Old 04-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #1  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Default ~~~Weekly Chat April 11 - April 17~~~

So here we are another week anyone else thinking this month is going by pretty fast? I only have a 4 day week this week, and a nice 3 day weekend. I’m back down to my proper weight of 153 (at least I was yesterday I don’t know what I weight today because I didn’t bother to weight in but I’ll be damn I feel like I’ve lost a few more inches because my work clothing are just falling right off of me! It’s kind of getting annoying not going to lie, but I have another 13 pounds to lose so there’s no point in getting a new uniform now.)

So I finally called that job at the pet store I wanted and I spoke to the lady telling her I wanted Part time but between 20 to 30 hours. She said she was looking for a cashier, (Which I said I could do) but she was also looking for full timer’s because she has a lot of employees but they’re all part time and can’t work full time. I told her I can go up to 30 hours a week if that helped at all and she said she would keep me in mind. That’s so stupid and she’d be an idiot not to hire me to be honest, and it’d be nice if she went back and actually looked at my resume and hours which are pretty much perfect. (and I’m being self-fish I just really need a second job! Or a better paying first job but both seem to be just as difficult to get!) Oh well back to the drawing boards.

I’m doing my taxes on Friday (here’s hoping I get a good amount back!) This stupid new guy at work, wiggles his keys when he wants my attention to say hi. I seriously want to punch him in his face. lol

Happy Monday. (Today is a I'm going to shrug at every complaint day and smile.)
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Wheres everyone at? ...I've been so BUSY w/ school and homework and have been really slacking in the working out department. I'm hoping to get about 20-30 minutes in tonight after I dye my hair! LOL. But my weight has been fluctuating between 130 and 131 this past week hoping i can see 129 soon..but with my lack of exercise & my late night eating because of work..I don't see it happening anytime soon. But school let's out May 7th and I'm going to be working my butt off to hit 125!! I hope everyone is okay!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #3  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

I'm doing all right here. Had a bit of a biiig eating day on Sunday due to dinner out at Hard Rock Cafe with friends, but those days happen. I realized I don't like burgers that much, and I really don't like French fries. The more you know, I guess!

Yesterday was a really good eating/exercising day, about 1350 calories (really low for me) and instead of dwelling on feeling hungry after I finished dinner, I got swept away into planning a collaborative musical performance with my boyfriend for a charity concert in June. It'll be the first time we have ever played music together despite both of our Facebook profile pictures being us with instruments, ha.

This morning I got up and banged out 100 pushups just because I felt great. We had the health check at work today. I feel strangely proud of my low blood pressure; the doctor even told me to eat more salt. Also, in biggest and best news, I have grown almost a centimeter in the past year! So now in my mind I am "officially" 1/4 inch away from my dream height of 5'5!

Weight is on a downward trend, still way higher than I want it to be but I can button my suit jacket today, which certainly wasn't the case yesterday.

JLNichols Time slows down when you're in the feathers weight range. What color are you going to dye your hair?

MiZTaCCeN Thanks for starting the new thread! Hahaha you work with some REAL winners; what's up with keys-jangler? Congrats on returning to 153 and on loose clothes!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

MiZ Sounds like a frustrating situation, but I guess that maybe she really does need someone for complete full time hours? I hope something works out for you soon.

JL I'm sure you won't be stuck for long!

krampus Good to hear that you are feeling good!

~Sorry sorry I am so absent, this new job = me getting home from work and not really feeling like being in front of a computer!
Unfortunately the new job/not used to being full time/working on the artists studio and gallery/doing a million things at once has taken its toll - I am definitely coming down with some form of illness now, feels like a cold or something.

I am skipping my Zumba class (terrible, especially as the last exercise I did was Zumba last Tuesday) in favour of getting a super early night - I basically mean I'm already in bed...

My weight is still hovering around the same weight (61-61.5 kg) which is pretty good considering the crap I've been eating - but I've still been counting and haven't been exceeding even maintenance, so theoretically I should still be losing - but I'm happy enough with maintenance until I get myself sorted out.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:01 AM   #5  

Krampus--Dying my hair brown. I had put blonde hightlights in it about a week ago and it turned out like crap! So I just dyed it back to my originial color.

Rainbow-I understand not wanting to get on the computer after being at work all day.. I feel the SAME exact way.

Been up since 4:45 this morning..have to be at work at 7. BLAH I'm tired and I haven't even got there yet. This morning weight was 130.2 ..I really hope to see 129 soon! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:35 AM   #6  
Lifes a Journey

Morning ladies, I was beginning to worry that no one was going to be around this week…haha what a lonely weekly chat with just myself. :P

so today my weight stays the same. I’m not surprised I haven’t really been doing anything I should get back into working out. Sweets and I are doing the C25K stuff but only a few times a week. I think I’m going to do the unthinkable get another Full time job working for another company for evenings or midnight shifts and do this one as well. (If they require days…then I’ll just speak to my boss to move me to afternoons again…yes I’m a royal pain in the butt, but at the same time I think he understands...) Only for a few months and if it pays just as much as my job now I’d be laughing because the amount of money I’d be bringing in to pay crap off. Which also means tax man next year will screw me royally...but being out of debt and possibly getting a down payment on a condo is soooo worth it! Wish me luck! Here I go to attempt to write a better cover letter!

