Old 04-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #16  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i've recently discovered the wonderful food that is hummus.

gimme that and a box of the special k multi grain crackers, and i can eat the whole tub of hummus and the whole box of crackers!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:39 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

skim milk...
2 pts+ for 8 oz of it (86 calories)
But I can't stop at 8oz, if I even have it on cereal, I then want a glass of it. And not an 8 oz glass, a tall cold at *least* 18 oz portion! I am so BAD!!

Thomas Bagel Thins, especially cinnamon raisin. They are 3 pts+ (110 calories) and I LOVE 'em!! I don't even need cream cheese, just give it to me with I can't believe it's not butter spray and I'm good to go.

Sigh...now I want a bagel thin and a big glass of milk!
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:50 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 229/185/155

Great question. Big (fat) yes for me, I gained all of my weight eating healthy foods. I have never eaten refined grains, sugar, or hydrogenated anything. Organic free range eggs, dark chocolate, nuts, avocado, yogurt, flax seeds, and the like. In fact I think I gained most of my weight due to trail mix, and not the m&m kind, the raw pumpkin seed goji berry dried cranberry raw nuts kind. It is so hard to talk about nutrition with some people, because the response I usually get is "When I stopped drinking soda..." or "When I stopped eating fast food..." I've never eaten anything but organic and local and whole foods my entire life and I have weight issues, so for me it is about tackling the binging and the portion out of control more than what is actually going in, because it's good stuff.

Nuts and dried berries are just not something I have a handle on. Or coconut ice cream. Coconut Bliss makes this agave coconut wonder that I have to eat the entire pint of. If I really crave it I just budget the calories and have a light breakfast and a light lunch and have the dang pint for dinner. I find it saves a frantic binge in the long run.
bleujean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:36 AM   #19  
Go For Your Dreams!

S/C/G: HW340/340/160

Height: 5'6

we all sound alike lol..its great we can all relate to eachother
CandyCoatedSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 238.5/?/no more scale 4 me!

Height: 5ft 4 (on a good day!)

Cereal. String Cheese. Peanut Butter. I've done better with the string cheese and pb but i haven't had cereal in my house in months and months. i can't stop at one bowl.
bellastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 187/180/125

Height: 5'5

Raspberries. Hummus. Nuts. Salsa.
TrishG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #22  

Height: 5'7

I can't even keep peanut butter in the house anymore. I just can't control myself around it. That, and blueberries. I have eaten a 1 lb container in one sitting on more than one occasion in my life . . .
NoMoreDoughnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:14 AM   #23  
Resident Cynic

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Peanut butter, bread (even good 100% whole-grain kinds), and milk. Oh man, milk. I drink 1% so it isn't that awful, but I have been known to put away over a half-gallon in a single day. I budget for reasonable portions now, but there have been moments when I seriously considered skipping out on a meal just so that I could have 5 glasses of milk.

I find, though, that I don't crave milk quite as much if I stay away from peanut butter, candy, chili, pastries and pasta. Those are the "milk foods," hah.
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Ugh. I have lots of issues with food in general like everyone else. I can over do it on anything if given the opportunity. The one thing that is ok to eat in moderation that I just know I can't is cashews. I'm ok with other nuts but cashews, OMG! My husband has to hide them from me then I find them. So I said, get peanuts, bazil nuts, anything other than cashews!
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #25  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I find that I binge on things I never would have before my journey. I try my best not to keep any crap at ALL inside my house. So, when I have a binge I do really stupid stuff--like eating four bowls of Kashi Go Lean or something--pretty high calorie. I don't worry about overeating some things--like Shirataki noodles or vegetables or whatever. I also don't worry too much about super lean proteins but I don't have a problem with binging on egg whites or slices of turkey.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #26  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Oh, and ditto the thoughts on peanut butter! My younger daughter seriously needs calories and fat so I always HAVE to keep it for her. I have binged it way too much though.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #27  
Hi there

S/C/G: (HW 215) 208/T/145

Height: 5' 5"

Ditto all the hummus...

but my true guilty pleasure is guacamole. I LOVE the fresh guacamole that I make. All the stuff in it is healthy... but I will sit and eat the whole bowl!
SunnyMathChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:34 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

PEANUT BUTTER! I always tell myself " you can have 1-2 tablespoons.." but its such an effort to not eat 3 or 4 once I start. One good thing about peanut butter is if I over do it it leaves me with a really uncomfy feeling in the pit of my stomach. Great reminder for the next time....

Last edited by skinnyelle39; 05-02-2011 at 10:34 AM.
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #29  
Resident Cynic

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow, peanut butter seems to be a really common problem! I wonder what that's all about. I agree with skinnyelle39 though - it makes me feel awful when I eat too much of it. It turns into a brick in my stomach. That's a good thing, though - at least it's a deterrent (sometimes)!
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #30  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

cereal is a trigger for me, its the only sugar im allowing myself at the moment (apart from fruit) so as soon as i have a small owl its like my eyes get wider and i could just binge on it all night, (and have done in the middle of the night before)
also STRABERRIES a whole punnet is gone in an afternoon..... again sweet and addictive.
damn having a sweet tooth ay!
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote