3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   I need a weight loss buddy, anyone interested? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/231566-i-need-weight-loss-buddy-anyone-interested.html)

Hamoco350 04-22-2011 12:35 AM

I need a weight loss buddy, anyone interested?

My journey has been so tough, that going alone is stressful for me sometimes. I would love to make some friends and maybe find some people close to my age to be buddies with. I'm up to exchanging FB info too, if that helps.

I never thought I would be asking for a buddy, but I think I am going to need one. It's getting harder emotionally, I think... I have some barriers to break through.

whitlockdj 04-22-2011 11:07 PM

I posted a similar post last week! 240 is my goal and I would be HAPPY to be your buddy! I know exactly what your going through.

Hamoco350 04-22-2011 11:26 PM

Awesome! I sent you a message! :)

HappilyMe 04-23-2011 01:54 AM

I would also love to be your buddy! My goal is different from yours, but it's always nice to have an motivational and accountability partner. Let me know if you are interested. ;)

t0rn 04-23-2011 02:08 AM

I could always use more weight loss buddies :) It helps a lot when you have that support there. I'm usually always available, so feel to message me. :)

Also, congrats on the 64 pound loss!! That is amazing :)

Goody3shoes 04-27-2011 12:27 AM

Hi!

I'm definitely in need of more weight loss buddies. :hug:

LogRollMagerino 04-27-2011 12:05 PM

I don't know how many buddies you wanted, but here's another one. I know I just started, but I've been trying to lose weight again and found that it's been almost impossible without someone who's on the same path who can celebrate when I've got to the top of a hill or nudge me along when I'm dragging my feet. Anyway, this labored prose piece is just a way of saying, if all the "buddy" positions are not filled, I'd love to provide another shoulder to lean on.

scjp926 04-27-2011 12:36 PM

I could use a buddy as well! I am new to this and I would love someone to hold me accountable!

DivineFidelity 04-27-2011 12:39 PM

I'd definitely be up for another buddy. We're actually around the same weight right now, which is pretty cool. I haven't seen too many people in the 20-somethings that are around the weight I'm at right now. It's always nice to be able to encourage other people and have them encourage you as well. =D

LA85 04-27-2011 01:40 PM

You will get to the 199! :))

NiteOwlMommy 04-28-2011 12:09 AM

I'll join in on this buddy system! Goody3shoes your goal is almost exactly what I'm pushing towards I've been finding it almost impossible to see anything under 179 I'm currently 182 but I hope to go into the 170's soon! How has everyone else been doing this week?

Tiffany lynn 04-28-2011 12:32 AM

I could totally use a weight loss buddy!

Ewiemama 04-28-2011 12:51 AM

We need a game plan!

Quote:

Originally Posted by scjp926 (Post 3826006)
I could use a buddy as well! I am new to this and I would love someone to hold me accountable!

Yes!!!!! I NEEEEED someone (or many someones!) to hold me ACCOUNTABLE!
I'm 31 years old, overweight, tired, lazy, achy, and TIRED OF LOOKING AND FEELING LIKE THIS! I'm tired of wearing clothes that I hate because I have such limited selections. I'm tired of feeling unsexy in bed with my husband. I'm tired of feeling invisible! Enough is enough. I've been using food to comfort myself because I'm feeling bad about my body for TOO LONG! it's very silly and non productive. Soooooo.... Maybe those of us who want to join this "buddy system" could devise a plan to help keep us all on track? Perhaps we can post what we ate for the day, or when we cheat, when we do/ don't exercise.... Any ideas? I feel like if I admit publicly when I mess up, that I'll be less likely to do it! Lol.
Ps- fighting the urge to snack at 12am as we speak...

LogRollMagerino 04-28-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewiemama (Post 3826878)
Yes!!!!! I NEEEEED someone (or many someones!) to hold me ACCOUNTABLE!

Ok, this thread has a lot of people saying "Let's Buddy!" and we aren't doing anything :-P So anyone who want to be a weight loss buddy with me can friend and we can go from there. For real, I am ready to do this!

Goody3shoes 04-28-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiteOwlMommy (Post 3826852)
I'll join in on this buddy system! Goody3shoes your goal is almost exactly what I'm pushing towards I've been finding it almost impossible to see anything under 179 I'm currently 182 but I hope to go into the 170's soon! How has everyone else been doing this week?

I'm exactly the same way! I'm at 183 and I can't seem to get down into the 170's, it's so utterly frustrating!!!!