JL – did you dye your hair? Also I hate when I wake up super early and can’t fall back to sleep. Hopefully your day will go by fast!

Krampus – That must have been fun playing with your boyfriend together! Also that’s exciting about growing! The dude I’m seeing says when you get thinner you get taller…maybe it’s just the way our posture is once we get thinner and more confident?

Rainbow – New things can do that! I hope you feel better soon and things start to become less stressful!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #7  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning ladies! Gosh. I feel like I'm never around anymore.

Work is getting... better. The girl who doesn't do ANYTHING was talking to me about putting her 2 weeks notice in, and then she calls out on the day she was going to do it! We hopefully will have a new person starting, which is awesome. Once we get rid of the girl who doesn't do anything I'll be the only girl back there once again. Ugh, complete saussage-fest. Oh well. Wow. totally forgot what I was going to say. I got distracted by all of JL's dancing carrots.

MiZ - I had a lady wave pre-cut matting at me to get my attention yesterday, instead of walking over about 5 feet and saying "Excuse me, miss?". Annoying! You work with some real winners.

krampus - your new avatar is ADORABLE. Yay for growing! I was super excited when I went to the doctor 6 months ago and she said I was 5'3"

rainbow - I totally understand about job stress right now. Hang in there though, it'll all sort itself out.

JL - Damn girl, you just keep getting tinier! You're gonna get to your goal in no time.

OH! Now I remember what I was going to say! Last night my friend and I played Just Dance 2 on the Xbox360 Kinect and it was SO amazing. What a friggen workout. I need to save up and get it. I was supposed to with either my taxes or my student loan, but ended up having to get new struts for Betty (my adorable car) and an emergency wisdom tooth extraction.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Morning ladies! It's been so quiet this week, tuesday and only six chat replies!

MiZ - I'm sorry to hear you need another job but glad you have a good plan to follow, if only I did. Good luck adding in more exercise, hopefully I can get off my butt after work and get some in myself.

JL - I dyed my hair yesterday as well. Mine was just a re-touch as I've found a color I am very happy with. Good luck on 129 tomorrow!

Rainbow - Keep it up, look at you maintaining through all the stress of a new job!

Laneyy - At least you get rid of useless girl? Me, I kinda thrive on the sausage-fest environment. Guys don't tend to get as petty about stuff and I relate better to them in a work way.

Oof. Long day, long night. I will be sleeping in today, no need to avoid roommate meltdown, today is her therapy group so I can sleep in peace. 137.4 this morning, followed by some ravenous mini binging on my part. I had a handful of skittles, a serving of cookie dough, a cookie and some crackers and cheese for my snack instead of just crackers and cheese. I adjusted so I am finishing the day at 1600 if I eat the donut the officers got me on shift tonight. Which I'm really conflicted over. I like that the guys are including me in stuff but I can't eat every donut that comes my way. So I hid it in my bag, but now I face the monster that says "come on, it's just a donut" vs the guilt of already having gone off plan.

Tomorrow is the big day- wisdom teeth part one. I've got some soups stocked up and some good TV on tap for convalescing at home.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:24 PM   #9  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

ugh i have got to stop snacking, i've been indulging in ice cream sandwiches lately knowing full well i dont need the crap but i did it anyway, i have to go get some yogurt tonight or something so i can do smoothies til i leave this weekend. or it will be my luck i'm getting ready for TOM and its gonna come while i'm at the wedding
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #10  
sugar is the devil

Holy intense workout Batman... I think I died! LOL
First I had to do 4 sets of Kettle bell swings, arm presses, and then side twists. Then 4 sets of deadlifts and burpees. Then for 10 minutes I had to do a cycle of 5 wall balls, 10 crunches, and 15 kettle bell swings... without stopping for breaks..... HOLY MOLY... hardest workout yet... and my trainer said they will now be like this from now on.... Oye!

Now I'm drinking my Chocolate Peanut Butter protein shake (that I've mimicked into a milk shake)..... and I'm thinking a nap is in the making afterwards

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 04-12-2011 at 12:53 PM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #11  
Semper Paratus

S/C/G: 181/~ticker~/130

Height: 65.5''

Smile

Good morning, this will be my first time doing a 'chat' type of thing

I kind of slacked off and woke up late this morning, so I ended up not working out. :/
But I told myself that I WILL work out after class today.
I am going to try this turbo-kick class they have at the gym. I'm also going to run afterwards, since I didnt work out yesterday
But I found myself at 130.4 this morning, a little discouraged since I was at 129.6 last Thursday. I think it may be from getting sick over the weekend, then I drank a lot of juice yesterday and made the mistake of eating late...which I knew would get me.

fromthebox--good luck with the wisdom teeth!! I got all mine taken out at once, it really sucked, just make sure to take the pain medicine right on time!!

