapes and a two-piece bathing suit is not an option.

I feel your pain!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'6"

I am 5'6" and fit into a 3/4 and STILL have a belly from ****! I never thought I would still have a belly like this at this small. Krampus, I am in the same boat (oh ya, and I'm a white chick lol), I can grab my belly and make all kinds of weird disgusting shapes.
Crystalx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #8  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

First of all - CONGRATULATIONS! Well done on reaching that size, that's amazing! I think if you're experience pudginess then just try a lot of toning exercises. Lower abs and that awful stomach area is known to be a *****, and getting the perfect flat stomach (like all those celebs have) takes extremely intensive work outs and strict dieting.

Crunches, sit ups, mountain climbers, bicycle crunches and all those intensive moves that make you feel like your abs are on fire will help. And psychologically, there's nothing like feeling your abs ache - feels like progress!

Try and not get down on yourself, remember how far you've come and don't compare yourself to anyone, even your past self.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

i am 5'4, and at my smallest (132lbs), i still only fit into a size 9. i had a super flat tummy, but very wide hips, so it really depends on your body. you need to be proud of what you have accomplished-you're doing GREAT!!!
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #10  

I'm glad to know I am not the only one who feels this way. I have been doing cardio, and I was planning to do some of the weights at the gym for core this week. i haven't made it to the gym though because it's been pouring everyday and I don't drive. I've been doing what I can at home though.

And believe me, I am proud to be down to this size. And I am sure my size 14 self would be asking me why I am complaining. It's just this stupid belly. I was told that the stomach is the hardest place to lose weight though.

I just worry about people being able to see my belly. I was wearing a size six pair of shorts last weekend, and it wasn't that I had a muffin top, like my sides weren't leaking over the top and the shorts felt loose, that's how I know it fits... it's just that my stomach did stick out a little. Once I had a shirt on though, it wasn't as noticeable as when I had it off.

Next week it's supposed to be nice out, so I can start my walks again and my intense cardio again. I am going to be working out for the next couple days. It's going to be nice out tomorrow.

Last edited by Ashley868; 04-29-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Ashley868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 202/175/No idea

Height: 6'3

I'm right where you are. It seems like passing each watermark was easy, but seeing the results in the places you want is a much more fickle creature.

I'm 6'3 - 175 LBS and I still carry an "uncomfortable" amount of weight in my stomach and thighs. I think the term is skinnyfat. It's uncomfortable enough for me to not want to go be seen without a shirt on or go to the beach.

I'm hoping that the next couple of pounds come off those areas. I'm really glad you made this topic because it's been frustrating me for a few weeks now.

-L89
Lurker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #12  

Height: 5'4''

I am 5'4 and have 13 pounds to go till normal weight but my belly seems to barely lose at all while my thighs are always shrinking (though I have wide hips so I doubt I'll ever wear a small size). I feel like the fattest looking woman of my height/weight ever. It really depressees me that it just isn't disappearing

Last edited by popspry; 04-29-2011 at 04:55 PM.
popspry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #13  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Congrats on getting into a size six!

i think no matter what size i get down to, i think I'll always have a belly. at my smallest when I was in a size 8/10 I still had a belly. It runs in my family, so I don't think I'm ever going to lose it, its just where i carry my weight!
I think you should be proud of yourself that you have gone down to that size! ((::
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 229/185/155

I understand completely. I also wonder if once you start exercising/dieting and start seeing results, if you can ever be 'satisfied'.

Lurker, I'm 6'3" as well and about 177 now and understand your dilemma exactly. I am a perfect size 10, which, for 6'3" is pretty small but I still look like a cow. I am skinnyfat too and have been trying to rectify the issue but it's slow going. What is your end goal/objective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker89 View Post
I'm right where you are. It seems like passing each watermark was easy, but seeing the results in the places you want is a much more fickle creature.

I'm 6'3 - 175 LBS and I still carry an "uncomfortable" amount of weight in my stomach and thighs. I think the term is skinnyfat. It's uncomfortable enough for me to not want to go be seen without a shirt on or go to the beach.

I'm hoping that the next couple of pounds come off those areas. I'm really glad you made this topic because it's been frustrating me for a few weeks now.

-L89
bleujean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #15  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: 161.6/161.6/120

Height: 5'2.5"

I completely understand. I wear a size 4/6 but I have a high body fat percentage. It seems like everything on my body is just fat. It's a little depressing to think about.
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote