3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Is there any legit reason why I crave Raisin Bran like a psycho? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/231075-there-any-legit-reason-why-i-crave-raisin-bran-like-psycho.html)

Kaala 04-16-2011 09:13 AM

Is there any legit reason why I crave Raisin Bran like a psycho?

No, I'm serious.

I CRAVE raisin bran.
I've eaten unholy amounts of it for the last few weeks-
it's been my main food lately-
AND I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!

Am I like, deficient in sugar and bran cereal or something?

I bought 4 boxes yesterday and I keep thinking that I don't have enough!
:whoo:

Laneyy 04-16-2011 11:14 AM

It's friggen delicious, that's why! Probably the same reason I crave insane amounts of fruit punch Gatorade.

alicia89 04-16-2011 11:19 AM

Do you get enough iron? Raisin bran has a lot of iron and I know for me if I'm even just slightly anemic or low on iron I always get all sorts of random, weird cravings.

JOLINA 04-16-2011 02:21 PM

Add some Concord grape juice to your diet. See if that helps the cravings.

corazonas 04-16-2011 04:56 PM

My first response would be, because you're psycho! But that's not very likely. Who knows why we crave what we crave sometimes... BUT if you eat those 4 boxes all this afternoon or something I'm going back to thinking you're psycho.

P.S.- Raisin Bran sucks. ;)

Txalupa 04-16-2011 05:36 PM

Sugar. Sugar is addictive! AND there is sugar in milk and in raisin bran. It's like crack!

kateleestar 04-18-2011 10:17 AM

Oh, I love it too. This is why I can only purchase it once in a great while, lol... or I'll eat the whole box. And it has to be name brand, the off-brands just aren't the same!

Mmm. Raisin bran and skim milk... yum..

Also: I loathe and despise raisins, but will eat them in RB. Only in RB! :D

runningfromfat 04-18-2011 10:31 AM

I agree with Txalupa, it's the sugar! Cutting out sugar all together for awhile will actually help you manage your cravings. As a family we only buy one box of cereal for a week and it manages to disappear way too quickly, we really need to stop buying it all together.

As for breakfasts, we eat a lot of scrambled eggs with veggies. Make sure you're getting in enough protein in the mornings!!!

MiZTaCCen 04-18-2011 10:57 AM

A little TMI...but doesn't Raisin bran make you poop like crazy? I just remember having it once and I ran to the bathroom with the runs...I never touched it again because I was scared of that, but sometimes I look at it and think I should get it.

Munchy 04-18-2011 03:06 PM

I go through these addictions like crazy - I wanted Asian style noodle bowls for every meal for MONTHS. My latest addiction is mussels. For the past two months I've wanted mussels everyday. My boyfriend makes fun of me, but whatever :)

JenMusic 04-18-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kateleestar (Post 3812966)
Oh, I love it too. This is why I can only purchase it once in a great while, lol... or I'll eat the whole box. And it has to be name brand, the off-brands just aren't the same!

Mmm. Raisin bran and skim milk... yum..

Also: I loathe and despise raisins, but will eat them in RB. Only in RB! :D

Are we the same person? No, really, this was exactly me . . . up until I finally realized I was lactose intolerant and my morning (filled to the brim) bowl of RB and skim milk was the reason my tummy was so upset!

In addition, I never liked Kellog's RB, only Post. :)

samtheshyone 04-18-2011 08:55 PM

I eat raisin bran like crazy!!! Glad to know that I'm in good company. Um.... Raisin bran.... *heads towards kitchen*

Sam

tropica 04-18-2011 10:08 PM

I'm addicted to Special K Strawberry cereal. My husband says I go through it like water! I really love raisin bran too...I really love cereal!

Gale02 04-19-2011 04:30 PM

I used to LOVE raisin bran until I read the calorie count. 200 calories per cup! :yikes: And you know I can't just eat one measly little cup, I always want a bowlful... more like 2 cups. Mmmmm...

sotypical 04-19-2011 05:11 PM

LMAO I just can't stop laughing every time I see this thread title.

I have no real input, just have to share that.