MiZ--good luck on the cover letter/getting another job!

Last edited by lilmonstervictoria; 04-12-2011 at 01:40 PM.
lilmonstervictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #12  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 169.8/159/135

Height: 5'4

Hello Ladies,

The past week has been pretty crazy. We had 2 midterms, which weren't too bad, I confirmed my internship at the psychiatric hospital, and did a ton of house work because my house looked like a bomb blew it up. Pretty busy on top of school and work and be a "responsible" adult

fromthebox Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. Maybe with the donut you could just be like "Well I just ate, I'll grab it later" and never get it.

Laneyy Is that like DDR? I'm horrible at that. I tried playing once, and I tripped myself.

MiZ Ugh the Tax Man. I love C25K. I'm almost done. It makes learning to run so easy, at least that's my opinion.

sweet That sounds like the workout from ****! Though I'm sure it'll be worth it

lilmonster That's not that big of a fluctuation. It probably could be due to a number of things like water weight or working out really hard.

JL You amaze me with your weight loss capabilities! I bet you're tiny! It's so hard to balance school/work/home life.

Well guys I've plateaued again. I've decided that it's probably my body's way of losing weight. Last time I plateaued I lost like 5 pounds in 2 weeks afterward, so I'm not that disappointed. I'm keeping on track.
luposlipaphobia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #13  

AHH. I feel like a failure. So I ate 400 calories today until I got home from work...and then what happens? I binge..BAD! I'm talking animal crackers, york m&ms and everything I see.. I HATE TOM! So here I sit about to workout and PRAYYY that it doesn't affect my weight in the morning..URRGGG!!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #14  
Lifes a Journey

Today was much better then yesterday! I got a part time job at the bingo hall that I applied to a few months ago. Today a co-worker came up to me and said that the manager asked his wife strictly if I was still interested. I had lined up 4 jobs for me to apply to when I got home which I have by the way and still hoping to hear back from one or more of the jobs for at least an interview. anyways the manager had called me and I said I could come in for an interview tomorrow. She said that wouldn't work so she was going to chances with me on a phone interview. I start tomorrow at 4:00 until 8:30 tomorrow starting with training with the cash. I'm stoked because I have a feeling after two days on cash I can hit the floor and start making some tips. I don't think Boy is enjoying the fact that I now have a part time job, which means the next few weeks (that he's off for work because he starts his 7 days a week) I might not have much time for him but you know what I come number 1! If he really cares he'll stick it out, if not...meh at least I can get out of debt faster! I have a really good feeling things are going to start looking up from today on I can feel it. Yesterday's set back has just motivated me to work harder to bust my *** off and get to where I want. Two journeys and both will end with me at the finished line!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #15  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Agh, I ruined my friend's hair last night during our hair-dyeing party and feel terrible about it. How was I supposed to know she has seriously TWENTY times as much hair as a normal person?! On the bright side though mine looks great - barely noticeable, soft almost-black with a burgundy/red shine over it.

The past two days have been superbly on plan, under 1400 calories with exercise and clean eating. My weight has dropped over 2 kilograms since Monday and I don't feel bloated or backed up at all for once. Have been running more; this morning I got up at 6 and jogged 3 miles before work! I'm at 60.0 kg or 132.3 today; hoping to see 50-something kg tomorrow.

MiZ Boy will get used to it; getting out of debt will make everyone happier! Enjoy your first day of work.

JLNichols 400 calories is so low, I think anyone would binge after eating so little all day! Don't beat yourself up over it; the 120s will come soon even if a couple days later than expected.

lupo Being busy really does make you feel accomplished doesn't it? Glad to hear you're doing OK, hopefully your plateau will end shortly.

lilmonstervictoria Welcome! I'm sure you'll see the 120s again soon - enjoy that Turbo Kick class, I wish I had a gym around here - I'd love to do Zumba or kickboxing or something in a class setting.

SweetScrumptious That sounds pretty hardcore! You're gonna be RIPPED with all those weights and protein shakes. Have a nice nap!

lissa AAAGHHH ice cream sandwiches. Those things are so good, I am going to have to be ever vigilant when I move back to America with all the crack-like dessert options. Good luck getting back on track.

fromthebox The mind does crazy things when it comes to justifying/allotting for going off plan. Almost as if the instant you "allow" yourself to have something, you are somehow obligated to have it even if you don't really want it! Hope all goes well with the wisdom teeth!

Laneyy That game sounds fun, I was pretty awesome at DDR when it was big back around 2002-2003. Is it similar? Sausagefest work environment can be really fun so long as the guys aren't creepy.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote